ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why the hell wouldn’t the Chargers go for it on 4th down in OT?
PunkinDrublic 11:10 PM 09-20-2020
You’re doing better against the Chiefs than anybody thought you would especially with a backup QB. Nobody would fault you if you went for it and it didn’t work out. If I’m a Charger enthusiast, I’d be pissed. That was a gutless call.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:35 AM 09-21-2020

ESPN's win probability model did not have an issue with Anthony Lynn's decision to punt on 4th and 1 in overtime.

WP go = 0.444
WP punt = 0.445

— Seth Walder (@SethWalder) September 20, 2020

[Reply]
Simply Red 12:37 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The thing is that WAS the game. If you dont get it you lose. And thats the way it is. But when the Chiefs need 3 points and have likely 4 downs to do it there is nobody who is going to stop them most of the time. Your best chance is to be aggressive, hunt the TD and if shit happens it happens. Result oriented thinking is simple minded thinking.
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Winning is a result.

And the Ravens with Lamar are 0-2 in the playoffs while blindly following analytics, while the Chiefs are 4-1and Super Bowl Champions following a coach that isn't interested in analytics. I rest my case.

[Reply]
Rain Man 12:47 AM 09-21-2020
I guess one might note that the Chiefs punted on a majority of their drives to that point (5 of 9 drives). But then again they were 3 of 3 on their last 3 drives so they'd figured something out.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:59 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Winning is a result.

And the Ravens with Lamar are 0-2 in the playoffs while blindly following analytics, while the Chiefs are 4-1and Super Bowl Champions following a coach that isn't interested in analytics. I rest my case.
You’re an idiot.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-rep...on-of-football
[Reply]
JakeF 01:09 AM 09-21-2020
We made a mistake by not strengthening the interior of our Oline. Fucking Wylie for one, Reiter is meh.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 02:42 AM 09-21-2020
They pulled a muscle in their brains and did an "Andy Reid" play-not-to-lose decision...

Thank gawd we have Mahomes or Reid would still be doing that chit with us.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 06:12 AM 09-21-2020
They had a few short yardage situations earlier in the game and struggled to gain a yard. And the chiefs front was playing more stout there at that point. I thought Lynn should have gone for it but I think they would have been stopped.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:25 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
They pulled a muscle in their brains and did an "Andy Reid" play-not-to-lose decision...

Thank gawd we have Mahomes or Reid would still be doing that chit with us.
What a shit awful take.
[Reply]
2bikemike 06:37 AM 09-21-2020
I thought I heard a talking head say there was like a 1% difference in going for it and punting. I wish I could remember who said it. Maybe it was Romo.
[Reply]
HayWire 06:40 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
This right here. Either call was right. Either call was wrong. Depending on outcome.
This is the correct answer. I don't think there was a right or wrong call.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:06 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Probably the higher percentage call. Their defense was playing a lot better than their offense. If they don't convert on 4th down the game is over. It's not like it was crazy to punt.
This 100%. If you punt, you at least have a chance. It was the right call. As it was, it took a HOF performance by Buttkicker to get the W.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:09 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It would have been the right call if the Chiefs didn't have a dude with a cannon for a leg.
This
[Reply]
38yrsfan 07:19 AM 09-21-2020
Surprised everyone where we were watching the game. Happy though, didn't think we could hold them if they went for it. Chiefs had struggled most of the game against their defense so it was reasonable except for two things; Mahomes-mode was activated and Butker unveiled the latest tweaks to his bionic leg. I'd bet they go for it next time.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:28 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
This has been a lively debate over Twitter.

LAC decided to punt to KC from the LAC 34 on 4th & 1 with 7:57 remaining in OT while tied 20 to 20.

With a Surrender Index of 16.22, this punt ranks at the 99.5th percentile of cowardly punts of the 2020 season, and the 96th percentile of all punts since 2009.

— Surrender Index (@surrender_index) September 20, 2020

Chargers fans, by and large, have been pissed about it Chiefsplanet meltdown style (I’d be curious what Buck thought). On Reddit, Raiders & Broncos fans were unanimous that “you just can’t give the ball back to Mahomes, under any circumstances.” Still wild to see opposing fans talk about one of our players like that.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:34 AM 09-21-2020
They called Rivers and he said to punt.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up