ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1989 of 3062
« First < 989148918891939197919851986198719881989 199019911992199319992039208924892989 > Last »
The Dumbass Lounge>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 01:32 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It was always mostly about minimizing infections and therefore deaths. Not overrunning the hospitals was just part of that.
No, this is revisionist history at it’s finest.

As long as hospitals aren’t overrun, the mortality rate doesn’t justify a shut down everywhere for months on end.
[Reply]
Donger 01:34 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Wrong. It was about slowing then rate so the hospitals didn't get bombarded. Slowing and reducing are not the same thing though reduction was a hoped for byproduct. Nonetheless it was not the goal.
No, it's not wrong. You don't go to the hospital, or die, from COVID-19 if you aren't infected. It all starts with that.

We've been through this.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:34 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, this is revisionist history at itís finest.

As long as hospitals arenít overrun, the mortality rate doesnít justify a shit down everywhere for months on end.
Man if you're having a months long shitdown you need a doctor for other reasons.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:35 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, it's not wrong. You don't go to the hospital, or die, from COVID-19 if you aren't infected. It all starts with that.

We've been through this.
Donger, the entire reason initially for the lock down was to prevent a run on the hospitals. End of story.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:35 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Man if you're having a months long shitdown you need a doctor for other reasons.
I already edited that :-)
[Reply]
Donger 01:36 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, this is revisionist history at itís finest.

As long as hospitals arenít overrun, the mortality rate doesnít justify a shut down everywhere for months on end.
There's no revision. The federal guidelines were issued when the models showed between 1 and 2.2 million deaths without mitigation. 100,000 to 240,000 with mitigation.

That was the justification.
[Reply]
Donger 01:37 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Donger, the entire reason initially for the lock down was to prevent a run on the hospitals. End of story.
No, it wasn't. See above. Was making sure that that didn't happen part of the justification? Yes.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:37 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, it's not wrong. You don't go to the hospital, or die, from COVID-19 if you aren't infected. It all starts with that.

We've been through this.

Important to remember that #Covid-19 epidemic control measures may only delay cases, not prevent. However, this helps limit surge and gives hospitals time to prepare and manage. It's the difference between finding an ICU bed & ventilator or being treated in the parking lot tent. pic.twitter.com/VOyfBcLMus

— Drew A. Harris, DPM, MPH (@drewaharris) February 28, 2020

[Reply]
petegz28 01:38 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, it wasn't. See above. Was making sure that that didn't happen part of the justification? Yes.
Again... you are wrong


Important to remember that #Covid-19 epidemic control measures may only delay cases, not prevent. However, this helps limit surge and gives hospitals time to prepare and manage. It's the difference between finding an ICU bed & ventilator or being treated in the parking lot tent. pic.twitter.com/VOyfBcLMus

— Drew A. Harris, DPM, MPH (@drewaharris) February 28, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 01:38 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Do I need to post the numbers without mitigation and with again?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:38 PM 05-11-2020
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...worried-about/

This is the coronavirus math that has experts so worried: Running out of ventilators, hospital beds
[Reply]
staylor26 01:38 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
There's no revision. The federal guidelines were issued when the models showed between 1 and 2.2 million deaths without mitigation. 100,000 to 240,000 with mitigation.

That was the justification.
Not the universal one that I was seeing everywhere.

People have posted links proving it, do you have any that disprove it?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:39 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do I need to post the numbers without mitigation and with again?
you can post whatever you want but you are flat out wrong about the primary goal of the shut down. It was to protect the hospitals. Sorry if you don't agree but that's your problem.
[Reply]
Donger 01:39 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Again... you are wrong


Sure, I could pull up the briefing where a certain person went on about number of deaths, and that's why the guidelines were introduced.

But, do I really need to do that?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:40 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not the universal one that I was seeing.
I'm done arguing with him about it. He's about to go on one of his what is "is" rants.
[Reply]
Page 1989 of 3062
« First < 989148918891939197919851986198719881989 199019911992199319992039208924892989 > Last »
Up