ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Reid's Press Conference - Calls out Soren Petro
Dante84 11:12 AM 09-21-2020
Never heard Andy drop the hammer on someone during a Press Conference like this. It wasn't over the top, but it was a zinger.

Soren asked a long two part question, the first part was asking about if we were over-confident/cocky and figured we had enough time to catch up at the end.

Andy chuckled and rolled his eyes a bit, and when Petro finished his long ass questions, Andy responded with something like:

"I'm still irritated about your question about Tyreek taking his helmet off yesterday, and expect more professional questions. As for your first question, again I expect you to ask better, more professional questions.

:-)

It's at the 4:30 mark, and enjoy the death glare when Reid finishes answering

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:36 AM 09-21-2020
I’m guessing Andy hasn’t slept much at all, but I don’t blame him for being upset there
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:37 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ha! That's funny - I was listening to the presser last night when Petro asked that question and he did kinda ask it in a shitty way.

It was like "Hey, when Hardman didn't touch the guy down and Hill took his helmet off, were those indications that the guys had their heads up their asses today?"

I was surprised that Reid didn't chirp at him for it last night - glad to see that he gave him a little cuff for it today. It was a pretty douchy implication from Petro.

Buddy - there were a lot of indications that the team came out flat yesterday. Calling out a guy taking his helmet off as particularly indicative of it was...well, like Reid said, it was just a silly question.
Adds a lot of context if Reid heard the question last night and professionally hand waived it away (Reid has a way of doing that without calling our the reporter but making it clear to them it was a dumb question) and got annoyed by Petro bringing it up again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:37 AM 09-21-2020
Holy shit - someone needs to GIF that shot from about the 5:55 through 6:05 mark as Taylor's asking his question when Reid looks like he's just spotted a particularly tasty cheeseburger.

That was a 'you're about to get hate-fucked, Alexandra Daddario' glare...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:38 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Adds a lot of context if Reid heard the question last night and professionally hand waived it away (Reid has a way of doing that without calling our the reporter but making it clear it was a dumb question) and got annoyed by Petro bringing it up again.
Yeah I think that's exactly what happened.

He gave Petro a pass last night. Just completely ignored the Hill half of the question and said "yeah, Hardman's a kid and he's learning. He'll learn from that and grow and I don't think it will happen again..."

So to have Petro circle back probably did piss him off a bit. Hadn't thought about that aspect of it.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:39 AM 09-21-2020
Body language by Andy tells me he was irritated as soon as they said Soren Petro.
[Reply]
wazu 11:39 AM 09-21-2020
Just listened to both press conferences. Soren's questions were practically softballs. How is it unprofessional to bring up Tyreek taking off his helmet as a mental miscue? Can't understand still being pissed about it the next day. Whatever. Andy can be grumpy and I still love the guy, but I don't think Soren has anything to apologize for here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:41 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Just listened to both press conferences. Soren's questions were practically softballs. How is it unprofessional to bring up Tyreek taking off his helmet as a mental miscue? Can't understand still being pissed about it the next day. Whatever. Andy can be grumpy and I still love the guy, but I don't think Soren has anything to apologize for here.
Tyreek Hill had just flagged down a 54 yard heave and summersaulted into the end-zone.

You think MAYBE his focus was just fine at that exact moment in time?

I think Petro hand-waiving an INCREDIBLE play in order to use the subsequent action to demonstrate a lack of focus from a dude that made a play few guys in this league make is pretty shitty, yes.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:42 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
How long have you worked at 810?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:44 AM 09-21-2020
You've got to make a lot of effort to piss Andy off. Dumb question. Andy might be especially salty because of the Watkins no call as he should be. Especially after a seahawk got ejected for pretty much the same hit vs Cam.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:46 AM 09-21-2020
Maybe I saw it differently but it looked like Tyreek’s helmet was knocked loose during the play and he removed it accordingly.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:46 AM 09-21-2020
Coach Reid sounds tired. They did lose 2 hours going back to central time zone.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:49 AM 09-21-2020
810 is 100% salty that the Chiefs moved over to 610 with their stuff the same way they were salty they let the Royals go right before they got good.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:56 AM 09-21-2020
Reminds me of this one

[Reply]
Third Eye 12:00 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Tyreek Hill had just flagged down a 54 yard heave and summersaulted into the end-zone.

You think MAYBE his focus was just fine at that exact moment in time?

I think Petro hand-waiving an INCREDIBLE play in order to use the subsequent action to demonstrate a lack of focus from a dude that made a play few guys in this league make is pretty shitty, yes.
And if the flag had been thrown? Good luck with the 2 point conversion. I don’t see anything wrong with the question at all.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:06 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Maybe I saw it differently but it looked like Tyreek’s helmet was knocked loose during the play and he removed it accordingly.
That’s also what Tyreek was essentially claiming. He was pretty adamant about it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up