Hall of Classics>****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****
pr_capone 12:49 PM 10-01-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organization:

pr_capone: Paypal / FB / Media Contact
Marty: FB / Twitter / Media Contact
GoChiefs: (Cassel's Reckoning) - FB / Research / Youtube

This team is just plain awful. The only consistently good play on offense comes from Bowe and Charles. Daboll is, I'm sure a great person, but an awful offensive coordinator. While I understand that trying to lead this team is "like trying to drive a car with 4 flat tires"... it is incomprehensible to me how he can misuse the little talent that he does have. Romeo was the right man for the job regarding Belcher. He is still not the guy to coach this team into playoff contention and a Super Bowl.

*****. I hope the rumors of the Titans being interested are true. I hope you did get your walking papers on your recent trip to Dallas. I cannot wait for you to be gone from Kansas City. You took an ailing team and smothered it Cassel, ineffective FA, and bad picks in the draft. Statistically... you are the worst thing to ever happen to Kansas City Chiefs football. I will be thrilled when your termination is announced.

There is still an unresolved issue with the donation from sports nutz and both parties are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Because I cannot afford to pay for a 2 hour flight by myself... we are only planning on flying a single banner. Effectively, we only have $960ish in the bank until the matter is resolved.

If the funds come available in time for the banner to fly, we will fly a second banner as well.

Donations - Financials
Spoiler!

Archived Opening Posts

First Post - The Banner Is In The Air
Spoiler!

The Banner Is In The Air - 10/17
Spoiler!

10/17 - 11/9
Spoiler!

11/9 - Blackout
Spoiler!

Blackout - Raiders
Spoiler!

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:59 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
I truly, and honestly don't give a shit who we hire. Don't care, at all. Cowher, Shanahan, Gruden, all names I've kind of thought were shitty in the past, all look pretty damned good now. Mother**** you, Scott Pioli.
:-) I guess the new slogan can be:

MOTHER**** YOU, SCOTT! :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 08:23 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
I truly, and honestly don't give a shit who we hire. Don't care, at all. Cowher, Shanahan, Gruden, all names I've kind of thought were shitty in the past, all look pretty damned good now. Motherfuck you, Scott Pioli.
That said, I'd still like to see us hire Bruce Arians.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:41 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Once again, other than placating a bunch of impatient fans, what USEFUL purpose does it serve?

He doesn't want to screw up next year by getting all the players excited about change - it's the same craziness that led to Romeo Crennel being hired as head coach.

There's NO REASON to make changes now. NONE, NADA, ZILCH
I'm not trying to start a war, but I think if you fire Pioli, it gives you more time to court your next GM. Maybe he's already doing that. Is it like coaches where you can't talk until after the season? Either way, there's no reason to keep Pioli if it inhibits you in any way from getting your guy.

I said long ago that if it were me, I'd have fired his ass around week 6, told Donovan to give Bowe whatever the fuck he wants, and went out and found my guy.

But maybe since there is two weeks left, there isn't anything to gain from doing it now.

Originally Posted by dirk digler:
IMHO if the goal is to draft a young QB #1 then I would rather have a young coach to grow with that QB not an old coach looking for a pay day and who will be here just 3-4 years.
I'm with Dirk. Keep Cowher the fuck out of KC. And Cowher as GM? Does he even know anything about being a GM?

And why the fuck are we talking about finding a coach first? Hire a good GM, let him hire the coach. There has to be some cohesiveness there. They have to be able to find synergy between personnel decisions and scheme. It just has to be that way. Find the right GM, he'll find the right coach.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:50 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by soopamanluva:
Never paid Haley.....
Pioli pays the coach, he's their boss. Pioli fired him WITH CAUSE and therefore is not entitled to any present or future compensation.

100% Pioli.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm not trying to start a war, but I think if you fire Pioli, it gives you more time to court your next GM. Maybe he's already doing that. Is it like coaches where you can't talk until after the season? Either way, there's no reason to keep Pioli if it inhibits you in any way from getting your guy.
There's also no reason to fire him if it doesn't inhibit you from getting your guy. Clark has reportedly already been interviewing and meeting with candidates, so it appears that the presence of Pioli has no effect whatsoever on the process of hiring the next guy.

But maybe since there is two weeks left, there isn't anything to gain from doing it now.
After week 10 or so, there was nothing to gain from doing it in-season.

