ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anthony Lynn says Chargers are going back to Tyrod
staylor26 08:02 PM 09-21-2020

Anthony Lynn elaborating on why Tyrod Taylor is still his starter: "There's a lot we didn't get done with Justin on the field yesterday. He's a backup for a reason." #Chargers

— Daniel Popper (@danielrpopper) September 21, 2020

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 09:01 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's an unwritten rule in the NFL. Vets don't often lose their job due to an injury.
I don’t care about that unwritten rule in this situation.

Tyrod should lose that job because the QB they just invested a top pick on is clearly better right now. Didn’t the same exact thing happen in Cleveland with Baker?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:03 PM 09-21-2020
The Chargers will be falling apart with injuries after a few more games. They will be a second place team as long as we have Mahomes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Tyrod should lose that job because the QB they just invested a top pick on is clearly better right now. Didn’t the same exact thing happen in Cleveland with Baker?
Yeah.

Not saying it's right or wrong. It's just not "controversial".

Starting QB's very rarely lose their jobs to injuries.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:05 PM 09-21-2020
Yeah.

Not saying it's right or wrong. It's just not "controversial".

Starting QB's very rarely lose their jobs to injuries.
By “controversial” I just mean it’s a bad move that will and should be criticized. Nobody thought it would be a question after yesterday’s game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:06 PM 09-21-2020
By “controversial” I just mean it’s a bad move that will and should be heavily criticized.
Bad move? Yeah, probably.

It won't be heavily criticized because most of the talking heads are former coaches, players, or GM's. They're all part of the "club".
[Reply]
staylor26 09:07 PM 09-21-2020
Bad move? Yeah, probably.

It won't be heavily criticized because most of the talking heads are former coaches, players, or GM's. They're all part of the "club".
Middlekauff wasn’t shy about his feelings :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 PM 09-21-2020
Middlekauff wasn’t shy about his feelings :-)
I'm sure some of the pundits will hate it. Especially the younger ones that don't have all the tradition ingrained in them.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:18 PM 09-21-2020

I think it's clear that the Chargers had a plan for Herbert similar to the one the Chiefs had for Mahomes, and they apparently want to hold to that plan for now. I admit I'm surprised because even I thought they'd start Herbert after his performance yesterday. But maybe they know something about Herbert's stage of development that didn't show in yesterday's game that they don't want to expose right now or this season.

At any rate, Herbert looked pretty good in his impromptu debut. It'll be interesting to see how long they keep him on the bench.
[Reply]
wazu 10:19 PM 09-21-2020
They really are led by the spirit of Marty.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:33 PM 09-21-2020
Not going to debate it for the 5 millionth time but that 1997 team was completely driven by the defense.

Grbac and Gannon were nearly identical in terms of results. Even statistically they were dead even.

That decision didn't make one lick of difference.
Yes it did. Grbac had to call 3 critical timeouts for literally being “out of breath.” He was not conditioned enough to be playing.

Losing those timeouts was a big part of why the Chiefs 2 minute drill fell apart on the final drive.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:54 PM 09-21-2020
This is entirely about his personal relationship with Tyrod, Lynn coached him in Buffalo.

I read Taylor didn't have a chest injury, he got an injection for a rib injury and it gave him side effects which is how he ended up at the hospital.
[Reply]
JD10367 11:01 PM 09-21-2020

Drew Bledsoe says hi.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:01 PM 09-21-2020
Lynn looks like the dad on Dinosaurs
[Reply]
DRM08 11:14 PM 09-21-2020

Yep, very similar situation. If Tyrod is still having health issues next week and Herbert plays well again, I think that might be the end of it for Tyrod. At some point the owner is not going to allow the coach to keep the high draft pick on the bench if he's playing so well.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:21 PM 09-21-2020
Lynn has a "type" for his QBs. Herbert doesn't quite fit the "type". Rivers certainly didn't fit the "type".
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up