ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky
kccrow 04:56 PM 03-04-2021
Meet your 2nd round pick boys.

Mel can put him in the 1st all he wants, it ain't happening.

His profile reads like the CB version of Willie Gay.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:26 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Sneed
Baker
Fenton
Ward
Keyes

Breeland can probably be brought back on a cheap 2 year deal.

I love this kid snd think he would be a great fit and has history with House...but I’m not sure about the ROI on him in the first or even mid second.

This is a very deep CB class where we are probably better served making another investment similar to the one with Sneed last year...but if he’s clearly the BPA when we pick, I’ll understand the pick and be excited.

Maybe re-sign Breeland and trade Ward...
We don't know what we have in Baker or Keyes, Fenton is really a role player, and Ward is probably too expensive to keep after this year.

If they decide to go CB in the first, there's a spot for him for sure.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:44 PM 03-09-2021
I have zero concerns about taking a chance in the 2nd. I'm having some serious concerns spending a 1st on him with his history. I'll trust Veach on that call if he makes it, but he's a long way from a guy I'd normally see as a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 AM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I have zero concerns about taking a chance in the 2nd. I'm having some serious concerns spending a 1st on him with his history. I'll trust Veach on that call if he makes it, but he's a long way from a guy I'd normally see as a 1st round pick.
If they're going CB in the first, there's certainly probably better options. I'm with you the Joseph is probably a 2nd round pick when it comes down to it.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:45 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If they're going CB in the first, there's certainly probably better options. I'm with you the Joseph is probably a 2nd round pick when it comes down to it.
Yep. If I were going CB in 1 it'd be Greg Newsome II.

Joseph had serious issues at LSU and they didn't seem to disappear at Kentucky.

Stoops comments at the end of his Kentucky tenure were less than glowing, basically downright saying the kid didn't want to play against South Carolina because he might get hurt.

The kid is ultra-talented, there's no doubt about it, but he'll have to be seriously vested by whoever drafts him. I just can't fathom a team taking that chance in round 1. Absolutely in round 2, if he checks enough boxes during the interview process. The concern is definitely Marcus Peters 2.0, or potentially worse.

If there's a regime that thinks they can fix players, it's this one, which is why I definitely could see him very much on Veach's radar. He isn't a 1st rounder though, no way. Too much baggage coming along for the ride.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:02 PM 03-10-2021
I agree on Newsome. I really like him a lot and would be fine with that pick.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:14 PM 03-10-2021
CB is exactly a position in which we should use a later pick. We've hit gold several times now with late picks that fit Spags' system. We're in decent shape in '21.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up