ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 57
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:37 AM 09-21-2020
The best way to negate their running game is for our offense to come out crisp and put points up early.

I welcome a shootout. Let’s see if a running game can match up with our passing offense in a high scoring game. I’m fine with this looking like the 2003 Colts vs Chiefs
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:43 AM 09-21-2020

After winning in Houston, Ravens won't have to play outside eastern time zone the rest of the regular season.

Ravens won't have to board another flight until Nov. 8 game at Indy.

Over next 6 weeks, Baltimore plays 3 home games, travels to Philly and Washington, and has a bye.

— Jamison Hensley (@jamisonhensley) September 21, 2020

[Reply]
DRM08 07:43 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
The added importance this year of having the 1 seed makes this game feel like almost a playoff game in September.
Every game is important with the new playoff setup. Baltimore is a powerhouse with an easier schedule than KC. I don’t see the Ravens losing more than 2-3 games in the regular season.

Chiefs will need to be a lot sharper moving forward if they want to be the #1 seed. 3 of their next 4 games are against teams that are very capable of winning the conference. Gotta play a hell of a lot better than yesterday or it will be 3 quick losses.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:45 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Every game is important with the new playoff setup. Baltimore is a powerhouse with an easier schedule than KC. I don’t see the Ravens losing more than 2-3 games in the regular season.

Chiefs will need to be a lot sharper moving forward if they want to be the #1 seed. 3 of their next 4 games are against teams that are very capable of winning the conference. Gotta play a hell of a lot better than yesterday or it will be 3 quick losses.
You’re right on all points but I disagree on Buffalo.

The AFC is officially a three horse race IMHO. And New England really doesn’t have the weapons I doubt either.

That bye is critical...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:59 AM 09-21-2020
If the Chiefs beat Baltimore, they can probably finish 13-3 and still get the bye.

If the Chiefs lose to Baltimore, they probably have to win out to get the bye.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:09 AM 09-21-2020
This is obviously the most likely loss on the schedule for us.

Cam Newton isn’t winning a shootout with Mahomes. Russell Wilson cooked their defense, and we have better weapons.

We just won the most difficult divisional game on our schedule. I’m assuming 6-0 in the Division.

Jets, Panthers, @ Dolphins, and Falcons should all be wins.

That leaves @ Buf, @ TB, and @ NO. We’re better than all 3. Significantly better at QB especially.

Win on Monday and I bet we go at least 13-3.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:27 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
KC needs to play a crisper 1st half, no doubt.

And as good as Humphrey and Peters are (extremely good, elite pairing), their third CB situation is much, much worse than the Chargers'.

With their slot CB blowing out his knee yesterday, the Ravens will be down to either playing a pretty bad player on the slot, or flipping Humphrey onto the slot and using Jimmy Smith at outside CB. Either option makes them worse overall at CB and worse at S, where Smith had been getting some reps.

It's a much, much different defensive matchup to face than the Chargers.

Judon is good. He's no Joey Bosa. Calais Campbell is good, but he isn't what he once was (and honestly I'm not sure he is better at this point than Jerry Tillery, who was the THIRD-BEST guy on the Chargers' DL yesterday).

It's an incredibly tough matchup, but I'm more concerned with slowing down the Ravens' running game (which seems impossible if Ben Niemann is on the field in base 43 sets) than with being able to move it offensively.
That’s why it’s going to be critical for the Chiefs offense to start fast. Baltimore is night and day different when they are playing from behind vs playing with a lead.
[Reply]
wazu 08:28 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If the Chiefs beat Baltimore, they can probably finish 13-3 and still get the bye.

If the Chiefs lose to Baltimore, they probably have to win out to get the bye.
Pretty much how I see it. Baltimore's schedule is really soft. Maybe they lose one to Pittsburgh, and another to either the Patriots or Titans, but that's about it. No other winning teams on their schedule. Best guess is they'll either be 14-2 and own the tie-breaker with us, or be 13-3 and we own it.

Need a Reid masterpiece next Monday.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:23 AM 09-21-2020
Yes I know the whole comeback thing has worked well for the Chiefs going back to last season, but it would be nice to jump out to a fast start and seize control of the game early for a change.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 AM 09-21-2020
There's almost zero chance Baltimore goes 14-2 again, even if they beat the Chiefs. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen in the modern NFL.

The Chargers defense is better than the Ravens at pretty much every level. Their front is much tougher than the Ravens.

If the Chiefs get up early, it looks like last year's game. If they start slow, it looks more like the game from 2 years ago.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:36 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hope Sammy can go.

We will beat their ass!!!!
This is encouraging from Sammy...

Doing well we all know football is a physical sport and we all are playing pretty fast things happen pretty quickly just happy I came out healthy on the next we will not be denied..! Great team win..! #LIMITLESS14 #SOLAR14

— King me (@sammywatkins) September 21, 2020

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:40 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This is encouraging from Sammy...

Hell yeah!
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 09-21-2020
Ravens seem to have that "chip on their shoulder" kinda thing the Chiefs did last year.

Chiefs will have to play well or they'll get boat raced.
[Reply]
kayjay 09:41 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
and woo wee we need that extra day bud.
i know we have a running back now. but we need to do what we do best. passing more to our reiever. look what happened with sd.we started to pass late in the game. reid cannt be so conservitive. do what we do the best pass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:42 AM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by kayjay:
i know we have a running back now. but we need to do what we do best. passing more to our reiever. look what happened with sd.we started to pass late in the game. reid cannt be so conservitive. do what we do the best pass.
Being conservative early is what opened up those passes. In case you didn't notice, the Chargers were getting pressure on nearly every down only rushing four. Going air raid against that is just asking for trouble.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 57
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up