ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Salary Cap Question - Move Coming?
OnTheWarpath15 06:09 PM 10-09-2017
Anyone have an idea of how much cap space we had going into the weekend?

There's some speculation on Twitter that according to the NFLPA Report, the Chiefs have somehow lost around $8M in cap space today and are sitting at $3.5M

https://www.nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

Would suggest either an extension for someone or potentially a trade, right?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:13 PM 01-17-2018
I was in favor of releasing Bailey awhile ago, but I'd be surprised if the Chiefs started 2 rooks on the DL. I don't see Logan returning and he will be replaced with a drafted guy.

I'm in favor of seeing player like Tanoh and Murry prove themselves over keeping expensive brokedicks.

Draft some good players and don't panic if every single hole isn't filled in one offseason.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:31 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I was in favor of releasing Bailey awhile ago, but I'd be surprised if the Chiefs started 2 rooks on the DL. I don't see Logan returning and he will be replaced with a drafted guy.

I'm in favor of seeing player like Tanoh and Murry prove themselves over keeping expensive brokedicks.

Draft some good players and don't panic if every single hole isn't filled in one offseason.
Have Allen Bailey restructure.
Sign Mike Pennel for $5 million a year
Draft a DL

Probably the best route
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:42 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
They are the problem with the “talent level”. You gotta make the cuts to get better. No ****ing way should ford be on this team going forward.
Who are you targeting?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:02 PM 01-17-2018
I think some of you are underestimating the possible needs at DL.
Chris Jones just had surgery. It is hard to imagine that he will be back and 100% by the beginning of the season. Maybe by the middle of the season, MAYBE.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:03 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No, you're a ****ing moron. If you weren't such a butt****ing moron, I wouldn't tear apart your dumbass posts.

Dumb as ****, as usual

They're not changing shit, butt****
:-)
You aren't tearing apart anything. As usual you just argue for the sake of arguing.

Bailey and Ford are overpriced. We aren't desperate. They're expendable. Just because we may not change our scheme doesn't mean we shouldn't be. And despite your contrarian post there are several great schemes that are doable but will require changes to our front 7. There is nothing outrageous about anything I said.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:09 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You argue the poster more than anyone I've ever seen. JFC.

If you want to draft replacements and cut the fat from our defense, then I don't know why you're bitching about saying Bailey and Ford are expendable. Bailey is $8M and you acknowledged yourself we can keep RNR/Jenkins for well more than half that cap charge. And cutting Ford saves you $9M. With $20M you can find plenty of blue chip players. Or you can save it for later. Or you can buy plenty of depth. I don't care. but we don't need to be wasting that much money on these guys with our cap situation where it is. That makes them expendable.

I'm aware that D's mix it up. But you're crazy if you think unless we run a Ryan or a Lebeau defense that we won't need to change our front 7 to something more like a 4-3 base.
We only save $6M on the cap if we cut him.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:09 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
And replace him with who? Zombo? A rookie with 2 career sacks? A FA with no better sack numbers the last 2 years for twice the price?

A rookie with two sacks would probably be more successful than fords rookie year.

Zombie? :-). Please. That scrub needs cut also.

And why get a Scrub FA to replace a scrub bust?

Are those our only options?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:10 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Who are you targeting?

Von Miller
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:15 PM 01-17-2018
:-)
You aren't tearing apart anything. As usual you just argue for the sake of arguing .
More proof that you're fucking stupid, as if we needed more.

Bailey and Ford are overpriced. We aren't desperate. They're expendable. Just because we may not change our scheme doesn't mean we shouldn't be. And despite your contrarian post there are several great schemes that are doable but will require changes to our front 7. There is nothing outrageous about anything I said.
You're a fucking idiot.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:19 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
We only save $6M on the cap if we cut him.
A pretty large number for a defense that needs to consider significant changes. I'd rather he restructure for cheaper. It's not a kick in the dick to keep him. But he's expendable because it's not the end of the world if we don't have him. We lost him most of last year and it didn't hurt too badly.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:20 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
A rookie with two sacks would probably be more successful than fords rookie year.

Zombie? :-). Please. That scrub needs cut also.

And why get a Scrub FA to replace a scrub bust?

Are those our only options?
Its been well pointed out that replacing Fords estimated 10 or so sacks in a contract year with a FA will be far more expensive

Players in a contract year generally exceed their typical production, so keep him for cheap, let him ball out in hopes of a megadeal... THEN cut him loose

Some of you guys are wanting to gut this already struggling, depth starved defense

Keep Ford on his rookie deal, restructure Bailey > finding better, cheaper replacements all across the defense... this D cant be fixed in one offseason, so why try

Ride the horse until it dies, then eat it
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:21 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
More proof that you're ****ing stupid, as if we needed more.

You're a ****ing idiot.
Great substance. As always.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:23 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its been well pointed out that replacing Fords estimated 10 or so sacks in a contract year with a FA will be far more expensive

Players in a contract year generally exceed their typical production, so keep him for cheap, let him ball out in hopes of a megadeal... THEN cut him loose

Some of you guys are wanting to gut this already struggling, depth starved defense

Keep Ford on his rookie deal, restructure Bailey > finding better, cheaper replacements all across the defense... this D cant be fixed in one offseason, so why try

Fair enough. But I don’t like horse. Not tender enough.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:41 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

That's fair. The problem is because we think Sutton is staying we have limited options. Unless we think he's our guy for 5 years. Id rather commit to a scheme change, then start building toward that scheme now, not next year. It feels like we're preparing our defensive roster with our scheme on pause.
[Reply]
loce1959 06:42 PM 01-17-2018
Any idea as to when a move on Dee Ford has to place. Waiting for healing?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up