ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2044 of 3903
« First < 1044154419441994203420402041204220432044 204520462047204820542094214425443044 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 07:27 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That's odd both KC and Jackson county were on an unreleased list as potential hot spots. It's almost like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Now if the president or whatever right meme talk show host you follow said MO was a hotspot by god you would be on here saying MO is a hotspot
If we could go back to at least pretending this isn't DC, that would be cool, thx.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:28 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yup CNN just got busted yesterday for manipulating information from a poll on Covid stating that 68% of Americans wouldn't go back to normal activity until there was vaccine but that's not motley what the poll data said. The data said 68% of Americans thought a vaccine was important.

So assuming this is accurate one has to ask “why?” But this is one example of why people are all over the place in their responses to this whole thing. People feel manipulated and rightfully so. The goal of this would be to what? Keep people who might consider going back to normal refraining from doing so if they are led to believe they are in the minority in doing so. It’s all about controlling people to their desires and how can you not see this and think this network wants to prolong shutdowns and a failing economy?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:30 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Gov Cuomo is saying on CNN that now 13 states and 5 other countries are seeing cases with kids with the inflammatory disease related to Covid. Lucky we got a couple of months before school opens so we can see if they can figure something out.
Here's a good breakdown on the disease and Kawasaki Syndrome
https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/86393
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:35 PM 05-13-2020
Minnesota loosening up a little

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:36 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So assuming this is accurate one has to ask “why?” But this is one example of why people are all over the place in their responses to this whole thing. People feel manipulated and rightfully so. The goal of this would be to what? Keep people who might consider going back to normal refraining from doing so if they are led to believe they are in the minority in doing so. It’s all about controlling people to their desires and how can you not see this and think this network wants to prolong shutdowns and a failing economy?
I don't know if it so much that as it is just ratings. The scarier things are the more people watch the news. The media has always thrived on tragedy the most and they will overhype it until the cow is milked dry.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:41 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah this is the one that is kind of strange. It doesn't appear to be effecting a ton of kids but the ones it is hitting it is really doing a number. And wtf did thi just come from? I know they say it's related to Covid but are they really sure about that or is it just a guess at this point?
Here's a good breakdown on the disease and Kawasaki Syndrome
https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/86393

Thanks. This is scary since it seems to take awhile to show up or it presents itself in alot of different ways.

Honestly we probably know less than 1% of what this virus does and we don't have any kind of handle on it.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:43 PM 05-13-2020
Gov Cuomo is saying on CNN that now 13 states and 5 other countries are seeing cases with kids with the inflammatory disease related to Covid. Lucky we got a couple of months before school opens so we can see if they can figure something out.
Interesting comment from the article I linked....

Originally Posted by :
My 17 year old son was diagnosed and treated for Kawasaki April 3rd. EXTREMELY RARE for a 17 year old to have Kawasaki. As I am reading and seeing these cases popping up I hear very little if anything about the Imumuneglobulin IV IG treatment. In short, his pediatrician had identified the symptoms early on. After all blood work had come back negative to everything including COVID19, everyone was in agreement to start him on the IV IG treatment. Given his age, he was given 3 doses over 3 nights. He immediately recovered. It is my understanding that Kawasaki lays dormant and very rare to rear its ugly head. It is supposedly triggered by infection. It seems logical that due to COVID being so highly transmissible, and children being asymptomatic or minimal symptoms this could be triggering Kawasaki.

[Reply]
petegz28 07:44 PM 05-13-2020
Thanks. This is scary since it seems to take awhile to show up or it presents itself in alot of different ways.

Honestly we probably know less than 1% of what this virus does and we don't have any kind of handle on it.
Actually while this is scary I think we know more about it than we think. Read the comment I just posted for you about the lady who had a 17 yr old that had this. The disease is not new though rare.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:47 PM 05-13-2020
Actually while this is scary I think we know more about it than we think. Read the comment I just posted for you about the lady who had a 17 yr old that had this. The disease is not new though rare.
There is also that multi system inflammatory syndrome popping up in some kids.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:52 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
There is also that multi system inflammatory syndrome popping up in some kids.
Important note...

Originally Posted by :
Despite being rare, there are reports of some children getting sick – whether from COVID-19 or from other causes, including PIMS. Some of these children reported to have this condition have tested positive for COVID-19, while others have not.
https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...condition.aspx

I think we need to be careful saying this is Covid related. It just seems we are getting rather liberal in the way we are blaming Covid for everything. The nurse this weekend told my Wife they were "not allowed to test for the flu anymore".

As the linked article states, some of the kids with the inflammatory disease have Covid and some do not. So yes, we need to be concerned but we also need to be accurate.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:57 PM 05-13-2020
Important note...

https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...condition.aspx

I think we need to be careful saying this is Covid related. It just seems we are getting rather liberal in the way we are blaming Covid for everything. The nurse this weekend told my Wife they were "not allowed to test for the flu anymore".

As the linked article states, some of the kids with the inflammatory disease have Covid and some do not. So yes, we need to be concerned but we also need to be accurate.
We are also using false negatives to argue some points and not for others , but i am aware it might not related, but when we get a new jump in certain conditions and the only new factor in the equation is a pandemic it is hard to brush it off as just bad luck
[Reply]
petegz28 08:02 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
We are also using false negatives to argue some points and not for others , but i am aware it might not related, but when we get a new jump in certain conditions and the only new factor in the equation is a pandemic it is hard to brush it off as just bad luck
the article I linked does state there are under-reported cases so...I just know they said some of kids with this have Covid and some don't. We can't just start saying those that don't really do. We are already doing that with all the other Covid cases to the point that I even joked about it earlier that if you test negative then it has to be a false negative.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:04 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That's odd both KC and Jackson county were on an unreleased list as potential hot spots. It's almost like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Now if the president or whatever right meme talk show host you follow said MO was a hotspot by god you would be on here saying MO is a hotspot
I would assume that KC/Jackson County are on said list because a large number of folks that tested positive at the Triumph meat packing plant reside in KC or Jackson County. That's quite a big jump in local numbers solely from that plant.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:13 PM 05-13-2020
I read it and thank you. It seems just like adults, covid is messing with our bodies in so many different ways that we just don't know yet. Dr. Gupta was talking tonight that he has been communicating with his sources in Asia and they aren't seeing this. So this is just appearing in Europe and the US so why? Genetics, different strain...? We just don't know. He was talking about interviewing a family tonight that their 12 year old daughter had 2 massive heart attacks related to this.

So far the numbers are low and listen I am not try to fear monger or scare anybody but I am concerned that if schools reopen what will happen to our children if they get covid because most of them have been quarantined with their parents.

Also in thinking about it this inflammatory response may not be to far different than what we have seen in adults. We know adults that have gotten covid have had heart attacks, strokes and blood clots that killed them.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:21 PM 05-13-2020

[Reply]
Page 2044 of 3903
« First < 1044154419441994203420402041204220432044 204520462047204820542094214425443044 > Last »
Up