ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2027 of 3903
« First < 1027152719271977201720232024202520262027 202820292030203120372077212725273027 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiTown 09:21 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We now live in a world where people will debate what the "facts" are. It makes it difficult to have a reasonable conversation when there's not a common foundation of what sources of knowledge are allowed.
There'll always be a counter to someone's "findings" (facts). Again, that's natural based on the origins of someone's POV. I'm just trying my best to absorb as much info as possible, knowing I have absolutely no expertise in this field, and make the best choices I can for myself and my Family.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:24 AM 05-13-2020
We now live in a world where people will debate what the "facts" are. It makes it difficult to have a reasonable conversation when there's not a common foundation of what sources of knowledge are allowed.
We now live in a world where facts are frequently subject to change, so it's natural that they're approached with skepticism.

We also live in a world where opinion is frequently touted as fact, and studies and stats can be presented in ways to favor a particular narrative.
[Reply]
el borracho 09:25 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Assholes and stupid people.
Nice.

Would you characterize the 10 million people in Sweden as more the first or the second category?
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:34 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Provide additional supporting research that counters this study and touts the benefit of wearing non-medical/non-/N95 masks.
I am sure there is but you can look at the Asian countries that have successfully handled the virus and alot of it is due to massive mask usage.

I think having mandatory mask usage would be a great compromise to get the country to start re-opening.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:35 AM 05-13-2020
Hey if you're bored you can have the day I've had for the last 24 hours, gas company at my house, gas being turned off and on, eventually turning it off at the meter, realizing a couple of my joins to my water heater and furnace are leaking gas fixing those then find out a valve is leaking so having to turn it off again...

So hey that will all go a long way to giving you something to do.
[Reply]
Donger 09:36 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hey if you're bored you can have the day I've had for the last 24 hours, gas company at my house, gas being turned off and on, eventually turning it off at the meter, realizing a couple of my joins to my water heater and furnace are leaking gas fixing those then find out a valve is leaking so having to turn it off again...

So hey that will all go a long way to giving you something to do.
Just wear a mask. You'll be fine.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:37 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We now live in a world where facts are frequently subject to change, so it's natural that they're approached with skepticism.

We also live in a world where opinion is frequently touted as fact, and studies and stats can be presented in ways to favor a particular narrative.
Not everyone can process the same info with the same effectiveness, I would trust Hamas’s understanding the results of a drug trial over myself for example the difference compared to some others is I know my limitations and don’t consider myself in a position to question him on it . I know when I am out of my element , some know( or should know) and yet still refuse to acknowledge it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:46 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I consider saying "I don't know" as a sign of intelligence.
Admitting you don't know something is a sign of intelligence I suppose, but it seems like we are confusing a lot of things we don't truly know with "facts".

Every single article and study on this uses a lot of words like "potentially" and "possibly".

So yea saying you don't know says a lot.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:51 AM 05-13-2020
This study came out a few days ago. So let's all fucking wear masks and get back to work some what. You aren't losing any freedoms by wearing a mask in public.
Originally Posted by :

Based on research and scientific models from UC Berkley’s International Computer Science Institute and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, wearing masks can cut the incidence of cases by as much as 80%.

I felt like this was pretty urgent,” said De Kai, who was born in St. Louis, and is the son of immigrants from China. “I saw the country where I grew up, where my family lives [now mostly in the Bay Area], about to face this pandemic without knowing much about something as simple as wearing a mask to protect themselves and others.”

In part, this comes from a cultural difference between East Asia, where masks have been routinely worn for decades to fend off pollution and germs, and other parts of the world. This includes the U.S., where people are unaccustomed to wearing masks, and, in the past, have sometimes been insensitive, even stigmatizing East Asians, many of whom had chosen to wear them in public prior to the pandemic, and had continued the practice in the aftermath of the SARS and MERS outbreaks. (In part, this habit was meant to show other people that they were concerned about transmitting the disease—something we in the West would do well to emulate.)

[Reply]
petegz28 09:52 AM 05-13-2020
Are you saying the guidelines don't matter anymore?
the guidelines are just that.....
[Reply]
Monticore 09:55 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Admitting you don't know something is a sign of intelligence I suppose, but it seems like we are confusing a lot of things we don't truly know with "facts".

Every single article and study on this uses a lot of words like "potentially" and "possibly".

So yea saying you don't know says a lot.
That is how the medical field works because nothing is 100% , the human body and pathology is hard to predict and it isn't always black or white, read an ultrasound report, even if the Radiologist knows for sure it is a cancer, it will most likely say "suspicious for cancer" . Just because they deal in vagueness doesn't mean they are incompetent.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:00 AM 05-13-2020

Former acting CDC director Richard Besser, former HHS secretary Kathleen Sebelius and activist Greta Thunberg join @AndersonCooper & @DrSanjayGupta for a live #CNNTownHall. Coronavirus - Facts and Fears, Thursday at 8 p.m. ET pic.twitter.com/I4FrXgwaL6

— CNN (@CNN) May 13, 2020

[Reply]
ChiTown 10:03 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:

Well, at the very least, you could play the "one of these things is not like the other" game.........
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:20 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Well, at the very least, you could play the "one of these things is not like the other" game.........
It's honestly disgusting.....Exploiting a child like this is just wow....
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:27 AM 05-13-2020
WTF is CNN doing
[Reply]
Page 2027 of 3903
« First < 1027152719271977201720232024202520262027 202820292030203120372077212725273027 > Last »
Up