ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dude implies the Chiefs cheated..
Mecca 12:44 PM 09-21-2020
I think this is laughable personally.

What does Townsend pick up after the kick?? https://t.co/Ve0pCWO4TR

— Matthew Stephenson (@Ya_Boy_Matty) September 21, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's pretty sad, I think his implication is that is it a little tee of some sort but cmon it'd be really noticeable.
REALLY noticeable against the yellow. Unless they had a yellow micro-tee (which of course would stick out like a sore thumb anywhere else on the field).

So ridiculous.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:01 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Someone in the mentions makes a good point.

A kick is so regimented and so specifically timed that if the ball isn't down within an inch of where that ball is expected to be placed, it's gonna get missed.

It isn't about just catching it and putting it on its nose wherever so the kicker can adjust and drill it. The foot's essentially on its way down and the holder has to put the ball in the path of the foot, no?

So what it is would be akin to 'X marks the spot'. Butker takes a couple of warm-up kicks, watches where his foot is coming through and tells Newsome - "put the ball HERE. Not a half inch to the left or right of here, but right !@#$ing here".

So Newsome 'marks the spot' with something he can immediately see and know exactly where to put the ball.

I'll bet even money that's it.

No idea if that's legal but I'd be surprised if it isn't. Kickers are so precise that it's gotta be hard to know exactly where that ball comes down without drawing a little target, so to speak.
This is exactly what it is. He marked the spot, somehow. There is zero chance it's a tee of any sort.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:02 PM 09-21-2020
Though I did just notice the strut.

Butker's back is to that ball for 3 seconds before it clears the uprights.

That dude was locked in like nothing you'll ever see. I wonder if he'd have hit from 65. If he needed 68 I think he had it. I mean lord, he was FEELING it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:02 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
This is exactly what it is. He marked the spot, somehow. There is zero chance it's a tee of any sort.
A foreign object of any kind would have been visible in the bottom video. It's in high def.
[Reply]
wazu 01:04 PM 09-21-2020
If something were picked up, it would've been in his right hand. He runs over and jumps on Butker, and then you see his right hand hanging at his side, open. Doesn't appear to have anything in his grasp. So sounds like the rookie needs to buy us a new micro-tee.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:04 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Though I did just notice the strut.

Butker's back is to that ball for 3 seconds before it clears the uprights.

That dude was locked in like nothing you'll ever see. I wonder if he'd have hit from 65. If he needed 68 I think he had it. I mean lord, he was FEELING it.

#Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker said two pretty wild things after the game

- he got angrier each of the three kicks at the end of the game
- he hit from 67 before the game and 70 at halftime, so 58 meant he could “swing easy”

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) September 21, 2020

[Reply]
tk13 01:05 PM 09-21-2020
My guess was some kind of ball marker too. If he is doing something illegal I find it really hard to believe another NFL team wouldn't have picked up on it. Particularly considering we play the Patriots every year. No way Belichick's staff would miss something like that.
[Reply]
wazu 01:07 PM 09-21-2020
I'm really hoping Soren is the one who asks Andy about this.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:07 PM 09-21-2020
I'll give Townsend credit, a rooking holding in that spot is tough and he did the job every time, feel comfortable with him now.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 01:09 PM 09-21-2020
He could've made some kind of divot marker on the field considering Butker had just kicked from that spot 30 seconds before that. It might've gave the two time to say something or make a quick mark for where to place the ball.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:09 PM 09-21-2020
Claynus is a big Twitter head - and I see his post up there. He'll handle that dude, I'm sure.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:10 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'll give Townsend credit, a rooking holding in that spot is tough and he did the job every time, feel comfortable with him now.
At some point, it might be nice to get a youngin to replace Winchester's holding ass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:10 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
He could've made some kind of divot marker on the field considering Butker had just kicked from that spot 30 seconds before that. It might've gave the two time to say something or make a quick mark for where to place the ball.
You would have seen a divot in the paint.

I'm watching the video in HD on a 27" screen. There's literally nothing there. No divot, no foreign object, nothing.

It's bright yellow paint. Unless they are using a bright yellow tiddly wink for a marker, there's simply nothing there.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:10 PM 09-21-2020
BTW, the answer to Matthew Stephenson is "your wife."
[Reply]
wazu 01:11 PM 09-21-2020
Do we have video of the field goal from earlier in the game?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up