ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1023 of 3903
« First < 23523923973101310191020102110221023 102410251026102710331073112315232023 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 10:42 AM 04-02-2020
Well NAPA just called and said they are having no new shipments to the warehouse. No shipping between warehouses. Basically said when the kc warehouse is out they are out and closing...
[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
And 1/5 of the deaths. So where is it going?
Probably that that 1/5 number is about to vastly change.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:42 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well the Georgia governor didn't even know this so...
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i'd guess he's a ****ing liar
Moron is a more reasonable explanation....
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:42 AM 04-02-2020
And 1/5 of the deaths. So where is it going?
And farther behind on the timeline
[Reply]
BWillie 10:43 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Well NAPA just called and said they are having no new shipments to the warehouse. No shipping between warehouses. Basically said when the kc warehouse is out they are out and closing...
Shipments of what?
[Reply]
Monticore 10:43 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - lot of 'best guesses' being made.

But we're getting more information and I still think most of what we're learning about the disease specifically is good news.

The fog is clearing just a little bit with every passing day. It isn't giving us concrete answers on how it will progress, but it gives us little glimpses into approaches we can take with it.

But there's been more brainpower thrown at this thing than anything that has come up in decades, if not longer. None of the gaps are for lack of trying. And I don't imagine we'll ever close up all of 'em. But if there are answers to be found, we'll find 'em.
Yup I am hoping it becomes as forgettable as Polio .
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:44 AM 04-02-2020
We have more cases than Italy and Spain combined, we know where it's going.
That's because America has to be #1 in everything. Look we have the most Olympic Golds and every country watches the Super Bowl. If there is an ice age you betcha America is going be the coldest and frozenest country in the world .
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:44 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
True, but if the goal is an R0 at/below 1, there is a level of 'heightened and modified' daily life that can be resumed.

If you aren't showing symptoms but you ARE doing things like keeping up heightened levels of hygiene, avoiding prolonged close contact w/ others and keeping yourself away from at-risk populations, you can still operate at, what, 70% normal?

I just think too many people are acting as though there's NO distinction worth drawing between the openly sick (symptomatic) and those that are asymptomatic.

I still think one of the most fascinating things I've seen on this is the distinction between case progression and initial viral load. It seems more and more likely that people who get hit with this in a big wave at the front are wholly unequipped to deal with it and those are the folks who's bodies are prone to those cytokine storms where their body just goes into overdrive trying to catch up and they end up with horrifying outcomes.

People who get this from some kind of minimal contact w/ touching a handle with small amounts of virus on it and exposing themselves to low initial viral loads are believed to handle it very well. Those that are inhaling when someone sneezes in their face...well not so much there. That's the prevailing theory on healthcare workers as well - they're just taking a constant storm early on in their body's battle with it.

Asymptomatic carriers theoretically carry an equal viral load, but they don't actually expel/expose people as heavily IF they maintain those initial precautions (hygeine, etc...). Catching it from an asymptomatic carrier is likely to yield a less extreme outcome, in other words. Again, just based on information as we're processing it and of course over large numbers. There will undoubtedly be exceptions in both directions.

I think we miss the mark if we don't recognize some pretty key distinctions in how symptomatic vs. asymptomatic appears to be operating on the ground.
i don’t get the “ initial hit has to do with how bad it gets” line.

Maybe I don’t understand enough about viruses but don’t they just multiply once they start infecting you?
[Reply]
jd1020 10:44 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So did they intentionally pick batman?
[Reply]
stumppy 10:45 AM 04-02-2020
I see this ended well..

I think the states that refuse to take action should be notified they'll be at the very end of the list of where medical supplies go to.
That is unless they take action now.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:45 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Shipments of what?
Auto parts. That’s what NAPA is.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:45 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Yup and Missouri's numbers rise every day...it's going to be one of the next hotspots.
Yeah, I don't know that I'd go that far
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:46 AM 04-02-2020
Yeah, I don't know that I'd go that far
Haven’t we had over 20 percent growth in the past couple days?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:46 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Shipments of what?
Pocket rockets
[Reply]
Mecca 10:47 AM 04-02-2020
And now my Roku has a bunch of houses on the home screen and it says home together.....man everyone getting in on this.
[Reply]
Page 1023 of 3903
« First < 23523923973101310191020102110221023 102410251026102710331073112315232023 > Last »
Up