« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Khalen Saunders Thread*****
Dante84 08:37 PM 04-26-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
JPH83 01:58 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Turk still has a year left on his deal FYI
Ah my bad, thanks. I'd definitely prioritise Saunders over Nnadi. I think I remember seeing a decent collection of DTs in FA next year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:24 AM 10-05-2022
I've been a 99 fan since the day he was drafted, so no one is happier that he's playing as well as he is this season. He finally seems comfortable and Spags seems to be leaning on Khalen's strengths with some of these playcalls.

Though I miss seeing 99 in at MLB. That was good shit.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:44 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I've been a 99 fan since the day he was drafted, so no one is happier that he's playing as well as he is this season. He finally seems comfortable and Spags seems to be leaning on Khalen's strengths with some of these playcalls.

Though I miss seeing 99 in at MLB. That was good shit.
His coverage is excellent. I'd probably still like to see more in the run stuffing and pass rushing but I've obviously been spoiled by Jones.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:41 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
His coverage is excellent. I'd probably still like to see more in the run stuffing and pass rushing but I've obviously been spoiled by Jones.
Yeah, Saunders is never going to be a premier pass-rusher, I don't think. I think he might become effective in certain plays, but he's not going to just dominate like CJ does.

But he's got a decent feel for LB somehow. And pretty quick feet; he's deceptively quick and reads runs and screens pretty well.

And it's just a riot to see a 300-lb. LB standing behind the DL. That game, I think it was against LVR last season, when Spags put him in as MLB and he was so effective against the runs between the tackles that they stopped trying to run on us was just epic. Pretty sure he was just in because it was a blow out and Spags was trying to rest the starters, but 99 looked pretty good in that game.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:02 AM 10-05-2022
He's played well this season, and remained healthy which is the BIG improvement. May moar success be coming his way, about time.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:50 PM 10-11-2022
Anyone else notice the Raiders had much more trouble running when Saunders was in as opposed to Nnadi?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:54 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Anyone else notice the Raiders had much more trouble running when Saunders was in as opposed to Nnadi?
LVR was double teaming both our DTs when they ran the ball. Nnadi just got pushed backwards, while Saunders seems a lot more agile and tended to shed one of his blockers and then tried to make a play. But just being able to get off some of those double teams allowed him to fill the hole, usually forcing the runner outside.

Or so it seemed to me. But by the 2nd half I was 3 ranch waters in, so maybe I misremembered some of the 2nd half.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:04 PM 10-11-2022
I feel like Nnadi has always been solid but never made splash plays. I feel like Saunders is making those splash plays.

I don’t have a stat or anything to back that up. Just the eye test.

Really liking this big mother fucker.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:32 PM 10-11-2022
Over the last 2 years it has seemed like Nnadi hasn't played as well as he did his first 3 years. He hasn't been terrible, but the way he played to start his career you'd hope he would take a big step forward, but that hasn't seemed to happen.

Saunders on the other hand is playing way better than I could have imagined. He's been JAG these last few years, but now he looks like a legit run stuffing DT.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:16 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Over the last 2 years it has seemed like Nnadi hasn't played as well as he did his first 3 years. He hasn't been terrible, but the way he played to start his career you'd hope he would take a big step forward, but that hasn't seemed to happen.

Saunders on the other hand is playing way better than I could have imagined. He's been JAG these last few years, but now he looks like a legit run stuffing DT.
Nnadi is a great run stuffer. He would have been way more successful 20 years ago compared to today.

But Saunders is a way more athletic version of Nnadi. He’s just so quick for a guy that big. He really fills in nicely next to Chris Jones
[Reply]
JPH83 12:53 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nnadi is a great run stuffer. He would have been way more successful 20 years ago compared to today.

But Saunders is a way more athletic version of Nnadi. He’s just so quick for a guy that big. He really fills in nicely next to Chris Jones
I honestly don't think there's a single facet of the game that Nnadi excels at compared to Saunders now. 3 years ago I'd have agreed but now every time I see a guy get pushed yards off the line it's Nnadi.

I'd love to see the snap counts for Nnadi and Saunders flipped but I'm guessing with Wharton down we'll just see both loaded up a little more.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:40 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I honestly don't think there's a single facet of the game that Nnadi excels at compared to Saunders now. 3 years ago I'd have agreed but now every time I see a guy get pushed yards off the line it's Nnadi.

I'd love to see the snap counts for Nnadi and Saunders flipped but I'm guessing with Wharton down we'll just see both loaded up a little more.
This

Nnadi was really good in his first 2-3 years, but since then he's taken a big step back.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 01:42 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

This is the first season he hasn't been hurt!!!! He was always good....just always hurt!!!!!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:57 PM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I feel this is still a thing.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:58 PM 11-06-2022
He's good!
[Reply]
Page 23 of 31
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up