ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 438 of 3903
« First < 338388428434435436437438 4394404414424484885389381438 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:03 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
You must be KC Missouri, as local news in Wichita states only 11 verified Cases in Johnson County?
I’m in Florida. I’m talking to my friends who are Respiratory Therapists in KC.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:06 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Don't say something like this unless you got a live feed to back it up. Otherwise it's just cruel.
Feel like they missed a large PPV opportunity. Same with Puppy Bowl, can we get the regular season televised now?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:06 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
Don't forget about the registrar's that have first contact with every patient. It's getting very stressful.
yep, without a triage in the parking lot, anyone walks into an ER that’s positive, possibly infects everyone from the person checking them in, works on the insurance, janitors etc. etc.
[Reply]
srvy 07:13 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Ya Chicago aquarium shut down to public and open it up to the penguins to tour. Not sure about a live feed though.
Yeah I saw it on The Five assumed it was a youtube live feed.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:15 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Christ Almighty....Coronavirus scared all the good looking college kids away from spring break, leaving nothing but the ugliest to roam the beach.

I'm glad I'm not in my 20's again.
Way BITD, when I was in my 20s, all the college kids including the spring breakers looked better.

:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:15 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
remember, we have no testing. how many have been infected. Without testing, they are planning blind. they are just planning right now. That’s what hospitals do. Try to imagine worst case scenerio and then plan for that. The ICU’s in 3 hospitals are already full with “normal” health issues.
I was wondering how close to capacity they were to begin with. The lack of context made it sound like it was getting bad, but obviously with no testing, you have no idea if or when it'll happen.

My parents (who live in KC) are over 60 and aren't taking it all that seriously, so when I read "KC is preparing to be out of ICU beds with everyone on a vent by the weekend", you can imagine that's a bit worrisome.
[Reply]
eDave 07:16 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Way BITD, when I was in my 20s, all the college kids including the spring breakers looked better.

:-)
Come to AZ. You won't believe it.
[Reply]
Donger 07:20 PM 03-18-2020
Interesting stat, which is probably an outlier and I'm suspect of the data per our own growth, but global new cases increased by only a thousand since yesterday. Previous day was ~16,000
[Reply]
Donger 07:20 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Come to AZ. You won't believe it.
I was in Tempe a few years ago, on Tempe Butte. Mother of God...
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:24 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Spring breakers don’t care about no virus

Lol. Young idiots. I was one of them so I'm not trying to sound like an old man judging.

Unfortunately, some of them will learn the hard way this virus isn't a joke.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:24 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I was wondering how close to capacity they were to begin with. The lack of context made it sound like it was getting bad, but obviously with no testing, you have no idea if or when it'll happen.

My parents (who live in KC) are over 60 and aren't taking it all that seriously, so when I read "KC is preparing to be out of ICU beds with everyone on a vent by the weekend", you can imagine that's a bit worrisome.
no, I wasn’t saying they are expecting full capacity due to coronavirus patients filling the hospital but just full capacity. And no one gets an ICU bed without being on a ventilator in at least one hospital. Hospitals are busy this time of the year just with the “normal” flu. A lot of people with COPD catch a bug and it pushes them Over the edge and they are on a vent for a week.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:25 PM 03-18-2020
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...mpression=true
[Reply]
eDave 07:25 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I was in Tempe a few years ago, on Tempe Butte. Mother of God...
While the rest of the world has Hooters and Tilted Kilt, we have ASU.
[Reply]
srvy 07:27 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Don't say something like this unless you got a live feed to back it up. Otherwise it's just cruel.
Its the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago and guess it was just a news piece I thought wrong on a live feed.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:34 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lol. Young idiots. I was one of them so I'm not trying to sound like an old man judging.

Unfortunately, some of them will learn the hard way this virus isn't a joke.
Sounds like Pete
[Reply]
Page 438 of 3903
« First < 338388428434435436437438 4394404414424484885389381438 > Last »
Up