ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 149
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
RoyalsAndSaints 01:12 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Cleveland Indians changing their name.

The Royals (and Chiefs) can hopefully have their names associated with leadership so that they can bypass the political correctness.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:13 PM 12-19-2020
Today is the 10th anniversary of one of the best trades in Royals history - Greinke to the Brewers.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:49 AM 12-21-2020

Padres are trying to bring back Jurickson Profar off his fine season, but the Royals are among other teams in play for Profar

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 21, 2020

[Reply]
ROYC75 12:56 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Well, it's about damn time!

Now do what's right, incorporate most of them into the HOF!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:19 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
SUPER interesting.

I like that type of move a LOT. Man.

That would mean KC is not set on using Lopez at 2B as an everyday guy.
[Reply]
tk13 03:59 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
SUPER interesting.

It would definitely create some questions about who plays where. I'd assume Profar would go to 2B? But he's played all over the field. Actually played more games in LF last year, and has had seasons where he's played 3B and SS. Him and Whit together means you could really mix things up.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:15 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
It would definitely create some questions about who plays where. I'd assume Profar would go to 2B? But he's played all over the field. Actually played more games in LF last year, and has had seasons where he's played 3B and SS. Him and Whit together means you could really mix things up.
Yeah... best thing, is that if he hits, you now have added two switch hitters with OBP skills to your lineup.

Merrifield - RF
Mondesi - SS
Dozier - 3B
Santana - 1B
Soler - DH
Perez - C
Profar - 2B

That's a pretty versatile and interesting 1-7.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:58 PM 12-21-2020
Yeah... best thing, is that if he hits, you now have added two switch hitters with OBP skills to your lineup.

Merrifield - RF
Mondesi - SS
Dozier - 3B
Santana - 1B
Soler - DH
Perez - C
Profar - 2B

That looks at least interesting to watch.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:21 PM 12-23-2020
https://theathletic.com/2277301/2020...l-lynch-debut/

When will Bobby Witt Jr. make his major-league debut? Is the pressure on Nicky Lopez with Witt knocking on the door? — Kurt V.
Originally Posted by :
Among the many intriguing questions surrounding the Royals, this takes the cake. It’s a nuanced conversation but also a relevant one because Witt, whom the Royals drafted with the No. 2 pick in 2019, has impressed folks throughout all areas.

Let’s start with the current big leaguers. During the Royals’ summer training camp, Witt perplexed pitchers, including lefty Danny Duffy. After one scrimmage, Duffy said jokingly, “Bobby Witt Jr., dude, best hitter of all time.” Then there’s manager Mike Matheny, who watched Witt double to the right-field corner off pitcher Mike Montgomery. “That just made me giggle a little, I guess,” Matheny said afterward. The hitting development staff, too, was overjoyed by Witt’s ability. It’s not just his average exit velocity or his pitch selection but also his competitiveness. When Witt is down two strikes in the count, it’s hard — if not impossible — to tell.

“I don’t even know how to explain what he can do,” director of hitting performance Alec Zumwalt said.

Witt’s talent is obvious. What’s not obvious is when to promote a prospect. In 2015, the Royals promoted a 20-year-old shortstop named Adalberto Mondesi, who grew up in a baseball family and in a household with a big-league father. His baseball IQ was obvious, but the toll baseball takes on a young man is not, and Mondesi has obviously been through a lot in the last five years.

In June, Witt will turn 21. Unless a setback occurs, it’d be feasible to think he’d prove himself ready by the end of the season, at least. The state of the roster will also affect the Royals’ decision-making. General manager Dayton Moore doesn’t promote players just to promote them; they have to be ready, and a daily playing opportunity has to exist. If that’s the case this summer, and Witt continues to dominate in the minors, anything is possible.

As far as Lopez, I don’t think any pressure will emerge because of Witt’s progression. There’s already pressure with how good Whit Merrifield is at second base, and how many potent outfield bats the Royals have.
Do you think we see Daniel Lynch in 2021? Does he make the opening day roster? — Rich Z.
Originally Posted by :
Here’s a short answer to your first question: Yes.

Lynch, whom The Athletic’s Keith Law ranked as his top prospect this spring, made important strides this season — strides that were always going to be necessary for him to pitch in the big leagues.

Pitching at 6-foot-6 is different. Ask other lanky lefties such as Randy Johnson or Chris Sale. Consistent command for guys who create the type of angles they do is difficult. That’s why Lynch spent so much of last season working with director of pitching performance Paul Gibson. They focused on Lynch’s favorite feel: When he gets his arm on top of the ball and throws downhill. Lynch also started to throw his changeup more.

Though he pitched in the Arizona Fall League, Lynch hasn’t pitched above High A in a normal minor-league season. He’ll certainly compete for an Opening Day roster spot in spring training, and if he blows the Royals away, his early presence might be possible. For now, the likeliest scenario seems to be Duffy starting out of camp. That would shield Lynch from having to throw too many innings; it would also give the Royals a chance to evaluate Duffy for a few more months to see what road to take, given Duffy is entering the final year of his contract.
Who will be the first Royals prospect to make his major-league debut this season? — Mark S.
Originally Posted by :
This, of course, is a different question from the first call-up. Or, it is for our purposes. Looking over the prospect lists, you probably won’t see Bolaños or Olivares. That leaves some of the others we’ve mentioned, and Kowar makes so much sense. He’s already pitched (and pitched well) at Double-A Northwest Arkansas. He spent last season making some mass changes. He remains motivated, though, and with his mid-to-upper 90s velocity and plus-plus changeup, he figures to be a starting option or bullpen option, whichever the Royals prefer.
Lee’s swing is looking short and quick in winter ball, and Dayton is looking for a left-handed bat: Could Lee be the center fielder out of spring training? — Rupert V.
Originally Posted by :
No. That’s the quick answer to your question because Michael A. Taylor will be playing center field. I do, though, think it’s important to discuss Lee.

As you mentioned, his swing does look improved, which isn’t a surprise given all of the work he’s put in alongside the Royals’ hitting development staff. That said, he’s still 22. He hasn’t played at Triple A yet. He could stand to benefit from more at-bats and more consistent power, including balls hit in the air. I think that’s what the Royals hope this season. It wouldn’t shock me if he debuts at some point in the back half of the year.

[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:55 PM 12-25-2020

Rangers in agreement with Japanese right-hander Kohei Arihara, source tells The Athletic.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 26, 2020

[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:56 AM 12-26-2020
Have we had any movement in the Jurickson Profar thing yet?
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:19 AM 12-26-2020

Merrifield - RF
Mondesi - SS
Dozier - 3B
Santana - 1B
Soler - DH
Perez - C
Profar - 2B

Who is going to come out of ST with LF honors ?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:27 PM 12-27-2020

BREAKING: Padres to acquire 2018 Cy Young Award winner Blake Snell from Rayshttps://t.co/NWJygoyTW8

— CBS Sports MLB (@CBSSportsMLB) December 28, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 11:44 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Padres about to be a force...
[Reply]
BWillie 12:22 AM 12-28-2020
SUPER interesting.

Whit should play 2b every fucking day. Hes not a great OF, for whatever reason and his highest value is at 2b.
[Reply]
Page 147 of 149
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149 >
Up