ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1530 of 3903
« First < 530103014301480152015261527152815291530 153115321533153415401580163020302530 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It's also naive to simply think "most will just bounce back"...

You are just plain oversimplifying the situation.
He's seemingly doing with the economic situation what some here did the with the viral situation.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:05 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's seemingly doing with the economic situation what some here did the with the viral situation.
Fair enough point
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:05 AM 04-20-2020
Yeah, that ain't ****ing happening here anyway. Barring numbers spiking you would have an all out revolt on your hands.
I imagine May 3rd most of Missouri is done with SIP with some restrictions staying in place as far as restaurants capacities etc..
[Reply]
petegz28 09:07 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I imagine May 3rd most of Missouri is done with SIP with some restrictions staying in place as far as restaurants capacities etc..
KC has May 15th which will last about 2 minutes if the surrounding areas do May 3rd.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 04-20-2020
I just don't see how you can keep it going that long. People get exhausted with it and the economic situation could get extremely dire for some.

Some times you've gotta make the best of bad decisions.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:09 AM 04-20-2020
KC has May 15th which will last about 2 minutes if the surrounding areas do May 3rd.
Each time I've gone out to get a carry out order or grab some beer, I've seen ever increasing amounts of people milling about in accordance with the nice weather.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:09 AM 04-20-2020
JoCo said they will announce next week what they intend to do. That's putting businesses in a bad spot. I understand the reluctance to commit one way or the other but this os cutting it close.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:10 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Each time I've gone out to get a carry out order or grab some beer, I've seen ever increasing amounts of people milling about in accordance with the nice weather.
If everywhere BUT KC goes May 3rd then all the businesses in KC are going to absolutely go ape shit when everyone is going to OP, Belton, Lee's Summit, etc. because the KC Mayor doesn't want to open up and all those businesses are watching local people go elsewhere.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:12 AM 04-20-2020
I just don't see how you can keep it going that long. People get exhausted with it and the economic situation could get extremely dire for some.

Some times you've gotta make the best of bad decisions.
The problem is the goal posts are seeming to move. First it was SIP to flatten the curve to prevent the hospitals from being overrun. Then as we see most of the country is not getting their hospitals overrun it is moving towards, well, we are afraid of a 2nd wave which is tantamount to SIP until the virus is gone.
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 04-20-2020
The problem is the goal posts are seeming to move. First it was SIP to flatten the curve to prevent the hospitals from being overrun. Then as we see most of the country is not getting their hospitals overrun it is moving towards, well, we are afraid of a 2nd wave which is tantamount to SIP until the virus is gone.
So because it would theoretically be working, it's time to what?

If we were doing this and the hospitals were being overrun, would that make everyone feel better doing this? I don't understand that thinking.

The problem I see is that it just wasn't communicated well or people just didn't take the time to realize what "flatten the curve" meant. You're stretching out infections over a longer period of time which would allow everyone to get treated.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:16 AM 04-20-2020
So because it would theoretically be working, it's time to what?

If we were doing this and the hospitals were being overrun, would that make everyone feel better doing this? I don't understand that thinking.

The problem I see is that it just wasn't communicated well or people just didn't take the time to realize what "flatten the curve" meant. You're stretching out infections over a longer period of time which would allow everyone to get treated.
Sadly I think it would.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:19 AM 04-20-2020
It's also naive to simply think "most will just bounce back"...

You are just plain oversimplifying the situation.
**** you... Tell me I'm naive with the situation like you are some type of restaurant economic expert.

You are entitled to your opinion but almost every article I have read on the subject has said that many restaurants will be able to bounce back from this it's just going to take time...

https://bigseventravel.com/2020/04/r...t-coronavirus/

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/why-ny...m-coronavirus/

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/75121251.cms

What did I do with the viral situation exactly? Post articles online and urge people to follow social distancing guidelines? Guilty as charged!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:20 AM 04-20-2020
Spain and Italy among the highest rates of elevators per people.

NYC elevator usage statistics.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:23 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
**** you... Tell me I'm naive with the situation like you are some type of restaurant economic expert.

You are entitled to your opinion but almost every article I have read on the subject has said that many restaurants will be able to bounce back from this it's just going to take time...

https://bigseventravel.com/2020/04/r...t-coronavirus/

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/why-ny...m-coronavirus/

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/75121251.cms

What did I do with the viral situation exactly? Post articles online and urge people to follow social distancing guidelines? Guilty as charged!
Dude did you not take your meds today or what?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:24 AM 04-20-2020
Sure, it's going to evolve, practically day to day at this point. There are still unknowns and concerns and many people tasked with doing the 'right' thing in a completely unprecedented time.

Yeah, there's going to be uncertainty.

Sadly I think it would.
I agree, unfortunately.... even before the major restrictions took place, my thought was that we'd never know if we overreacted, only if we didn't do enough.

And right on cue, people aren't seeing the exponential growth in their area and they're frustrated and wondering why things haven't open back up as of 2 weeks ago. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1530 of 3903
« First < 530103014301480152015261527152815291530 153115321533153415401580163020302530 > Last »
Up