ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1138 of 3052
« First < 13863810381088112811341135113611371138 113911401141114211481188123816382138 > Last »
The Dumbass Lounge>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 07:39 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
As someone who spends far too much time following this thread, we go through cycles throughout each day.

We start with doom and gloom hour.
We then get pissed with one another for a little bit. (Usually something political is brought up, but it's policed pretty well by the regulars in here)
Something optimistic is shared. We discuss theraputics and such
BRC says something about ventilators.
Sometimes at this point Austin Chief shows up and it turns into a bloodbath for a while. I stand back and don't dare get involved.
We all kind of lighten up for a while. I guess because it's lunch time.
Afternoon reports come out and we're back to doom and gloom.
Deberg or someone else random posts a random tweet that's kind of funny and takes our minds off doom and gloom.
The President has his daily press briefing and everyone gets kinda pissy again. (More borderline political stuff pops up, but again, it's usually policed pretty well)
Demonpenz pops in and says something I have to read 3 or 4 times to try and figure out what he means.
I assume people start drinking because the mood lightens. We discuss daily numbers and hope for a better outcome tomorrow.
End
:-)
[Reply]
Monticore 07:45 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Nothing wrong with anything jdubya said fresh thinking and fresh minds should be welcomed. We may discover the next brilliant mind that gets this thing licked. Dr. Fauci is in his 80s it could be slipping upstairs and I am sure he probably has young fresh minds in the backgrounding do most the work.

Instead, we have the same handful of non-political coronavirus junkies posting day and night with the same boring comments thinking they have all the answers and know it all because Dr Fausi said so. They skirt the edges of political posts then cry bloody murder when they think someone did what they constantly do.
The whole world isnít doing this because Dr Fauci said so.
[Reply]
007 07:46 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Kids can go from lots of fun to driving you nuts in minutes lol. But Iím sure you know that
Tell me about it.
[Reply]
Ghost of Maslowski 07:47 PM 04-05-2020


https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/down...04052020-2.pdf
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:47 PM 04-05-2020
My kids been great.
Im so proud of her. Its been hard for her to. She misses her friends big time.
I dont have any friends. So Im cool.
[Reply]
notorious 07:49 PM 04-05-2020
Ubeja....


[Reply]
Monticore 07:51 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Ubeja....

Ubeja is probably just to try and calculate both their 100m times.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:51 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
As someone who spends far too much time following this thread, we go through cycles throughout each day.

We start with doom and gloom hour.
We then get pissed with one another for a little bit. (Usually something political is brought up, but it's policed pretty well by the regulars in here)
Something optimistic is shared. We discuss theraputics and such
BRC says something about ventilators.
Sometimes at this point Austin Chief shows up and it turns into a bloodbath for a while. I stand back and don't dare get involved.
We all kind of lighten up for a while. I guess because it's lunch time.
Afternoon reports come out and we're back to doom and gloom.
Deberg or someone else random posts a random tweet that's kind of funny and takes our minds off doom and gloom.
The President has his daily press briefing and everyone gets kinda pissy again. (More borderline political stuff pops up, but again, it's usually policed pretty well)
Demonpenz pops in and says something I have to read 3 or 4 times to try and figure out what he means.
I assume people start drinking because the mood lightens. We discuss daily numbers and hope for a better outcome tomorrow.
End
Thread banned
[Reply]
TLO 07:51 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Ubeja is probably just to try and calculate both their 100m times.
:-)
[Reply]
TLO 07:52 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Thread banned
You'd probably be doing my mental health a favor. :-)

No, seriously though. We have a good group in here for the most part with some good rational discussion.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:54 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Ubeja....

Hahahah
[Reply]
srvy 07:56 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The whole world isn’t doing this because Dr Fauci said so.
Never said anything about the world. This is a forum full of mostly US folks who are mostly fans of a football team in Missouri.

But thanks though when I have a question about hockey and maple syrup I will be sure to seek your advice.
[Reply]
ghak99 07:57 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
My kids been great.
Im so proud of her. Its been hard for her to. She misses her friends big time.
I dont have any friends. So Im cool.
My nieces and nephew are missing their friends as well. Snap chat and every other app under the sun just isn't the same.

We did reverse donuts in the golf cart until their faces hurt from laughter and none of us could stand this evening. Hopefully it bought their mother a few hours of peace tonight.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:05 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Come on. He clearly wasnít correct when he said that. A threat is not a present existent danger. It is a future possible negative outcome. Given what happened it was obviously a threat back then. We should have been worried about it. And as you said we should have been taking preventative measures. Unless something is a threat, you donít take preventative measures. If he said itís not affecting us right now or something heíd have been correct.

Yes we are talking with the benefit of hindsight as I think that was the context that jtubya is talking about with his thoughts on Dr. Fauci. If anyone probably should have been sounding alarms itís Dr. Fauci. Of course I fully acknowledge he may well have been doing that behind the scenes.
I don't understand the argument either.

He, of all people, had to have known what one proven case in the US actually meant. Hell, anyone with a basic understanding of how a virus works knew what it actually meant. The statement is just odd, especially coming from him.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:05 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Never said anything about the world. This is a forum full of mostly US folks who are mostly fans of a football team in Missouri.

But thinks though when I have a question about hockey and maple syrup I will be sure to seek your advice.
Why throw in the insult , seems a little childish and probably doesn’t do you any favours trying to convince people to see your point of view.
[Reply]
Page 1138 of 3052
« First < 13863810381088112811341135113611371138 113911401141114211481188123816382138 > Last »
Up