ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Need recommendations on Fish
Chief Roundup 11:35 AM 09-19-2020
So I need some recommendations from those who eat fish regularly.
I am not a fish eater. If fish has a strong pungent smell I can't get it past the nose. I do like Tuna fish sandwiches though.
I don't really eat seafood either. It is expensive to just try and then possibly, probably with me, throw it away because I couldn't get past the smell or texture.
The only time I have ever enjoyed Shrimp was taking them straight from the skillet where they were being cooked in butter. Once they were just a little cooler the texture changed, rubberish, and I could not eat them.
I also need to know what is the best spices to use for cooking fish.
Yes I got my blood work back and my LDL is still to damn high.
[Reply]
sedated 09:50 AM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:02 AM 09-20-2020
:-)
[Reply]
Coach 10:19 AM 09-20-2020
I was going to mention you, since your user name was exactly the same, but at the same time, I didn't want to spoil whatever you may had cooking up.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:48 AM 09-20-2020
Another option for you could be certain light seafood soups. Off the top my head cioppino comes to mind. And if I were you, the first time I had it, I probably either have it in a restaurant or order it from somewhere like McKenzies limited. That way you know what it was really supposed to taste like.

Just a thought.
[Reply]
eDave 10:54 AM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Another option for you could be certain light seafood soups. Off the top my head cioppino comes to mind. And if I were you, the first time I had it, I probably either have it in a restaurant or order it from somewhere like McKenzies limited. That way you know what it was really supposed to taste like.

Just a thought.
Getting into Clam Chowder season too. Love that stuff (New England, not Manhattan).
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:00 AM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Getting into Clam Chowder season too. Love that stuff (New England, not Manhattan).
Chowder is gross.
[Reply]
eDave 11:03 AM 09-20-2020
Your gross.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:03 AM 09-20-2020
I recommend...

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:32 AM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Just a thought.
One thing about Cioppino is the mussels, based on your dislike for fishy smells and tastes, I'd probably skip the mussels when making it. you're probably really looking for something like this:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/259...ian-fish-stew/

Or this:

https://wildalaskancompany.com/blog/...iAAEgJVVvD_BwE

Okay, that's it for now. Gotta watch football now or lose my man card.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:50 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Your gross.
I don't own gross.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:14 PM 09-21-2020
Ok so tonight I went to the Krogers and found some wild caught Cod. There were 2 nice "steaks" in the package. They were about an inch thick and 5 inches long. I made them and they were eatable, but I over spiced them.
I put too much garlic and too much Tony's on them. Easy enough to adjust going forward. My grandson, 11 year old finicky eater, and I both ate them though. I made grilled asparagus and red skinned mashed potatoes with the Cod.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:28 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Ok so tonight I went to the Krogers and found some wild caught Cod. There were 2 nice "steaks" in the package. They were about an inch thick and 5 inches long. I made them and they were eatable, but I over spiced them.
I put too much garlic and too much Tony's on them. Easy enough to adjust going forward. My grandson, 11 year old finicky eater, and I both ate them though. I made grilled asparagus and red skinned mashed potatoes with the Cod.
Congrats. It's easy to over-salt fish, saltwater fish in particular. Try buying a salt-free seasoning and adding just a little salt to rub on the fish.

Or try mixing your seasoning with a couple tablespoons of flour or cornstarch before putting on the fish until you get the hang of how much seasoning to put on your fish.
[Reply]
scho63 04:04 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You're on your way to eating fish! Congrats......:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up