ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: The Witcher
keg in kc 12:08 PM 05-17-2017
Not much in the way of details yet, but it's under development. It's a pretty long series of books, not just a trilogy of games. Don't even know if it's going to be Geralt or someone new in the universe. Whatever it is, something tells me we'll see it sometime in 2018 or early 2019.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:39 AM 12-18-2021
I watched 1-3 last night before I got tired and had to go to bed 10 minutes in to ep. 4. I'm confused a lot this season. I'll definitely have to binge it again, maybe a few times. So far it's just confusing, and the dialog is hard for me to follow. Seems there is a fair amount of low talking quickly by people with accents and shit. Maybe captions is the way to go.

In any case, I'm not as enthralled as I was for season 1. But it's still early yet.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:40 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
After watching the first episode I had to go google how old the girl playing Ciri was... I was like... I think they just about showed us her boobs there...ok... she is 20.... carry on.
:-)

Yeah, I don't know how old she is supposed to be in the show, but she...uh...grew up a lot between seasons...
[Reply]
Frazod 06:37 AM 12-19-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I watched 1-3 last night before I got tired and had to go to bed 10 minutes in to ep. 4. I'm confused a lot this season. I'll definitely have to binge it again, maybe a few times. So far it's just confusing, and the dialog is hard for me to follow. Seems there is a fair amount of low talking quickly by people with accents and shit. Maybe captions is the way to go.

In any case, I'm not as enthralled as I was for season 1. But it's still early yet.
Subtitles help. So does playing the games. I admit that I'd be fairly lost if I hadn't had a basic understanding of the characters and the story before watching. I mostly know what the monsters are before they're identified, as well as the spells and potions that he uses to fight them.

I finished episode 2 last night.
Spoiler!

But I'm digging it. And the cursed guy in episode 2 looked amazing. Not sure if it was CGI or just really awesome makeup. I guess if you can't tell they win.

Still hate ugly Triss, though. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:59 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Now just wait a fucking minute....

Big S2 lep 4/5 spoiler...

Spoiler!
That was bullshit.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:09 AM 12-20-2021
Geralt names all his horses Roach. It’s because he out lives them so he doesn’t give them individual names.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 05:44 PM 12-20-2021
Waiting for a verdict on this before I watch. I would hate to watch and be disappointed. One of the few shows I've actually enjoyed in the last decade.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 12:02 PM 12-21-2021
Season 2 was kind of meh. un-compelling.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:50 PM 12-21-2021
It was just okay. I was hoping for more but after watching the season and then reading on Reddit about how they wanted to bring more female characters to the forefront of the show….it kind of fell flat.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:20 PM 12-21-2021
I finished episode 5 last night and I'm really enjoying it. Again, as I've said before, playing the games helps so much. Some people may be wondering what's going on with the owl, for example. I'm not. :-)

As for female characters, in this instance, I don't give a crap, because outside of Geralt all the most powerful supporting characters ARE women. Yennifer could pretty much instantly kill Geralt or anybody else if she wanted to, and Ciri's powers exceed Yen's exponentially.

It's not like they made Vesimer a woman or Lambert queer or some bullshit like that.
[Reply]
Fish 07:35 PM 12-21-2021
Yeah, I agree that it probably wouldn't be as enjoyable if you haven't played the game or read the books. I thought it was very well done. Definitely agree with Fraz, they fucked up Triss big time. And I'm also surprised at who they've killed off. But overall I thought it was really well done, and they clearly are setting up the rest of the story.
[Reply]
Fish 07:40 PM 12-21-2021
FYI, if you want to know some monster background info:

There's also another Netflix short called Witcher - Characters of the continent that will explain brief history of the people in the show.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:51 PM 12-21-2021
I liked the season but for me season one was a tiny better. But this season did some minor world building great. Just felt like her story was rushed.
[Reply]
srvy 09:53 PM 12-21-2021
All I know is that screaming thing crawling around in the rafters was creepy as fuck.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:38 AM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It was just okay. I was hoping for more but after watching the season and then reading on Reddit about how they wanted to bring more female characters to the forefront of the show….it kind of fell flat.
really a shame. the wokeness strikes again. Gonna pass.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:25 AM 12-22-2021
More content

[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up