ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2020 Prospect Tracker: Chiefs Interest / Visits / Work Outs ***
Dante84 05:36 PM 02-10-2020
"Well, we made it all the way to Overtime of the AFC Championship. With a solid draft, we could get over the hump." - 2019

We did it! Super Bowl Champs!!! And with a really great crop of rookies: Thornhill, Saunders, Fenton and Hardman were notable standouts.

This is the 9th year in a row that we will be tracking the college players the Chiefs have publicly or privately expressed interest in leading up to the NFL Draft.

Here's how we did in 2019. The first 5 guys we drafted last year were on our list. Just incredible.

For those who are new, the way this operates is that we collectively monitor various social media sources, blogs, articles and reports for news of the Chiefs' interest in a certain player. When posted in this thread, I will update the OP to include the player. *Please provide the link to the article, the players name, position and team.

I am going to try to link to player profiles when they exist, courtesy of The Draft Network, a pretty sweet new website.

Let's meet some of our future Chiefs:

2020 Draft - Chiefs Prospect Tracker

Offense
QB
Reid Sinnett, San Diego

RB
Ke’Shawn Vaughn, Vanderbilt
Darius “Jet” Anderson, TCU
Anthony McFarland, Maryland
Zack Moss, Utah
Lamical Perine, Florida
J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU
James Gilbert, KState

WR
Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan
Lawrence Cager, Georgia
Chase Claypool, Notre Dame
Jalen Reagor, TCU
Justin Jefferson, LSU
Michael Pittman Jr., USC
James Proche, SMU
Aaron Fuller, Washington
Juwan Johnson, Oregon
John Hightower, Boise State
Van Jefferson, Florida
Lynn Bowden Jr., Kentucky
Tee Higgins, Clemson

TE
Josiah Deguara, Cincinnati
Jacob Breeland, Oregon
Dalton Keene, Virginia Tech

OT
Charlie Heck, UNC
Yasir Durant, Mizzou
Jack Driscoll, Auburn
Evin Ksiezarczyk, Buffalo
Saahdiq Charles, LSU
Hakeem Adeniji, KU
Josh Jones, Houston
Cameron Clark, Charlotte

G
Ben Bredeson, Michigan
Jon Runyan, Michigan
Kyle Murphy, Rhode Island
Tyler Higby, Michigan State
Cordel Iwuagwu, TCU
Damien Lewis, LSU

C

Defense
CB
Kristian Fulton, LSU
Jeff Gladney, TCU
Jaylon Johnson, Utah
Trevon Diggs, Alabama
AJ Terrell, Clemson
Reggie Robinson II, Tulsa
Bryce Hall, Virginia
AJ Green, Oklahoma State
Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn
Javaris Davis, Auburn
Amik Robertson, Louisiana Tech
Cameron Dantzler, Mississippi State

S
Rodney Clemons, SMU
Terrell Burgess, Utah
Geno Stone, Iowa
K’Von Wallace, Clemson
Bryce Torneden, KU
Antoine Winfield Jr., Minnesota

DE / Edge
Austin Edwards, Ferris State
Julian Okwara, Notre Dame
Khalid Kareem, Notre Dame
Jason Strowbridge, UNC
Raekwon Davis, Alabama
Josh Uche, Michigan

OLB
Patrick Queen, LSU
Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech

ILB
Troy Dye, Oregon
Austin Hall, Memphis
Azur Kamara, Kansas

DL

DT
Jordan Elliott, Mizzou
Larrell Murchison, NC State
Ross Blacklock, TCU
James Lynch, Baylor

Special Teams
P

K

LS

Links to Past Years:
[Reply]
DrRyan 02:04 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
And that's why 32 teams should be THANKING THE GOOD LORD that you're not their damn GM :-) . We just won the SB with no great CB's, LB's or guards!!..so I really don't know why folks are so obsessed with those positions but then run down the need for a competent running game. Swift might very well be there for us at 32 and IF Veach takes him I'd be more than happy with that choice and why? Because he's a damn good player who could start first day, that's why.
You are clueless aren't you? Probably "obsessed" with those positions because there are 2 CBs under contract for next season. Are you forgetting Breeland and Fuller are free agents? Also because there is so much more value likely in those positions than RB st 32.

