ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1041 of 3044
« First < 41541941991103110371038103910401041 104210431044104510511091114115412041 > Last »
The Dumbass Lounge>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:30 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lol. No greater risk than going to the grocery store huh? Thanks for your expert medical opinion.

17 family members reportedly get coronavirus after attending funeral

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/family...nding-funeral/
And how many people do you think get it from the store?

Explain to me why there's greater risk at an outdoor funeral than an indoor grocery store. Use ANY degree of critical thinking and give me an explanation. Not an adecdote - an actual honest to god reason.

You think a NY grocery store isn't elbows to assholes at time? Of course they're in crowds there. And there's significantly more contact of items that then get passed around.

Walk me through the actual circumstances that make attending an outdoor funeral more dangerous than going into a grocery store.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:30 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
we start pushing 2k.

Not everyone has 10k sitting in their bank
your math seems to be off here
[Reply]
F150 02:30 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
1250, and yes I do but I'm just going to tell you when you take into account that bill plus all my utilities and food we start pushing 2k.

Not everyone has 10k sitting in their bank in case of emergency.

Take away from Corona....you need to do a better job of saving for times like this and it is not the government's job to come to your aid because you(rhetorical you) didn't have the common sense to save more and spend less.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:31 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
I'm sorry, are you in NYC to know what New Yorkers are actually doing?
Are you going to tell me they aren't going to grocery stores?

What's your point here, sport?

I'm sure many NYers are doing things they should be doing, many are doing things they shouldn't be. And then there are people going to funerals, which is the topic of our conversation. So by all means, expound on your non-sequitur to explain its relevance.
[Reply]
Donger 02:32 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
If that truly is the case then either just about everyone is immune or asymptomatic or the spread would be ****ing outrageous by now.

Or while it might be able to be transmitted like that, the odds are so ****ing small that it isn't worth worrying about.

At one point do we scare ourselves into a full paralysis? Both economic and physical?
Wow.
[Reply]
O.city 02:32 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
Take away from Corona....you need to do a better job of saving for times like this and it is not the government's job to come to your aid because you(rhetorical you) didn't have the common sense to save more and spend less.
Ok, well when the government tells you you can't work, what are you supposed to do?
[Reply]
stumppy 02:32 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I dunno
That's the most accurate thing you've ever posted.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:32 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
your math seems to be off here
I'm saying if it were to be prolonged, because these same problems will still be here on May 1.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:32 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That is their own damn fault, sorry.

What were these people going to do if they lost their job because of some other reason?

You live your life without a net you might break something when you fall.
A part of me feels this way. At least for people with money. If you have a house payment, a car payment, you better have some spare income or you shouldn't have put yourself into debt to begin with.

If you have a shitty ass car, pay check to pay check, struggling to make your rent. I get it. And you should get help.

Rich or middle class people who can't budget properly? I ain't gonna hear it.
[Reply]
Pushead2 02:33 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Are you going to tell me they aren't going to grocery stores?

What's your point here, sport?

I'm sure many NYers are doing things they should be doing, many are doing things they shouldn't be. And then there are people going to funerals, which is the topic of our conversation. So by all means, expound on your non-sequitur to explain its relevance.
How many funerals being held that have thousands of individuals as attendees?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:33 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ok, well when the government tells you you can't work, what are you supposed to do?
See I'm not broke, I could live like 6 months on my savings but not everyone can do that nor do I want to deplete that shit any faster than possible.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 02:33 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ok, well when the government tells you you can't work, what are you supposed to do?
apparently save more than what you make each month lol
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:33 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm saying if it were to be prolonged, because these same problems will still be here on May 1.
If it is prolonged, the government will assuredly provide another around of payments. Simple.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:34 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
So when y'all keep going back and forth on NYC, Cuomo, de Blasio, the subways shutting down and wondering why the number of people infected keeps increasing, come back to me.
BTW, that funeral I think was in 2019.....not 2020
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:34 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

You don't save a little money every month, you might be up shit creek when the toilet flushes.
Not everyone can save money every month.

I know before I made a post much like yours before but I was wrong. Someone doesn't save up and they get fired from a job for being a dick or not working up to company standards when they don't have money saved fine but in this case no one deserves to be put on the street.
[Reply]
Page 1041 of 3044
« First < 41541941991103110371038103910401041 104210431044104510511091114115412041 > Last »
Up