ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Top 100 Players Premieres TODAY (8pm ET) on NFL Network
DTVietnam 08:15 AM 07-26-2020
He better be number 1

“Pat Mahomes… he’s just special.” ��

Find out where the Super Bowl MVP lands in the #NFLTop100

��: NFL Top 100 | Premieres TODAY (8pm ET) on NFL Network pic.twitter.com/xv4MC5fvGI

— NFL Network (@nflnetwork) July 26, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 10:11 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
It’s even worse in the NBA. European players who spent their teenage years playing in the pros with grown ass men are automatically labeled soft because they didn’t grow up playing street ball in the ghetto. Snoop Dogg spazzed out on instagram and called Luka Doncic soft because people were simply saying that he was putting up similar numbers to other NBA rookies.
Doncic is a great example. Dude was labeled a bust before he even played by so many and it’s very obvious why.

So glad he shut everybody the fuck up. He’s my favorite young NBA star.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:16 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s 100% fucking true and anybody that can’t see it is blind as fuck.

It’s literally the same thing that Steph Curry deals with.

Bomani Jones called Steph a “system player” the other day.
I wonder why you're so sensitive to racism coming from black people and suddenly turn into Stevie Wonder when it's time to see it coming from the other direction
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:18 AM 07-30-2020
It's jealousy, really. And yeah, there may be some prejudice involved as well.

I'm sure there's a lot of NFL players out there that hate the fact that Mahomes gets so much praise. They hate that he accomplished so much in so little time, and made it all look so damn easy.

The fact that he came from a privileged upbringing makes it just that much easier for them to be jealous and spiteful.

It's not much different than what happened to Russel Wilson in Seattle.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:19 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Marlon Humphrey posted his ballot...

If that's real, that shows the problem with the system. Some voters are stupid or malicious. If it was confidential voting and not anonymous, a savvy analyst would create a system where a voter who's really out of whack would get weighted down, but I guarantee that the NFL is not doing anything sophisticated in that way.

Even a simple way to do it would be to throw out the lowest and highest 5 percent of votes for each player. That would probably fix it as long as you didn't have an entire team coordinating a fake vote.

Who was that baseball team that was rigging the all-star game votes a while back by giving ballots to fans at the stadium? I remember that they would give out the ballots and then they had a board with nails where you could just push your ballot onto the board to poke the spots where the team's players were, so they were getting thousands and thousands of straight-team votes at every position.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:19 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I wonder why you're so sensitive to racism coming from black people and suddenly turn into Stevie Wonder when it's time to see it coming from the other direction
Back in the day i recall you agreeing with this perspective when talking about the Russel Wilson situation.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:21 AM 07-30-2020
Probably because I see a lot of hypocrisy and I have no patience for it :-)

It’s not like I’m saying that Black people are never victims of racism though. Of course they are and when it’s blatant I will call it out and condemn it. I have no problem being consistent.

Please show me one example of legitimate racism where I “turned into Stevie Wonder”.

I’ll wait...

Also, I’m not saying that this is necessarily racism. It’s just weird bias.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:21 AM 07-30-2020
I absolutely love that Mahomes was ranked #4 on the top 100. You're kidding yourself if you don't think players pay attention to these rankings. Mahomes isn't the kind of guy to go on twitter and complain about it (ala Keenan Allen) but do you remember the Chiefs vs Bears game on primetime when he counted all the way to #10 after a touchdown? It didn't get talked about a lot but it was an obvious **** you to how in the world did he fall to #10.

I have zero doubts in my mind that Mahomes is going to have a little extra motivation with our date vs the Ravens in Baltimore (primetime game again) to prove that he is the #1 player in the NFL. Little extra fuel for the fire never hurt.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:21 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Back in the day i recall you agreeing with this perspective when talking about the Russel Wilson situation.
He just wants to play contrarian like the faggot that he is.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:22 AM 07-30-2020
Also, of course Marlon Humphrey voted Jackson. I bet every Raven did.

Just like every Chief voted Mahomes.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:41 AM 07-30-2020
I don’t think it’s racism because it’s a stupid popularity contest that has no long term effects on anyone. In my experience of talking about sports with others, many but not all black people favor a certain kind of athlete over others. It could be vice versa as well. Remember that reporter that got fired from ESPN a couple years ago for calling RG III a cornball brother? I don’t think they hate Pat I think they prefer Lamar because of his background and style of play.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:44 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I don’t think it’s racism because it’s a stupid popularity contest that has no long term effects on anyone. In my experience of talking about sports with others, many but not all black people favor a certain kind of athlete over others. It could be vice versa as well. Remember that reporter that got fired from ESPN a couple years ago for calling RG III a cornball brother? I don’t think they hate Pat I think they prefer Lamar because of his background and style of play.
Exactly. It’s just very strange bias. Not necessarily racism.

I don’t care what color any player is. Most of my favorite players ever are black.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:47 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Also, of course Marlon Humphrey voted Jackson. I bet every Raven did.

Just like every Chief voted Mahomes.
Well, yeah, but the Chiefs were doing the reasonable thing by voting for Mahomes.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:55 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I thought Twitter was a cesspool of political bullshit, but this thread is nuclear-grade stupidity:

*than
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:59 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
*than
Given that person's intelligence level, I'm surprised that he got three of the four letters right.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:04 AM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
*than
Also, are*
[Reply]
Page 27 of 31
« First < 172324252627 28293031 >
Up