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and no great RB. So what's your point exactly?

No in the first. Probably not in the second. Third? Yeah, okay.
Cam Akers in the third over any available RB at 32. LB/CB or CB/LB almost will provide better long and shoddy term results than RB at 32 and whatever follows. If Akers is gone, WR/IOL round 3.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:33 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
You are clueless aren't you? Probably "obsessed" with those positions because there are 2 CBs under contract for next season. Are you forgetting Breeland and Fuller are free agents? Also because there is so much more value likely in those positions than RB st 32.

Cam Akers in the third over any available RB at 32. LB/CB or CB/LB almost will provide better long and shoddy term results than RB at 32 and whatever follows. If Akers is gone, WR/IOL round 3.
So we can't get a cb In the second round? Smh no-one is saying don't address the cb position...all I'm saying is don't act like we need Jalen Ramsey to win...because we just proved we don't.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:35 PM 03-15-2020
and no great RB. So what's your point exactly?

No in the first. Probably not in the second. Third? Yeah, okay.
Oh look..a mere mention of taking a RB early and the famous RB hater makes a sharp appearance...what a surprise :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:49 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
Hard pass. With major holes at CB (and only 2 under contract), LB and IOL I would pass on Sweetness, Barry Sanders, Dickerson, et al at the end of the first round. It makes zero sense taking a RB round 1.
If this was true, the Chiefs would not have brought him in for a look. Developing a solid running game would take the pressure off Mahomes and make the offense even more dominant.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:47 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
If this was true, the Chiefs would not have brought him in for a look. Developing a solid running game would take the pressure off Mahomes and make the offense even more dominant.
EXACTLY!!!..but naive fools would rather stack the backfield with average talent and put everything in Pat's hands instead of giving the kid a decent run game so our offense can be great across the board SMH :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:43 AM 03-17-2020
Oh look..a mere mention of taking a RB early and the famous RB hater makes a sharp appearance...what a surprise :-)
no, you just way overvalue the position as if it's 1975. It's not.

I'd take Akers in the 3rd.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:52 AM 03-17-2020
no, you just way overvalue the position as if it's 1975. It's not.

I'd take Akers in the 3rd.
Ok well done i agree with you for once re Akers :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:03 AM 03-17-2020
EXACTLY!!!..but naive fools would rather stack the backfield with average talent and put everything in Pat's hands instead of giving the kid a decent run game so our offense can be great across the board SMH :-)
Here's the deal, although you have an emotional attachment to an idea in your head and won't hear logic, so I'm not sure why I bother.

1) The running game suffered due to inferior interior offensive line play. This is the primary reason for the lower ypc this year. You can see as we got deep into the season and the play-offs, the numbers went up as Wiz went in, Fisher was back and healthy, etc. We need to continue to rebuild the offensive line to protect Patrick. Being effective on the ground will do that too; but if your line sucks your running game sucks. Period. I'd rather draft a killer OG or OC than a RB early. Their careers are twice as long, for starters.

2) Damien Williams was also playing at less than healthy most of the season. I would like to continue to draft and develop competition at the position, but it's nowhere near being our biggest hole. OC, LG, LB, CB are all positions in which we are weaker in terms of possibly LOSING games due lack of talent. We're not going to LOSE a game because of Damien Williams. We might if we have no corners other than Ward and Fenton. We might due to shit offensive line play. See what I mean? No, probably not.

3) We've done just fine with RB's in the mid rounds. In fact, most of the league has. It's not QB. Every year, stud RB's are found in the 3rd. Kamara, Kareem Hunt, Jamaal Charles, etc, etc, etc. You do not need to draft one super early. You just don't.

4) Your own logic is and has been used against you; and you don't seem to get it. "We won the SB without star CB's!", yeah well, we won the SB with Damien Williams. "WE NEED A 1st ROUND RB!" Do you not get that? Nah, you don't. You have an emotional need to see one RB get all the carries so you can see 100 yds on the stat sheet. It comforts you. The game has changed, man.

