Page 148 of 298
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Rexx:
It's pretty obvious this defense lacks the ability to tackle and the "we won't be bullied" mentality. Short order, they are soft. If we get ousted in the playoffs, and this is the reason... then Bob has to go. It's not necessarily scheme, it's his inability to adjust, stays loyal to guys that suck (Parker and Murray), and general lack of attitude his defenses play with.
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So we have horrible coaching. Who was the last draft pick or UDFA outside of the 1st or 2nd round who developed into a difference maker on defense? Is it a scouting problem or coaching problem. Hell, look at the safety for the Bears, Eddie Jackson. He was a 4th round pick last year and now he's one of the best safeties in the game. When have we drafted anyone on defense that wasn't an obvious find. Guys like Jones, Peters, Ford, etc. were all high draft picks and easy to project. Until we can actually find defensive talent in the draft we won't see improvement.
You've overplayed your hand here.

Eddie Jackson is a remarkable story precisely BECAUSE he's so rare. And to hand waive the development of Jones by saying 'well he's a 2nd round pick' is to completely ignore that about 2/3 of 2nd round picks never become meaningful starters, let alone dynamic players at the level of Chris Jones.

And are you really going to say Dee Ford was 'easy to project'? His improvement and development has been remarkable.

In the NFL, a Steven Nelson and Daniel Sorensen is a success story. An Eddie Jackson is a minor miracle. And if you want to blame poor coaching rather than talent, why haven't guys like DJ White, Ukeme Eligwe and Ramik Wilson gone on to have success elsewhere? If those were 'difference makers' who were simply undercoached, why didn't another team get their hands on them and turn them into premier players.

You ask how many guys Sutton has coached into stars - well how many guys have improved to any real degree after leaving KC? Why hasn't Nunez-Roches or Nico Johnson gone elsewhere and excelled? It's an easy answer -they just aren't great players.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:30 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This conversation is over. Can't have a discussion about statistics when one said obviously doesn't understand statistics.

Bash on. Hopefully Sutton is canned at the end of the season and we can move on to something else.

I understand percentages quite well. Work with them everyday.

Please tap the canvas before crossing the ropes on your way out. :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:33 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Rexx:
It's pretty obvious this defense lacks the ability to tackle and the "we won't be bullied" mentality. Short order, they are soft. If we get ousted in the playoffs, and this is the reason... then Bob has to go. It's not necessarily scheme, it's his inability to adjust, stays loyal to guys that suck (Parker and Murray), and general lack of attitude his defenses play with.
Exactly. You can be average or even below average. But when you get your shots, you need to make them count and make the other guy fear you, even if he is a pro bowling badass.
If you don't have a lot of talent on your squad, you'd better have a lot of heart, guts, and a mean streak a country mile wide.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:36 AM 12-03-2018
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...sition/defense

2018: 31st Total - 32nd Pass - 22nd Rush
2017: 28th Total - 29th Pass - 25th Rush
2016: 24th Total - 18th Pass - 26th Rush
2015: 7th Total - 9th Pass - 8th Rush
2014: 7th Total - 2nd Pass - 28th Rush
2013: 24th Total - 25th Pass - 22nd Rush

These are the seasons that Bob has been the DC in KC.

In 2014 we were 9-7 and didn't make the playoffs, with the 7th Total Defense. Prominent defensive stars included:
Josh Mauga
Ron Parker
Husain Abdullah
Justin Houston
Tamba Hali
Sean Smith
Dontari Poe
Allen Bailey
Curt Coleman
Eric Berry
Derrick Johnson (Only played 1 game)

In 2015, that was the 1-5 year where we won every game after that and went 11-5. Beating the Texans in the first round 30 - 0 and losing to NE 27-20.
Prominent defensive stars included:
2014 Squad
+ Marcus Peters and Tyvon Branch

He proved that he can do it in 2014 and 2015, bouncing back from that atrocity that was the Indianapolis failure in the 2013 Playoffs, but for three years now, he's regressing. A new DC needs to be brought in that can get us back to middle of the pack, especially while Pat is on his rookie deal, Bob Sutton needs to be let go at the end of the season.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 12-03-2018
I don't have a problem with bringing in a new voice. I think it's time for that.

But I also don't think it's really a Sutton issue as much as a player issue.

Eric Murray isn't good. Ron Parker isn't good.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 12-03-2018
What in the sweet hell happened to Lucas? He hasn't played at all in forever.

Instead we get Eric Murray and Ron Parker. I was told once guys started coming back Parker would play less.

What happened.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't have a problem with bringing in a new voice. I think it's time for that.

But I also don't think it's really a Sutton issue as much as a player issue.

Eric Murray isn't good. Ron Parker isn't good.
And at some point the DC needs to be held accountable for keeping them out there. Are you telling me that Lucas is worse than Parker or Murray? He didn't look like an All Pro but he didn't look like trash when he got the chance.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:46 AM 12-03-2018
Yeah....why the hell is Lucas not playing?

Shit like this kills me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 12-03-2018
What in the sweet hell happened to Lucas? He hasn't played at all in forever.

Instead we get Eric Murray and Ron Parker. I was told once guys started coming back Parker would play less.

What happened.
And you say what happened to Lucas - man, what happened to Murray?

He looked iffy for 2 weeks, then he looked good when he came back. Now he sucks again.

Why is it that a young athlete like Watts has to get hurt but Ron Parker would survive a nuclear holocaust with nothing more than a sprained pinky?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I understand percentages quite well. Work with them everyday.

Please tap the canvas before crossing the ropes on your way out. :-)
I never said anything about percentages. I said "statistics" which includes historical analysis and trending. You obviously don't understand either or you'd know that "percentages" taken out of context mean absolutely nothing.

If you want to call that a tap out, by all means. Ignorance is bliss! :-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:04 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And you say what happened to Lucas - man, what happened to Murray?

He looked iffy for 2 weeks, then he looked good when he came back. Now he sucks again.

Why is it that a young athlete like Watts has to get hurt but Ron Parker would survive a nuclear holocaust with nothing more than a sprained pinky?
I dunno.

They just play so damn passive. When you watch a team like the Cowboys, they just fucking fly around.

The Chiefs d sits around and waits for someone to make a play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
and a mean streak a country mile wide.
This team will NEVER have that, Bob Sutton or not.

The "attitude" of this team, including Bob Sutton's for that matter, comes straight from Andy Reid.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This team will NEVER have that, Bob Sutton or not.

The "attitude" of this team, including Bob Sutton's for that matter, comes straight from Andy Reid.
Maybe. But I think that's a little oversold.

His defensive teams in Philly had a nasty streak when they had Jim.

I haven't ever really been on the "fire Sutton" thing but it's just time for new blood.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 12-03-2018
Maybe. But I think that's a little oversold.

His defensive teams in Philly had a nasty streak when they had Jim.

I haven't ever really been on the "fire Sutton" thing but it's just time for new blood.
It was time for new blood last year but Andy didn't want to go there.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 298
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Up