Page 147 of 298
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:49 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude there is no excuse ever for a defense to blow a 28 point lead in one half in the playoffs. Let alone twice!
Not being able to get a 1st down isn't an excuse, it's a cause.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:53 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Your visual aid is statistically meaningless. You cherry picked a handful of games out of one week.

The numbers don't lie:

- highest PPG in NFL history
- highest YPG in NFL history
- highest yards per play in NFL history
- most first downs per game in NFL history
- most passing TDs per game in NFL history
- least INTs per game in NFL history (tied with 2016 and 2017)

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../NFL/index.htm

And before you get all stupid, this isn't a defense of the Chiefs. This defense is AWFUL and Sutton needs to be fired. That isn't the point here.

The NFL absolutely IS trending towards scoring, you're trying to put forward a narrative that isn't even remotely factual.
That was a set of scores from THIS WEEK. From every fucking game that was played. Go look at the box scores for the entire season, and tell me it isn't the SAME FUCKING THING EVERY WEEK. You're going to get two, maybe three games a week where the final score is high 30's to 40's on the winners side of the ball! And if you can't provide proof to the contrary, then you need to change that bullshit song you're singing, because it's FALSE INFORMATION used to support a narrative that having a fuckstick defense is okey-dokey, and that even the top rated defenses "really aren't doing much".
It's bullshit.

Dude, you're going to have to come to grips with the fact that 40 point games are NOT the norm. Not even CLOSE. And every time this team goes up against a team with an offense capable of matching those high scores, we get our asses whipped.

And the reason?

Buttons.

This.

Shitty.

Defense.

And Buttons.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:55 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
That was a set of scores from THIS WEEK. From every fucking game that was played. Go look at the box scores for the entire season, and tell me it isn't the SAME FUCKING THING EVERY WEEK. You're going to get two, maybe three games a week where the final score is high 30's to 40's on the winners side of the ball! And if you can't provide proof to the contrary, then you need to change that bullshit song you're singing, because it's FALSE INFORMATION used to support a narrative that having a fuckstick defense is okey-dokey, and that even the top rated defenses "really aren't doing much".
It's bullshit.

Dude, you're going to have to come to grips with the fact that 40 point games are NOT the norm. Not even CLOSE. And every time this team goes up against a team with an offense capable of matching those high scores, we get our asses whipped.

And the reason?

Buttons.

This.

Shitty.

Defense.

And Buttons.
Sorry but you're not even making sense. Try English and better punctuation.

Is this about scoring 40 or offense in the NFL being way, way up? Because those are 2 different things.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:55 AM 12-03-2018
Not being able to get a 1st down isn't an excuse, it's a cause.
28 point lead blown in one half in multiple playoff games....Bob Sutton's defense! WOO HOO!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
28 point lead blown in one half in multiple playoff games....Bob Sutton's defense! WOO HOO!
I expected that. Impossible to counter the truth. Have to resort to dumbassery.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I hear ya the Offense struggled a bit but ya we still HAD to put up 40 to win and still we were an onside kick away from Overtime. Parker lost whatever he used to have and should have never even been brought back, I thought it was a decent move considering Berry but in hindsight we could have started a rookie and been way better off.

This was a Raiders team that couldn't hang with anyone, even the Faider fans are taking this as a victory. This has to be fixed in the offseason one way or another. If we have to suffer through this situation next year where we are in line for HFA and still are afraid because of our defense then we have failed yet ANOTHER year. You only get so many chances man, this just feels like insanity at this point.
The line "we're past responsibility and now it's time to address accountability" is a fair one.

I DON'T think Sutton sucks. I don't think his schemes are too complicated; in fact I think they're quite good. I don't think fire and brimstone is a necessary prerequisite for a DC. I think Sutton can coordinate a championship caliber defense.

But at this point it just can't be here. It's like Reid in Philadelphia; Reid was still an excellent football coach but in the end, a change had to be made. The defense last year got pushed around and physically assaulted. Meanwhile 2 years prior we had an excellent defense with the same guy at the controls. I was wanting him fired but understood why he wasn't.

