ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The O-line
KC Hawks 05:56 PM 09-20-2020
Did they get wasted last night??? How many penalties did they have??? Oh well... MY FAVORITE TEAM WON!!
[Reply]
Fish 08:41 PM 09-20-2020
Yeah, OLine looked really off today. Even Osemele, who had an incredible game last week, was just off all night. Chargers have a tough front, but damn. They've gotta do better there.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:20 PM 09-20-2020
That said, the Charger D-Line is really, really good. And they looked like they wanted it way more badly than we did the first three quarters, to be completely honest. Take the win and get the hell out of L.A.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:20 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That was Mitchell Schwartz's worst game as a Chief, far and away.
They moved Bosa over to Schwartz's side instead of leaving him against Fisher. Schwartz didn't fair well against him.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:48 AM 09-21-2020

Most pressures allowed through W2:
1. Texans - 57
2. Giants - 56
3. Bengals - 52
4. Broncos - 46
5. Chiefs - 42 pic.twitter.com/r8exlMxqSe

— PFF (@PFF) September 21, 2020

Probably needs to be mentioned that all those teams are 0-2 while the Chiefs are 2-0. Mahomes doesn't care.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 AM 09-21-2020
Were 40 of those on Sunday?

Because the Texans didn't do much at all.

It's just incredible how bad they were yesterday. Across the board.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

The Chiefs were leading the league in pressures and pressure percentage after week 1 I believe. I'll go look it up.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:03 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No offense guys, but none of you have any idea how bad the air quality is in Los Angeles, which is absolutely ****ing awful.

It should come as no surprise that the Chiefs big guys would struggle because unlike the Chargers who have been practicing with shitty air quality, the Chiefs did not have enough time to acclimate.

I haven't been able to open my windows in nearly a month and I've gone through TWO air filters in the past 4 weeks.
Honestly, that’s really good insight.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:06 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Give them credit: Ingram and Bosa are an elite pass rush duo and Tillery has looked very good since the end of last season. That’s a damn good front.

The bigger surprise to me was the DL. I get Clark was sick, but the Chargers lost their starting C Pouncey and RT Bulaga and we still couldn’t get pressure?

That’s...well that’s just not good
[Reply]
TRR 10:15 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That was Mitchell Schwartz's worst game as a Chief, far and away.
Schwartz’s first two games have been very rocky with the Chargers game being the worst of the two. I don’t know if he’s having trouble anticipating Mahomes drops, or Mahomes is going off script? Mitch is a tactical player first and foremost, likes to use leverage and angles. It hasn’t worked out for him in either game, granted he’s had really tough matchups the past two weeks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
Schwartz’s first two games have been very rocky with the Chargers game being the worst of the two. I don’t know if he’s having trouble anticipating Mahomes drops, or Mahomes is going off script? Mitch is a tactical player first and foremost, likes to use leverage and angles. It hasn’t worked out for him in either game, granted he’s had really tough matchups the past two weeks.
In the first half, Mahomes was doing a pretty poor job of stepping up. That will absolutely hurt a technician like Schwartz more than guys who rely on brute force to keep the pocket clean.

Schwartz will gladly let someone's momentum take 'em out of the play and just give 'em a little shove to help facilitate it, but if Mahomes won't step forward, Schwartz can't do that.

Now the interior line was pretty average as well yesterday so maybe Pat just lacked the confidence, but he clearly wasn't stepping forward in response to pressure from the edges.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:22 AM 09-21-2020
What kind of pass rush do the Ravens have?

I was surprised at how effective Bosa was against Schwartz.

Time to draft some fatties!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:24 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Give them credit: Ingram and Bosa are an elite pass rush duo and Tillery has looked very good since the end of last season. That’s a damn good front.

The bigger surprise to me was the DL. I get Clark was sick, but the Chargers lost their starting C Pouncey and RT Bulaga and we still couldn’t get pressure?

That’s...well that’s just not good
I'm writing this game off as an aberration.

Not only were the Chiefs not prepared for Justin Herbert, Frank Clark, Mike Pennel and Khalen Saunders were all unavailable, so the Chargers smartly attacked the Chiefs running defense. And with Ward unavailable in the secondary and Juan Thornhill clearly not 100%, it was impressive to hold the Chargers, in their new stadium debut, to only 20 points.

Herbert is a big, powerful guy with a great arm and sneaky mobility. There's no doubt that defending him will be a challenge in the coming years but I think the Chiefs will do much better when they have their full compliment of defensive starters available.

Lately, there have been several people here on CP that aren't happy with just a victory and somehow have conflated college football with NFL in terms of scoring, which is utterly asinine. NFL teams are so evenly talented that it usually comes down to one or two plays that make the difference in the outcome and there's absolutely no shame in beating a tough divisional rival by 3 points in their stadium.

I think some of the expectations here have become way out of whack. A win is a win.

Time to move on to Baltimore.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:27 AM 09-21-2020
The Chiefs offensive line had issues in the Houston game as well... especially Schwartz.
[Reply]
Funkstown 11:45 AM 09-21-2020
Give the O Line some time, they get better with time.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:49 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm writing this game off as an aberration.

Not only were the Chiefs not prepared for Justin Herbert, Frank Clark, Mike Pennel and Khalen Saunders were all unavailable, so the Chargers smartly attacked the Chiefs running defense. And with Ward unavailable in the secondary and Juan Thornhill clearly not 100%, it was impressive to hold the Chargers, in their new stadium debut, to only 20 points.

Herbert is a big, powerful guy with a great arm and sneaky mobility. There's no doubt that defending him will be a challenge in the coming years but I think the Chiefs will do much better when they have their full compliment of defensive starters available.

Lately, there have been several people here on CP that aren't happy with just a victory and somehow have conflated college football with NFL in terms of scoring, which is utterly asinine. NFL teams are so evenly talented that it usually comes down to one or two plays that make the difference in the outcome and there's absolutely no shame in beating a tough divisional rival by 3 points in their stadium.

I think some of the expectations here have become way out of whack. A win is a win.

Time to move on to Baltimore.
That was my exact point yesterday. The Chief held the Chargers to 20 points, and Chief Fan was whining about the defense the entire game. Yes, our linebackers suck. No, holding the Chargers to 20 isn't bad at all.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up