5) I don't hate RB's. They're useful contributors. But spending a bunch of free agent money OR high draft pick capital on one is not a smart allocation of resources.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:07 AM 03-17-2020
It's a chicken and the egg question.

Does your running game suck because your running backs suck?

Or does your running game suck because your offensive line sucks?

Leveon Bell looked like a hall of famer in Pittsburgh.

He looked like a slow, plodding, piece of shit in New York.

I wonder why?
[Reply]
Chargem 12:06 PM 03-19-2020
It's a chicken and the egg question.

Does your running game suck because your running backs suck?

Or does your running game suck because your offensive line sucks?

Leveon Bell looked like a hall of famer in Pittsburgh.

He looked like a slow, plodding, piece of shit in New York.

I wonder why?
People say a lot too that a good running game helps the passing game, but I'm almost certain its the reverse. A great passing game opens up running lanes.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
People say a lot too that a good running game helps the passing game, but I'm almost certain its the reverse. A great passing game opens up running lanes.
Between the 20's the Chiefs were elite, but in the redzone a great running game is necessary because of the shortened field. The passing game is at a disadvantage inside the redzone becauseof space limit makes it easier for the opposition to cut off routes.

You never want to make it more difficult for the Franchise QB to succeed, and last season's redzone offense was average in comparison what they had with Kareem it's an asset that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Though my reasoning for IOL and a feature RB is to protect the PMII investment. Anything to keep him relatively healthy through the season and not always depending on him to be Superman because doesn't have said option at his disposal. Kareem was a big part of the MNF comeback against the Broncos.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:41 PM 03-19-2020

#LSU OT Saahdiq Charles has been busy.

Combine formals: #Chiefs, #Redskins, #Patriots, #Packers, #Vikings, #Eagles & #Dolphins.

He had a private visit w/ the #Eagles on Mar 12.

Other sked private visits impacted by COVID-19: #Bears, #Packers, #Redskins, #Chiefs, #Patriots.

— Justin M (@JustinM_NFL) March 17, 2020

CB Javaris Davis (@javariusdavis1) ran a 4.39 on a tight hamstring & has been popular.

Combine formals: #Colts, #Cowboys, #Giants, #Falcons & #Rams.

Private workout w/ the #Bengals. COVID-19 ex'd out mtgs w/ the #Jets, #Dolphins, #Patriots, #Lions, #Ravens, #Chiefs & #Raiders

— Justin M (@JustinM_NFL) March 17, 2020

[Reply]
RunKC 04:50 PM 03-27-2020

#LSU OG Damien Lewis has held pre-draft FaceTime meetings with the #Colts, #Patriots, #Cardinals, #Bears, #Bills, #Jets, #Buccaneers & #Chiefs
recently. He has one coming up w/ the #Dolphins shortly.

— Justin M (@JustinM_NFL) March 27, 2020

[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:39 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Between the 20's the Chiefs were elite, but in the redzone a great running game is necessary because of the shortened field. The passing game is at a disadvantage inside the redzone becauseof space limit makes it easier for the opposition to cut off routes.

You never want to make it more difficult for the Franchise QB to succeed, and last season's redzone offense was average in comparison what they had with Kareem it's an asset that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Though my reasoning for IOL and a feature RB is to protect the PMII investment. Anything to keep him relatively healthy through the season and not always depending on him to be Superman because doesn't have said option at his disposal. Kareem was a big part of the MNF comeback against the Broncos.
well, in Andy Reid's style of offensive line play, we're never going to be great at straight ahead power running. It's not the type of offensive line skills he looks for. It's the price we pay for all the explosiveness between the 20's. All that trap, pull, misdirection stuff is designed to open big holes by forcing the defense to make mistakes. That closes down in short yardage and goal-line. I don't know about you, but while I find that frustrating, I think the trade-off is worth it.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:29 PM 03-31-2020

I interviewed @UMichFootball EDGE Josh Uche (@_Uche35) for @TheDraftWire. He's one of my favorite players in this draft. He's met w/ the #Titans, #Chiefs, #Ravens, #Raiders & several others.https://t.co/CEYdOl23w3#NFLDraft | #GoBlue

— Justin M (@JustinM_NFL) March 30, 2020

[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up