ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1040 of 3044
« First < 40540940990103010361037103810391040 104110421043104410501090114015402040 > Last »
The Dumbass Lounge>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:20 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Do you know how much my rent is a month sir?
I dunno, $1000?

You don't have $1000 in the bank?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:22 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.



You don't save a little money every month, you might be up shit creek when the toilet flushes.
You still living in mom's basement?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pushead2 02:22 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm sorry - I get putting people on blast for going to the park because it's nice outside and they want to see their friends.

But if someone I care about dies and a funeral is held, I'll consider that as important as going to the grocery store and no greater risk. Especially when its outside.

At some point you have to allow people their humanity. For many that is a fundamental element of the grieving process and to call them 'stupid' for it is robotic.
So when y'all keep going back and forth on NYC, Cuomo, de Blasio, the subways shutting down and wondering why the number of people infected keeps increasing, come back to me.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 02:23 PM 04-02-2020
https://twitter.com/nbsaphiermd/stat...505924608?s=12

Apologize if Q, been keeping up on mobile.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 02:24 PM 04-02-2020
My rent is $2650. I'm one of the lucky ones because I am not sick and still working and do have money set aside.

What would make me a DICK is saying got mine you should have planned ahead nanny nanny poo poo.

That's what makes you a dick. C'mon man people are going to start looting in about three weeks.

Please don't respond with "Cool, got my guns ready."
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:24 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm sorry - I get putting people on blast for going to the park because it's nice outside and they want to see their friends.

But if someone I care about dies and a funeral is held, I'll consider that as important as going to the grocery store and no greater risk. Especially when its outside.

At some point you have to allow people their humanity. For many that is a fundamental element of the grieving process and to call them 'stupid' for it is robotic.
Lol. No greater risk than going to the grocery store huh? Thanks for your expert medical opinion.

17 family members reportedly get coronavirus after attending funeral

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/family...nding-funeral/
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:24 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
If that truly is the case then either just about everyone is immune or asymptomatic or the spread would be fucking outrageous by now.

Or while it might be able to be transmitted like that, the odds are so fucking small that it isn't worth worrying about.
How does that even make sense? That's the whole reason for the 6 foot rule... it's not so people won't cough in your face.

I've heard it's 2-3 times as contagious as the flu.

Like most things that get put into black & white, it's probably somewhere in between.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:25 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
You asked earlier what my plan would be and honestly I had never thought about it. I have ever since though.

I would have shut everything down when they started the 15 days to slow the spread. Quarantine style. Give everyone enough time to get food and lock down.
After 3 weeks you have to test good to get out and go back to work. Anyone that doesn’t test good stays in until they do.

The healthy people would all be going back to work next week if they had done that.
One of the best plans yet.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:26 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
So when y'all keep going back and forth on NYC, Cuomo, the subways shutting down and wondering why the number of people infected keeps increasing, come back to me.
And when you wonder why New Yorkers (and the public writ large) keep telling people to fuck right off before throwing their hands up and quitting altogether because you're demanding they become automatons, I'll be ready to answer.

If somewhere on your list of 'acceptable transgressions' you don't have fucking funerals, then the problem is your expectations.

These are still human beings you're working with and the attempt to boil them and their behaviors down to stats and ants under glass is going to be the biggest reason all this stuff will fall to shit.

You cannot continue to operate as though people aren't people and expect the desired outcomes.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:27 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I dunno, $1000?

You don't have $1000 in the bank?
1250, and yes I do but I'm just going to tell you when you take into account that bill plus all my utilities and food we start pushing 2k.

Not everyone has 10k sitting in their bank in case of emergency.
[Reply]
F150 02:27 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
This is what I don't get about Cuomo and the Governor's in Nevada and Michigan. You're a patient on a ventilator with this shit and the doctors are telling you that you that they have done all they can and you are going to die. You ask about HCQ and then you get told "we can't give it to you because we don't know if it's safe". WTF?

Was there an issue with safety at all? Or are we seeing something not science or medical related at play?

The handwringing over the use of these products is starting to crash down on the doubters and those who oppose it for selfish interests.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:28 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
National Academy of Sciences is a serious organization. No way they put that out there without a scientific method, peer reviewed study data to back it up.
So you're saying this is credible?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:28 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I straight up don't believe 50% of America can't make rent/mortgage if they lose their job in a given month.

Don't believe it.
Imagine that.


:-)
[Reply]
Pushead2 02:28 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And when you wonder why New Yorkers (and the public writ large) keep telling people to fuck right off before throwing their hands up and quitting altogether because you're demanding they become automatons, I'll be ready to answer.

If somewhere on your list of 'acceptable transgressions' you don't have fucking funerals, then the problem is your expectations.

These are still human beings you're working with and the attempt to boil them and their behaviors down to stats and ants under glass is going to be the biggest reason all this stuff will fall to shit.

You cannot continue to operate as though people aren't people and expect the desired outcomes.
I'm sorry, are you in NYC to know what New Yorkers are actually doing?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:29 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
How does that even make sense? That's the whole reason for the 6 foot rule... it's not so people won't cough in your face.

I've heard it's 2-3 times as contagious as the flu.

Like most things that get put into black & white, it's probably somewhere in between.
I am just saying if it can be transferred like that you would think that globally things would be even worse than they are.
[Reply]
Page 1040 of 3044
« First < 40540940990103010361037103810391040 104110421043104410501090114015402040 > Last »
Up