ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2645 of 3903
« First < 1645214525452595263526412642264326442645 264626472648264926552695274531453645 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 02:43 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Your state isn't densely packed so it's good to see that the numbers aren't exploding as they are in more densely populated areas.
I'll drink to that
[Reply]
petegz28 02:45 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
And we have the second highest rates per capita. Second only to Sweden.
Actually we are 9th and Sweden is 7th. If we exclude San Marino that would put things at 8th & 6th respectively with the UK, Spain, France and Italy all ahead of us.
[Reply]
sedated 02:51 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Actually we are 9th and Sweden is 7th. If we exclude San Marino that would put things at 8th & 6th respectively with the UK, Spain, France and Italy all ahead of us.
Does anyone have links/sources to back up their shit?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:56 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:01 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
There isn't any argument. And here's a quote from an expert:

“If you look at the curves of outbreaks, they go big peaks, and then come down. What we need to do is flatten that down,” Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told reporters Tuesday. “That would have less people infected. That would ultimately have less deaths. You do that by trying to interfere with the natural flow of the outbreak.”
:-)

Sure, We can now have "less deaths". What a cool new superpower. Why didn't we think of this before?
[Reply]
petegz28 03:02 PM 07-17-2020
I must correct myself as I thought he was referring to deaths. He appears to be referring to cases in which we are 12th in cases per 1M and Sweden is 18th.
[Reply]
Donger 03:06 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Sure, We can now have "less deaths". What a cool new superpower. Why didn't we think of this before?
I'm not following you.
[Reply]
petegz28 07-17-2020, 03:06 PM
This message has been deleted by petegz28. Reason: Pointless
petegz28 03:13 PM 07-17-2020

People do not want to accept the math. The area under the 2 curves we often refer to is the same.

The area is the amount of cases.

Flattening the curve was a strategy to prevent a run on the hospitals that would result in excessive deaths due to lack of resources.

The number of cases is still the same mathematically under both the sharp bell curve and the flattened bell curve.

This is not debatable unless math changed. Many, many, fine experts have stated the same amount of people are going to get the virus, we just needed to spread it out.

The only thing that would change that outcome is if at some point during the flattening we discovered a vaccine to prevent the spread.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:13 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'm not following you.
The only way we can come up with less deaths is to construct fairy tales that don't come true and then claim the measure taken saved us from the imaginary numbers made up.

What we were actually sold first was a lockdown to "slow the spread for 30 days" and delay infections for a bit to help out the hospitals.

Then...once they had us there the old bait and switch. Now we are saving lives! No explanation for how they are doing this or the proof of it has been presented as of yet.
[Reply]
eDave 03:14 PM 07-17-2020
The only way we can come up with less deaths is to construct fairy tales that don't come true and then claim the measure taken saved us from the imaginary numbers made up.

What we were actually sold first was a lockdown to "slow the spread for 30 days" and delay infections for a bit to help out the hospitals.

Then...once they had us there the old bait and switch. Now we are saving lives! No explanation for how they are doing this or the proof of it has been presented as of yet.
I'm not following you.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:16 PM 07-17-2020
I think Pete's using covidly. Not sure about chitown.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:17 PM 07-17-2020
People do not want to accept the math. The area under the 2 curves we often refer to is the same.

The area is the amount of cases.

Flattening the curve was a strategy to prevent a run on the hospitals that would result in excessive deaths due to lack of resources.

The number of cases is still the same mathematically under both the sharp bell curve and the flattened bell curve.

This is not debatable unless math changed. Many, many, fine experts have stated the same amount of people are going to get the virus, we just needed to spread it out.

The only thing that would change that outcome is if at some point during the flattening we discovered a vaccine to prevent the spread.

I will say Neil "200 million will die from bird flu" Ferguson did construct a huge science experiment.

He was going to save all of us...but if you read the fine print we would need to follow his medical dystopia for 18 months or more to achieve his dream of not flattening the curve, but magically defeating the virus. We would just have to burn the village down to save it...
[Reply]
TLO 03:17 PM 07-17-2020
I'm not crying out "CONSPIRACY!!!1!" or anything resembling it - but a lot of places suck ass at reporting things accurately.

Here's an attempt to compare Day of Death (Houston) with Reported Death (Harris Cnty) Houston~50% of Harris Cnty Pop & ~62% of C19 Deaths.
-It gives a decent look at how C19 Deaths occurred much earlier than are being reported (most in June or before)@Hold2LLC @EthicalSkeptic pic.twitter.com/nG8iLqTt5v

— Dr. Chris Summers, Ed.D. (@summers_llm) July 17, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 03:18 PM 07-17-2020
Where's lewdog at? We need an update.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:19 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think Pete's using covidly. Not sure about chitown.
worldometers
[Reply]
Page 2645 of 3903
« First < 1645214525452595263526412642264326442645 264626472648264926552695274531453645 > Last »
Up