ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1437 of 3903
« First < 43793713371387142714331434143514361437 143814391440144114471487153719372437 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:47 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
LOL

It's more like "Let me interrupt your Dunning-Kreugerness with my own Dunning-Kreugerness."

After all, only I am smart. Nobody else is smart.
While looking down at you from Mount Stupid.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:47 AM 04-16-2020
This thread has gone to complete shit. In between the back and forth I saw Busbys post about college football and I think for the first time since this all started I'm sad as fuck
[Reply]
stevieray 10:47 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
"Shut this country down" can have thousands of different meanings. Will there be some restrictions into 2021? Barring a vaccine or treatment miracle, the answer is 100% yes, so now's the time to start accepting that.
The country can't sustain with the current level of restrictions into next year. Not even close to feasible.

Municipalities will go broke.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:48 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
They don't report the deaths as they happen. Sorry to burst your smart ass bubble.
The point is, it's impossible to say that cases have gone down as of noon.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:48 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
With regards to KCMO (and I guess STL too) extending the shelter in place order to May 15 I ask this (rhetorical) question:

What is going to happen between April 16 and May 15 that will not necessitate a further extension of a shelter in place dictate?
By then hopefully we will flatten the curve
[Reply]
TLO 10:50 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think his PC today will be to show a plan to reopen but maybe extend the closings for a few more weeks. KC and ST Louis peaks are still a 2-3 weeks away.
I don't understand how this is possible when these places have already been locked down for a month? Are we just seeing a more gradual climb to the peak as opposed to other areas in the country?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:50 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
The cases have gone down compared to their last 2 days of reporting. This is the ****ing problem with some of you. NY reports once a day on new deaths. Got it? The deaths reported today are less than the reports they posted yesterday and the day before that and the day before that even. Try actually reading what I ****ing said. You know, where I said it appears they are reporting the deaths from yesterday. Meaning the report you get today is what happened yesterday.

You want to find a reason to pick apart or otherwise piss on everything that gets reported because it doesn't fit your view then have it it. But your point is ir-****ing-relevant vis-a-vis the way NY has been reporting.

The point is you didn't fucking read a damn thing I said.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:51 AM 04-16-2020
They don't know. They keep saying they need to see x, y & z before they want to lift it. But we put this in place because of a,b, & c which largely did not pan out as they thought it would. Not blaming the initial lock down but it's like they insist on waiting for something that very well might not happen.
They can open up all the want but society is not truly going to 'open up,' until people feel it is safe to go out again. That probably won't happen until wide-scale testing is available or the vaccine comes out.

I mean social distancing measures will ease very soon but it's going to be very different America then what we are used to. At least it will be better than this.
[Reply]
limested 10:52 AM 04-16-2020
They don't report the deaths as they happen. Sorry to burst your smart ass bubble.
You are the dumbass that makes definitive statements for the day before reporting is complete.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:53 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Not really. I believe as the days roll on we arent seeing even close to the fatality numbers that were projected. The masses will begin to realize this isnt worth shutting down a 22 trillion dollar economy and folks will demand to go back to work. Governors are already being challenged by LEOs as to the constitutionality of many of the restrictions in place (Michigan for example)

Folks will still die from the virus but not in the masses projected and not enough to make it worth losing jobs, livelihoods and liberties.
[Reply]
Donger 10:53 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I think that NY runs on a 24 hour period which ends around noon EDT.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:54 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
You are the dumbass that makes definitive statements for the day before reporting is complete.
No, fuckhead. I am the one giving you the numbers worldometers reports from the state of NY. You're the dumb fuck that doesn't understand how the reporting has been going with NY for the last week. Otherwise you wouldn't say such stupid shit.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:55 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
They can open up all the want but society is not truly going to 'open up,' until people feel it is safe to go out again. That probably won't happen until wide-scale testing is available or the vaccine comes out.

I mean social distancing measures will ease very soon but it's going to be very different America then what we are used to. At least it will be better than this.
Some will, some may not. As a business owner I get a shit ton of people asking when we will be open again.
[Reply]
kgrund 10:55 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
The country can't sustain with the current level of restrictions into next year. Not even close to feasible.

Municipalities will go broke.
And bursting the "fairy tale" bubble is the voice of reason.:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 10:55 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I think that NY runs on a 24 hour period which ends around noon EDT.
^

Thank you, Donger. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1437 of 3903
« First < 43793713371387142714331434143514361437 143814391440144114471487153719372437 > Last »
Up