ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Reid's Press Conference - Calls out Soren Petro
Dante84 11:12 AM 09-21-2020
Never heard Andy drop the hammer on someone during a Press Conference like this. It wasn't over the top, but it was a zinger.

Soren asked a long two part question, the first part was asking about if we were over-confident/cocky and figured we had enough time to catch up at the end.

Andy chuckled and rolled his eyes a bit, and when Petro finished his long ass questions, Andy responded with something like:

"I'm still irritated about your question about Tyreek taking his helmet off yesterday, and expect more professional questions. As for your first question, again I expect you to ask better, more professional questions.

:-)

It's at the 4:30 mark, and enjoy the death glare when Reid finishes answering

[Reply]
BWillie 12:22 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
He had asked him about why Tyreek took off his helmet or something like that. Inferring that Tyreek was lucky not to get a flag and was stupid.
To me, it looked like Tyreek's momentum from the somersault was already making his helmet start to come off so he took it off. It was a natural movement for him to take his helmet off and I didn't get a sense it was a look at me type thing although I've seen our players do that before.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:22 PM 09-21-2020
What's weird here is a lot of the players during the game seemed in a bad mood , and now Andy also.

Maybe it's because they were having a tough time with the Chargers, but it just seems like something was out of kilt.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:24 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's not indicative of any sort of team-wide lack of focus, as Petro had suggested.

Ask Reid if he saw it or will make it a point of emphasis in in a meeting/practice going forward. But to ask if it shows that his team didn't come ready to play when it immediately followed one of the better deep strikes you're likely to see all season....well like I said, it's bush league.

Hill damn sure demonstrated plenty of focus on that play and then literally got his elbows knocked over his asshole trying to get into the end zone. We're gonna try to equate taking a helmet off there with being unprepared?

C'mon -that's grade A shit disturbing and Reid is fine for calling it as such.
This entire forum was commenting on what appeared to be a lack of focus and drive yesterday. The game day thread was filled with similar comments. Yes, there is a large difference between a post-game presser and a message board, but let’s not act like this is some out of left field question.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:25 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Reminds me of this one

amazing audio!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:26 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
This entire forum was commenting on what appeared to be a lack of focus and drive yesterday. The game day thread was filled with similar comments. Yes, there is a large difference between a post-game presser and a message board, but let’s not act like this is some out of left field question.
I think the team came out flat, no question.

But starting in the middle of the 3rd they'd emerged from their funk and were playing quality football. This was right in the middle of all that (while they were playing quite well) and again, immediately after he'd made a play that required intense focus.

Trying to tie this particular moment into an overarching theme is why I say the question was a shitty one.

I don't think it's unfair to ask them about their overall focus (or lack thereof) in the early going of the game. But to make THIS a particular point of emphasis is a lousy question.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:28 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
To me, it looked like Tyreek's momentum from the somersault was already making his helmet start to come off so he took it off. It was a natural movement for him to take his helmet off and I didn't get a sense it was a look at me type thing although I've seen our players do that before.
That's exactly what happened. His helmet was already coming loose.
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:33 PM 09-21-2020
They should hand out the entire press conference to Herbie. He is the only guy who asks solid questions. Nate Taylor is good too.
[Reply]
eDave 12:33 PM 09-21-2020
Wow, that face after the answer. He was about to explode. He was pissed OFF.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:34 PM 09-21-2020
All teams have stinkers, championship teams find a way to win these games.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:34 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
This entire forum is full of idiots that really don't know shit, especially regarding whether or not the players had a "lack of focus and drive." I mean, ****, those are two distinct ideas that are unique to each player individually, yet, somehow, Chief Fan has intimate knowledge of the team's psyche collectively. It's ****ing amazing, really.
[Reply]
wazu 12:35 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's exactly what happened. His helmet was already coming loose.
Makes me wonder what the protocol is for refs on these plays. Did they give Tyreek the benefit of the doubt? Seems like a good policy to do so.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:35 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
This entire forum is full of idiots that really don't know shit, especially regarding whether or not the players had a "lack of focus and drive." I mean, ****, those are two distinct ideas that are unique to each player individually, yet, somehow, Chief Fan has intimate knowledge of the team's psyche collectively. It's ****ing amazing, really.
Yeah.

And then there's this one asshole that says "Chief Fan" a lot and assumes he's smarter than everyone because of it.

Lord you're a smug prick. Why are you even here?
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:37 PM 09-21-2020
I think the team came out flat, no question.

But starting in the middle of the 3rd they'd emerged from their funk and were playing quality football. This was right in the middle of all that (while they were playing quite well) and again, immediately after he'd made a play that required intense focus.

Trying to tie this particular moment into an overarching theme is why I say the question was a shitty one.

I don't think it's unfair to ask them about their overall focus (or lack thereof) in the early going of the game. But to make THIS a particular point of emphasis is a lousy question.
That’s fair.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:40 PM 09-21-2020
Yeah.

And then there's this one asshole that says "Chief Fan" a lot and assumes he's smarter than everyone because of it.

Lord you're a smug prick. Why are you even here?
I don't assume I'm smarter than anyone. I certainly don't assume to know what any particular player is thinking or feeling.

I love the Chiefs and discussion about them, including your commentary. I'm here for that reason.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:44 PM 09-21-2020
I don't understand why Hill's helmet is a big issue. I get that technically if a player takes off their helmet that's supposed to be a penalty, but seriously, when was the last time they called that in a game? I'm struggling to remember an exact incident in the last two years.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up