But now...well now you've had 2 years that threaten to be undercut by a bad D. And I will say that I think our offense makes playing D pretty damn tough, it still just doesn't matter. I don't expect a miracle turnaround from Sutton's replacement because that's now how this team is built, it's not what the HC emphasizes. But at some point reality sets in and you have to just get a new voice in there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:58 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The line "we're past responsibility and now it's time to address accountability" is a fair one.

I DON'T think Sutton sucks. I don't think his schemes are too complicated; in fact I think they're quite good. I don't think fire and brimstone is a necessary prerequisite for a DC. I think Sutton can coordinate a championship caliber defense.

But at this point it just can't be here. It's like Reid in Philadelphia; Reid was still an excellent football coach but in the end, a change had to be made. The defense last year got pushed around and physically assaulted. Meanwhile 2 years prior we had an excellent defense with the same guy at the controls. I was wanting him fired but understood why he wasn't.

But now...well now you've had 2 years that threaten to be undercut by a bad D. And I will say that I think our offense makes playing D pretty damn tough, it still just doesn't matter. I don't expect a miracle turnaround from Sutton's replacement because that's now how this team is built, it's not what the HC emphasizes. But at some point reality sets in and you have to just get a new voice in there.
You sure love Bob Sutton. :-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:00 AM 12-03-2018
A responsible party fixes things.

The accountable party takes the blame when it's not fixed.
You can't just have one or the other. Accountability demands responsibility, and vice versa.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:01 AM 12-03-2018
Hitchens was apparently nursing a sore quad. If so, Sutton put him in a bad spot. Should have known better.

And I was disappointed to see Ragland too but DOD looks lost out there most of the time, unfortunately.
DoD does look indecisive. But Ragland is only slightly less so and compounds it by being Breeland Speaks slow.

At least DoD has some catchup speed. And what's nice about DoD is that he knows it so he doesn't commit as soon. There's no way he gets flayed as badly as Hitchens does on that stutter step because DoD doesn't commit that quickly; he doesn't have to. He knows he has the speed to force the route runner into his pattern and then match. He doesn't have to bite on window dressing and guess like Hitchens does.

Gotta make some fundamental personnel shifts at this point. Next week is perfect because Jackson's speed needs someone to mirror it. So you have DoD and Lucas out there to get themselves up to game speed and it gives them the reps they need to be slightly more prepared for LAC.

The time is now.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:01 AM 12-03-2018
Hitchens was apparently nursing a sore quad. If so, Sutton put him in a bad spot. Should have known better.

And I was disappointed to see Ragland too but DOD looks lost out there most of the time, unfortunately.
So we have horrible coaching. Who was the last draft pick or UDFA outside of the 1st or 2nd round who developed into a difference maker on defense? Is it a scouting problem or coaching problem. Hell, look at the safety for the Bears, Eddie Jackson. He was a 4th round pick last year and now he's one of the best safeties in the game. When have we drafted anyone on defense that wasn't an obvious find. Guys like Jones, Peters, Ford, etc. were all high draft picks and easy to project. Until we can actually find defensive talent in the draft we won't see improvement.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:02 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
You can't just have one or the other. Accountability demands responsibility, and vice versa.
You actually can. That's why when you build a RACI, responsibility and accountability are separate.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Is it a scouting problem or coaching problem.
Both.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:05 AM 12-03-2018
Sorry but you're not even making sense. Try English and better punctuation.

Is this about scoring 40 or offense in the NFL being way, way up? Because those are 2 different things.
You're going to have to define "way, way up". Because from where I sit, the majority of the games, the majority of the final scores, do not lend any credence to your assumption. And please remember, single digit percentages do NOT constitute great growth.

In fact, they look like the same final outcomes I've been seeing since I started watching football in the 1970's.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
And please remember, single digit percentages do NOT constitute great growth.
This conversation is over. Can't have a discussion about statistics when one said obviously doesn't understand statistics.

Bash on. Hopefully Sutton is canned at the end of the season and we can move on to something else.
[Reply]
Rexx 10:07 AM 12-03-2018
It's pretty obvious this defense lacks the ability to tackle and the "we won't be bullied" mentality. Short order, they are soft. If we get ousted in the playoffs, and this is the reason... then Bob has to go. It's not necessarily scheme, it's his inability to adjust, stays loyal to guys that suck (Parker and Murray), and general lack of attitude his defenses play with.
[Reply]
Page 147 of 298
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Up