ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1048 of 3903
« First < 48548948998103810441045104610471048 104910501051105210581098114815482048 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:01 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economi...u-need-to-know

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.
I'm sure itll run smoothly
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:01 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yeesh that's a bad look.
Propaganda to keep the masks in stock
[Reply]
wazu 04:01 PM 04-02-2020
Yeesh that's a bad look.
Like - SERIOUSLY PEOPLE! C'mon, ya know?! WTF?!
[Reply]
Mecca 04:03 PM 04-02-2020

Navy expected to relieve captain who raised alarm about COVID-19 on ship https://t.co/21x43aR4eR

— Andrea Mitchell (@mitchellreports) April 2, 2020

When you bring something up you get fired....
[Reply]
loochy 04:03 PM 04-02-2020
Contradictory with what?
Itself.

I remember thinking that back when it was in posted.

If it's not effective then why would medical personnel need it?
[Reply]
stumppy 04:05 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Like I said. 3 weeks max. People are goin back to work.
Going to be kind of hard to go back to work when the business you work for is shut down.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:05 PM 04-02-2020
Donate your mask now and we'll return it when you're in ICU in 14 days.

[Reply]
Donger 04:05 PM 04-02-2020
Yeesh that's a bad look.
Yes, but perhaps a necessary fib. Some people even believed it here. Even with that, people began hoarding.

Hopefully, they'll reverse that and tell people the truth now. Personally, I wouldn't wait to be told.
[Reply]
Donger 04:06 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Itself.

I remember thinking that back when it was in posted.

If it's not effective then why would medical personnel need it?
It was a lie, yes. But I understand why it was done.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:06 PM 04-02-2020
Nearly half of states do not have enough funds to pay all those unemployment claims

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1175246
[Reply]
stumppy 04:06 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Propaganda to keep the masks in stock
That's it. At least what I've thought all along.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:07 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
So what happens if the vaccine gets released and doesnt work like it's supposed to or it takes more than a year for one to come out?

Both seem kinda plausible no?
Then nature does what nature do.

But ultimately there's a lot of truth to the fact that we'll have already found a treatment or powered through this by the time a vaccine comes online.

O.City is right - the working population will eventually say "to hell with this" and they'll go back to work. They'll maintain social distancing, social functions will largely evaporate, sports won't come back and family gatherings will be skipped. They'll do what they can to ensure that the burdens rest on them alone to power ahead with this disease as a shadow.

But they WILL power ahead. It's not killing them in waves. It's not killing their kids. They'll put up with this for a period of time and ultimately it may even be far longer than O.City or myself expect (I actually give people a little more 'credit' in that I think this can stretch through May before general backlash; that'd be about 10-11 weeks), but it damn sure won't make it through to a vaccine.

Because deep down in the darkest recesses of their minds, the vast vast VAST majority isn't worried about contracting it. They aren't even worried about you contracting it or most anyone else getting it for that matter. They're worried about maybe 5-10 people they know really well and care about a lot contracting it. And they're worried they'll be the ones that give it to them.

And that kind of fear, especially of the guilt associated with it, is a powerful motivator. But it's not the same as you dying or your kids dying. And it will eventually buckle under.

People are free to argue this point as loudly as they want or especially engage in some kind of normative response about what people SHOULD be willing to do. But in the end it just doesn't matter. I can't see any way that guilt and paranoia will simply yield an unlimited supply of patience.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:07 PM 04-02-2020
Yes, but perhaps a necessary fib. Some people even believed it here. Even with that, people began hoarding.

Hopefully, they'll reverse that and tell people the truth now. Personally, I wouldn't wait to be told.
A necessary fib?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:07 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Like I said. 3 weeks max. People are goin back to work.
3 weeks max for what? From when?
[Reply]
Donger 04:08 PM 04-02-2020
FWIW:

Adams, a member of the Trump administration's Coronavirus Task Force, made the comment one day after President Trump said he sees a scenario where all Americans could be expected to wear masks in public "for a short period of time after we get back into gear."

Trump acknowledged on Monday that he did not yet discuss the idea with his task force and said it is "certainly something we could discuss."

“It's important to understand that we are looking at the data every single day and we make the best recommendations to the American people we can based on what we know,” Adams said on Tuesday.

“What the World Health Organization [WHO] and the CDC [The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] have reaffirmed in the last few days is that they do not recommend the general public wear masks.”

He then explained the reasons why.

“On an individual level, there was a study in 2015 looking at medical students and medical students wearing surgical masks touch their face on average 23 times,” Adams explained. “We know a major way that you can get respiratory diseases like coronavirus is by touching a surface and then touching your face so wearing a mask improperly can actually increase your risk of getting disease.”

Adams went on to say that wearing a face mask “can also give you a false sense of security." He added that "you see many of these pictures with people out and about closer than six feet to each other, but still wearing a mask.”

He noted that there are also consequences to wearing masks.

“We still have PPE [Personal protective equipment] shortages across the country,” Adams noted. “The WHO mentioned this in their statement so we want to make sure we are reserving PPE for the people who most need it. That's how you are going to get the largest effect because if healthcare workers get sick, they can't take care of you when you get sick.”
[Reply]
Page 1048 of 3903
« First < 48548948998103810441045104610471048 104910501051105210581098114815482048 > Last »
Up