ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>So I guess the metlife turf is really bad
Mecca 01:52 PM 09-21-2020
I had no idea this was an issue till yesterday. Guess the 49ers basically bitched and didn't want to play on it. Got hit with this...

Here is where things stand from the NFL on the turf at MetLife Stadium. pic.twitter.com/oR0rVQz6Bx

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 21, 2020

There were 7-8 leg injuries in that game with Bosa tearing an ACL...apparently the turf is new and it's "sticky" not releasing the guys cleats and causing all sorts of problems.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:26 PM 09-21-2020
So you make a headline saying the turf is really bad then a link saying the field was in compliance lol

Watch the highlights alot of those knee injuries were guys like Bosa getting rolled up on.

The Giants and Steelers played on that same field and didnt have all those injuries
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:39 PM 09-21-2020
I want the turf that’s in SoFi. Butker said he could make it from 70yds there.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:56 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Remember the old Eagles field? I remember one game where there was a like a 2-foot square trap door in the middle of the field. I remember that field essentially ended Wendell Davis' career.
Is that the one that Brian Billick and the Ravens said they would not play on?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:57 PM 09-21-2020
New turf. I was thinking more of the pats stadium a few years ago causing injuries.

I think us bank put an anti static on theirs after it was installed.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:15 PM 09-21-2020
I love turf if it is done right. Man it really hurts my knees watching old chiefs and royals turf. George Brett would have a lot more in the tank if he wasn't on 120 degree of turf heat.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 06:03 PM 09-21-2020
Did the Jets have any injuries? Maybe it's more of how the 49ers handled the weird offseason?
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:15 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
So you make a headline saying the turf is really bad then a link saying the field was in compliance lol

Watch the highlights alot of those knee injuries were guys like Bosa getting rolled up on.

The Giants and Steelers played on that same field and didnt have all those injuries
Yep, I'm inclined to believe most of those injuries happened more due to a lack of offseason/preseason activity
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up