ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1034 of 3903
« First < 34534934984102410301031103210331034 103510361037103810441084113415342034 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 01:25 PM 04-02-2020
Daddy Like:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...QQSC0UGdLAUwOU
Awesome
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:25 PM 04-02-2020
Daddy Like:

Man - the Red Cross will actually tie me to a chair and infect me with this thing if that plasma deal takes hold.

Being O Negative, those guys LOVE me.

I'll end up a damn Fury Road style blood bag by the end of this...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:25 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
And now my Roku has a bunch of houses on the home screen and it says home together.....man everyone getting in on this.
FYI, 90% of Roku's income does not come from selling their hardware, but from Advertising...
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:25 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I absolutely agree.

But now you run into infrastructure problems. Lot of 'em probably haven't filed tax returns in a bit. And you know most of them don't have direct deposit setup so we're talking a month or longer before any immediate relief is felt.

So again...don't start that clock yet. Let them get their rent/food taken care of for another month or 6 weeks. Then maybe more of that stimulus money can actually make its way to them.

Just more practical hurdles for getting those funds into smaller communities.
I think you’re wrong here. Most of those people You’re referencing are already getting benefits from the gov. They’re in the system already and probably Ashley have benefits cards. Just put the money on their card
[Reply]
petegz28 01:26 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Lol

You should probably take your own advice quite often
You feel better now?
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:26 PM 04-02-2020
Just not enough data.

About a week ago some information emerged suggesting reduced transmittability in warmer climates (but not an elimination by any stretch). And the institutional knowledge as it relates to most coronaviruses and high humidity seems strong.

I mean some people are trying to say "look - Mexico has this, so heat doesn't matter!" and I don't think that's a fair conclusion to reach at all. Humidity/heat impacts a viruses viability outside of a host. And thus how strong it may be when it infects a person. Or the likelihood of infection in the event there's an immune response.

But I think in this first stage with no immune response built in, it seems like it just doesn't take much to set in so that diminished viability is muted somewhat. Now it may STILL yield less extreme outcomes, because it entered the gates a little weaker.

But we just don't know. And so many areas that are warm right now are equatorial regions with iffy hygiene, poor medical facilities and high population density so that throws a monkey in the wrench.

I remain hopeful that warmer, more humid weather will yield positive changes in transmission rates, severity or both. It's based largely on the history of other similar diseases and some initial study done on this one, but there's not enough to say it will happen with any certainty.
Thanks... and thanks for making this thread a more hospitable place.
[Reply]
TLO 01:26 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Sure looks like the metro areas are trending up to me. Looks like its slowed a bit from a couple days ago but up is up is up.
I just posted the official MO DHSS numbers for today a few posts above yours. 19 deaths, not 21. And the NY Times numbers are off on total cases.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:28 PM 04-02-2020
Right now they are saying if the IRS doesn't have your direct deposit info it could take up to 6 months to get you a paper check
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:29 PM 04-02-2020
I think you’re wrong here. Most of those people You’re referencing are already getting benefits from the gov. They’re in the system already and probably Ashley have benefits cards. Just put the money on their card
But aren't most benefits along those lines administered by the state? I think they're largely federally funded but state run.

Meanwhile my understanding of this stimulus is that it's going to be federally administered. So the apparatus will be more akin to the IRS than, say, Medicaid.

I mean, you could be right there. That just wasn't my understanding of it.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:30 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I just posted the official MO DHSS numbers for today a few posts above yours. 19 deaths, not 21. And the NY Times numbers are off on total cases.
As expected, a large portion of Mo's cases are in the St. Louis area.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:31 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Right now they are saying if the IRS doesn't have your direct deposit info it could take up to 6 months to get you a paper check
Link?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:31 PM 04-02-2020
But aren't most benefits along those lines administered by the state? I think they're largely federally funded but state run.

Meanwhile my understanding of this stimulus is that it's going to be federally administered. So the apparatus will be more akin to the IRS than, say, Medicaid.

That's how I understand it as well
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:32 PM 04-02-2020

You could be right too. And I know this is probably a pipe dream but I would think they could easily link the two together
[Reply]
petegz28 01:32 PM 04-02-2020
Link?
They just talked about it on CNBC.....
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:35 PM 04-02-2020
Daddy Like:

Good news, thanks for posting.
[Reply]
Page 1034 of 3903
« First < 34534934984102410301031103210331034 103510361037103810441084113415342034 > Last »
Up