And why the **** are we talking about finding a coach first? Hire a good GM, let him hire the coach. There has to be some cohesiveness there. They have to be able to find synergy between personnel decisions and scheme. It just has to be that way. Find the right GM, he'll find the right coach.
We've tried letting GM hire the coach. It hasn't worked. We need a different arrangement, more like Marty had with Carl where they were peers. Giving complete control to one guy does not work.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:55 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
The problem with this argument is

A) Cowher is a capable HC.

B) Stanzi isn't an NFL QB.
Completely irrelevant.

Parcells, Vermeil, and Seifert were all capable HC - HoF material even - and they couldn't do it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 AM 12-18-2012
The eternal optimist, NFL cheerleader, and most conservative football talking head there is, Kevin Harlan, sounds like he feels Pioli is done.

Best sign yet.

Of course, he went on to say there wasn't a franchise QB available in the upcoming draft...
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 09:02 AM 12-18-2012
I'm with htis on all of this. It makes NO sense to fire him now. There isn't any one player to appease like Cam Newton in Carolina. Let Pioli own this entire season of shit, and move on with a #1 pick, and a fresh regime.

But I know it's not patience that is the issue, it's fear. Don't let it consume you. Pioli, Rac, Daboll, and Cassel are fucking out of here in less than 2 weeks. Take it to the bank.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:05 AM 12-18-2012
You're probably right on the firing Pioli stuff, I just wanted to throw it out there.

We've tried letting GM hire the coach. It hasn't worked. We need a different arrangement, more like Marty had with Carl where they were peers. Giving complete control to one guy does not work.
I don't think that them being forced to be peers by ownership is the right call.

I think you just hire a GM that isn't a fucking pile of motherfucking cunt juice mixed with runny dog shit and firmed up with puss from a festering rat plague boil.

If you get a GM that isn't an egomaniac control freak and understands the importance of a good coach and doesn't just try to execute some dumbass system where he tries to be the smartest guy in the room, they should get along OK. Are there any other cases where a coach is forced on a GM?
[Reply]
Dayze 09:10 AM 12-18-2012
bring in Trent Green as OC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 AM 12-18-2012
I don't think that them being forced to be peers by ownership is the right call.

I think you just hire a GM that isn't a ****ing pile of mother****ing **** juice mixed with runny dog shit and firmed up with puss from a festering rat plague boil.

If you get a GM that isn't an egomaniac control freak and understands the importance of a good coach and doesn't just try to execute some dumbass system where he tries to be the smartest guy in the room, they should get along OK. Are there any other cases where a coach is forced on a GM?
It takes a certain kind of person to be an NFL head coach or NFL GM. I think they are INHERENTLY egomaniacs.

It's purely Machiavellian - absolute power corrupts absolutely.

You could bring in anybody you want but the minute you give him complete control, things get skewed. Maybe not to Pioli levels but they still get skewed.

The coach and GM HAVE to at least be peers or it is ultimately doomed to fail.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 12-18-2012
IMO, if Clark wants to be the type of owner we have all talked about, you can't have someone with absolute power, as we've seen what can happen.

Therefor, you bring in a HC and a GM, tell them "damn it, you two are gonna work together and we're gonna get this right" and roll from there.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:03 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:
Pioli has done a good job with the OL IMO.

Next year it's really gonna come together.

Albert, Allen, Hudson, Asamoah and Winston are gonna kick ass.
They're better than advertised, i'll agree on that.

But how are the fade able to chew them up every single time? they never fail to get abused against them, pathetic displays every time.
[Reply]
bevischief 11:05 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by scott free:
They're better than advertised, i'll agree on that.

But how are the fade able to chew them up every single time? they never fail to get abused against them, pathetic displays every time.
They have given up this year the faiders haven't.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:06 AM 12-18-2012
It takes a certain kind of person to be an NFL head coach or NFL GM. I think they are INHERENTLY egomaniacs.
I think that's right. IMO, Pioli's personality failure (as opposed to his job performance failures) was insecurity, not ego. If he had the confidence to let his coach coach and to let his coach and players interact with the public like normal human beings instead of putting the organization on lockdown, he would have been a lot more likable.
[Reply]
Page 542 of 603
« First < 42442492532538539540541542 543544545546552592 > Last »
Up