ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 149
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
tk13 09:04 PM 12-28-2020
Padres really going for it. Darvish is older and injury prone, but the guy was great last year and finished 2nd in the Cy Young voting.

In return, the Padres didn't even give up a single top 10 prospect.

The Yu Darvish-to-the-Padres deal is on the verge of happening, sources tell ESPN. Darvish is expected to go with Victor Caratini to SD. Cubs' return is Zach Davies and four young prospects: OF Owen Caissie (18), SS Reggie Preciado (17), OF Ismael Mena (18), Yeison Santana (20).

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 29, 2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:04 PM 12-28-2020
Padres!
[Reply]
Coach 09:49 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Padres really going for it. Darvish is older and injury prone, but the guy was great last year and finished 2nd in the Cy Young voting.

In return, the Padres didn't even give up a single top 10 prospect.

Yeah, I'm not sure Cub fans would be thrilled with this trade, considering the fact that the Cubs are also paying a portion of Yu's salary.
[Reply]
nychief 09:54 PM 12-28-2020
Dodgers will still boat race the Padres.
[Reply]
tk13 09:56 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yeah, I'm not sure Cub fans would be thrilled with this trade, considering the fact that the Cubs are also paying a portion of Yu's salary.
Yeah just taking a short trip around Twitter and it's not pretty. Even a lot of baseball writers think it was pretty much a salary dump. Hard sell considering they just started their own TV network, and a fan base that pretty much always shows up.
[Reply]
Coach 10:29 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah just taking a short trip around Twitter and it's not pretty. Even a lot of baseball writers think it was pretty much a salary dump. Hard sell considering they just started their own TV network, and a fan base that pretty much always shows up.
Thing is though, I think with the 2020 season a wash with no fans in the stadium really hurt their bottom line numbers, that they may had to shed some payroll. I mean, this angle makes sense.

On the other hand, Yu's value is very high right now, and even though he's 34 and has a injury history, I can understand that there wasn't a top 10 prospect back in the return, but sell high while you still can.

So I figure they must think well, let's get 4 young players and hope one of them hits.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:10 AM 12-29-2020
One of those players is a big-time international signee (7 figures), but the return is still shockingly light.

The Padres have a legitimate elite rotation now and will be a threat to the Dodgers, for sure.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:19 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
One of those players is a big-time international signee (7 figures), but the return is still shockingly light.

The Padres have a legitimate elite rotation now and will be a threat to the Dodgers, for sure.
In a matter of a few months they added Clevinger, Snell and Darvish while only losing Patino and Trammel...

Their system is still loaded.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:04 AM 12-29-2020
Magic Man is back

We have signed RHP Ervin Santana to a minor league contract. #Royals

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) December 29, 2020

[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:15 AM 12-29-2020
How far has the Padres farm system fallen with all these trades they've made? It sure seems like they've barely given anything up at all and have gotten huge returns.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:23 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
In a matter of a few months they added Clevinger, Snell and Darvish while only losing Patino and Trammel...

Their system is still loaded.
I think top heavy (Gore, Abrams, Campusano, Weathers, Hassell) is the more appropriate term. I think they've definitely taken a hit with organizational depth.

Gabriel Arias, the SS they dealt to Cleveland, has a chance to be a with high WAR SS with his defense.

Cole Wilcox (paid like a first round pick in the June draft) and Blake Hunt (big time power) could come back to bite them with the Rays. Reginald Preciado is a prospect one can dream upon, but he's a long ways away.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:24 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
How far has the Padres farm system fallen with all these trades they've made? It sure seems like they've barely given anything up at all and have gotten huge returns.
They've lost some depth but Patino is really the only high level gut they moved.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:26 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I think top heavy (Gore, Abrams, Campusano, Weathers, Hassell) is the more appropriate term. I think they've definitely taken a hit with organizational depth.

Gabriel Arias, the SS they dealt to Cleveland, has a chance to be a with high WAR SS with his defense.

Cole Wilcox (paid like a first round pick in the June draft) and Blake Hunt (big time power) could come back to bite them with the Rays. Reginald Preciado is a prospect one can dream upon, but he's a long ways away.
The issue is where would Arias ever play for them? You use guys like that to trade to improve.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:30 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The issue is where would Arias ever play for them? You use guys like that to trade to improve.
I agree.

If they kept Arias, I could see them moving him to 2B to make their defense more elite. But their window is now. It makes no sense to wait for Arias to arrive in 2022.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:00 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I agree.

If they kept Arias, I could see them moving him to 2B to make their defense more elite. But their window is now. It makes no sense to wait for Arias to arrive in 2022.
Abrams also probably ends up at 2nd in the long run and he's a much higher graded prospect. Top that off they just signed a Korean middle infielder.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 149
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149 >
Up