ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 177 of 205
« First < 77127167173174175176177 178179180181187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
DaneMcCloud 04:58 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Don't know? Don't care. Just stating the facts.
:-)
Pitt Gorilla 05:00 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So the Bucks forfeit and the owners shouldn't pay them for the game. It's really that simple.
How many posts did you have in this thread prior to today? Honest question.

It's shocking that the NBA doesn't simply act on your takes, Mr. Chiefs-won't-sniff-the-playoffs.
DJ's left nut 05:00 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nba-james-protest/no-fines-for-lebron-james-or-others-over-protest-nba-sources-say-idUSKBN0JN1TH20141209

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...brown-decision
And?

You see them trying to shut the league down?

Moreover, the decision not to indict wasn't about the Obama DOJ and the Garner thing I actually AGREE with them on. I said at the time that was a nasty one.

But it was a tee-shirt and a blurb on social media. Now they're looking to re-litigate it as part of an overarching indictment of an entire damn ideology (and administration specifically).

Yeah - clearly the same thing as boycotting a damn playoff game.
Sassy Squatch 05:00 PM 08-26-2020
Uchieffybugger may be an absolute idiot, but he's right about Mahomes and his involvement in all this.
DaneMcCloud 05:01 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Except that Ali would voice specific issues and propose action.
I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Ali said he wouldn't go to Vietnam and fight because he was a Conscientious Objector.

American professional athletes have been pleading for white police officers to stop unjustified killings of unarmed black men.

And if anyone can watch Doc Rivers' presser last night and feel nothing, well, there's the divide they've all been talking about for years.
DaneMcCloud 05:03 PM 08-26-2020
The Brewers are not taking the field tonight in protest

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...lake-shooting/

This isn't going to stop with the NBA
BigCatDaddy 05:05 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Brewers are not taking the field tonight in protest

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...lake-shooting/

This isn't going to stop with the NBA
About 500 people will give a shit they can't watch the Brewers on TV.
DaneMcCloud 05:06 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is heading the same way movies are heading. Marvel wants to push this pandering agenda in future movies, more and more people won’t watch. I believe the same thing will happen with football.
I've watched all 23 Marvels films in chronological order twice this summer and I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
displacedinMN 05:06 PM 08-26-2020
good. NBA is a shit league. No pay. End the league for the season.

Fall on the wrong sword.

Dude has 3 guns from police pointed at him and he refused to stop. Yes, it would have been better to tase him, but JUST FUCKING STOP.
-King- 05:07 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And?

You see them trying to shut the league down?

Moreover, the decision not to indict wasn't about the Obama DOJ and the Garner thing I actually AGREE with them on. I said at the time that was a nasty one.

But it was a tee-shirt and a blurb on social media. Now they're looking to re-litigate it as part of an overarching indictment of an entire damn ideology (and administration specifically).

Yeah - clearly the same thing as boycotting a damn playoff game.
You asked where were the calls for justice and I posted it. Now you're changing your argument. So yeah this might be the straw that broke the camel's back.
tk13 05:09 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
About 500 people will give a shit they can't watch the Brewers on TV.
This actually isn't accurate. The Brewers are like a top 5 team in local TV ratings. At least the last couple years. I have no idea about this year so far.
DJ's left nut 05:09 PM 08-26-2020
I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Ali said he wouldn't go to Vietnam and fight because he was a Conscientious Objector.

American professional athletes have been pleading for white police officers to stop unjustified killings of unarmed black men.

And if anyone can watch Doc Rivers' presser last night and feel nothing, well, there's the divide they've all been talking about for years.
Unlike Joe Biden, I don't see them as a monolith.

I LOVED listening to Boldin and Jenkins back when Kaepernick was doing his stupid bullshit. They were fascinating and provided a fair amount to think about. I haven't heard Rivers recently but he's spoken out in the past and I also like listening to him.

I don't mind messages I disagree with (because I do occasionally change my mind, or at least refine a stance) - I dislike shitty, unoriginal messengers who don't have anything of substance to actually add.

Anyone that defends Michael Brown - I'm out. Dude's dead because he's a moron. If you're a person that thinks holding him up as a problem in this country is worthwhile - you're the problem to me. I do see an issue w/ the Floyd killing and understand the anger but I have a real problem w/ those that will continue to stand idly by as their ideological counterparts burn cities to the ground and harm innocent people.

But when I start to hear the same tired shit about 'targeting blacks' when the police were called specifically because a man with an outstanding warrant for domestic violence and underaged sexual assault has taken a woman's keys, fought off 3 police officers, shrugged off a taser and is now reaching into his vehicle? GTFO with that noise...
staylor26 05:09 PM 08-26-2020
I've watched all 23 Marvels films in chronological order twice this summer and I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
I think he’s referring to things like Captain Marvel becoming the leader of the Avengers going forward and a gay superhero they’re introducing.

It doesn’t bother me at all though. Just continue to make great movies and I’m in.
Mecca 05:10 PM 08-26-2020
Apparently cause Thor was a girl in the comics for awhile or because they've changed a couple of things like Mary Janes race in Spiderman they are "woke". Don't let that stand in the way of their awesome movies though.
petegz28 05:10 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How many posts did you have in this thread prior to today? Honest question.

It's shocking that the NBA doesn't simply act on your takes, Mr. Chiefs-won't-sniff-the-playoffs.
How many times are you going to repeat your dumb shit? It's not an honest question. It's you being a dumb fuck because someone said something you don't like.
Page 177 of 205
« First < 77127167173174175176177 178179180181187 > Last »
Up