ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Reid's Press Conference - Calls out Soren Petro
Dante84 11:12 AM 09-21-2020
Never heard Andy drop the hammer on someone during a Press Conference like this. It wasn't over the top, but it was a zinger.

Soren asked a long two part question, the first part was asking about if we were over-confident/cocky and figured we had enough time to catch up at the end.

Andy chuckled and rolled his eyes a bit, and when Petro finished his long ass questions, Andy responded with something like:

"I'm still irritated about your question about Tyreek taking his helmet off yesterday, and expect more professional questions. As for your first question, again I expect you to ask better, more professional questions.

:-)

It's at the 4:30 mark, and enjoy the death glare when Reid finishes answering

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:37 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
5. It was a good no call by the refs. Hill had just made a spectacular catch and touchdown by diving, spinning, and rolling into the end zone with upper body and head smashing on the ground. Without reviewing and watching it several times, it was right for the refs to assume the helmet had come off or was twisted by the fall and needed to be adjusted.
Really good point - there's no way they can throw that flag there. The odds are incredibly high that any number of the impacts involved there could've popped a strap and had that thing on his head at a 90 degree angle and he was just taking it off to adjust it.

From the officials standpoint, they have no way to divine intent there so they just have to swallow their whistle.

Yeah - definitely a good no-call. 9 times out of 10 that's just a dude who's helmet got jarred loose and they can't go assuming otherwise on a trivial penalty like that with the game on the line.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:38 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Really good point - there's no way they can throw that flag there. The odds are incredibly high that any number of the impacts involved there could've popped a strap and had that thing on his head at a 90 degree angle and he was just taking it off to adjust it.

From the officials standpoint, they have no way to divine intent there so they just have to swallow their whistle.

Yeah - definitely a good no-call. 9 times out of 10 that's just a dude who's helmet got jarred loose and they can't go assuming otherwise on a trivial penalty like that with the game on the line.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:49 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Not sure why Petro even participates in these press conferences... he's an opinion-driven talkshow host, not a reporter.

These press conferences aren't meant as forums to editorialize/to ask opinion-based questions, as Petro regularly does.
Welcome to what passes for journalism these days. It certainly isn't limited to sports.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:28 PM 09-21-2020
BTW, Tyreek says his helmet got knocked off and that he would never take off his helmet.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/tyreek-...ess-conference
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:32 PM 09-21-2020
Somewhere Dwayne Rudd slowly cries tears into his beer...
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
BTW, Tyreek says his helmet got knocked off and that he would never take off his helmet.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/tyreek-...ess-conference
Yep. It was pretty clear what happened.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:40 PM 09-21-2020
How terrifying would it be to have this man mad at you?
Attached: D0BE74C1-549D-421F-852B-029CF573E2D5.jpg (41.0 KB) 
[Reply]
BWillie 02:44 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
What's weird here is a lot of the players during the game seemed in a bad mood , and now Andy also.

Maybe it's because they were having a tough time with the Chargers, but it just seems like something was out of kilt.
I saw that in the 1st half. I don't normally attribute emotions to anything, and I doubt it had much to do with our play but they didn't seem like their rah rah selfs out there based on their body language.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 02:45 PM 09-21-2020
The whole thing is funny. Andy seems a bit salty, and Petro can get a little strange.

But I have no doubt that had they called the penalty, the Chiefs would have either converted the 2 point conversion or found a way to score a touchdown on the last drive and actually win the game in regulation.

That's what happens when the Chiefs play the Chargers, because Mahomes.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:46 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I saw that in the 1st half. I don't normally attribute emotions to anything, and I doubt it had much to do with our play but they didn't seem like their rah rah selfs out there based on their body language.
I was just listening to Petro\Nate Taylor and they believe because this was their first game with no fans it had an impact on them since they thrive on the crowd\emotion unlike other teams like the Pats.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:50 PM 09-21-2020
Did anybody ask how Damien Wilson got back into the game after knocking himself out?
[Reply]
Dayze 02:51 PM 09-21-2020
Petro should stick with Trivia and COVID-19 rants.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:00 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Did anybody ask how Damien Wilson got back into the game after knocking himself out?
From the looks of it, it might actually have been a stinger or something. Not sure he was actually woozy, just in pain.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:10 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I was just listening to Petro\Nate Taylor and they believe because this was their first game with no fans it had an impact on them since they thrive on the crowd\emotion unlike other teams like the Pats.
Lets not forget the Chargers are used to empty stadiums as well. :-)
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 03:16 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Maybe I saw it differently but it looked like Tyreek’s helmet was knocked loose during the play and he removed it accordingly.
This was my impression as well.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up