Page 18 of 68
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:44 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
His problem though is with the owner, how can a coach fix that?
By presenting himself as the guy who understands him and will fight for him, even if that means pushing back against the owner.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:45 PM 01-28-2021
I know everybody thinks it would be the Jets or the Dolphins, and I agree that they’re the only AFC teams to have a shot due to draft capital, but if he gets traded I think the most likely teams are Carolina, Washington, and Chicago.

It’s just so rare to see these kinds of trades happen in the same conference.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:46 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I know everybody thinks it would be the Jets or the Dolphins, and I agree that they’re the only AFC teams to have a shot due to draft capital, but if he gets traded I think the most likely teams are Carolina, Washington, and Chicago.

It’s just so rare to see these kinds of trades happen in the same conference.
I agree. If i had to pick a top 3, it's (in no particular order) Washington, Carolina and SF.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:52 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I agree. If i had to pick a top 3, it's (in no particular order) Washington, Carolina and SF.
Yea I forgot about SF. You can add them to that list as well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:52 PM 01-28-2021
By presenting himself as the guy who understands him and will fight for him, even if that means pushing back against the owner.
I doubt Culley has anything to say to Watson that could diffuse his anger towards McNair.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:55 PM 01-28-2021
Have you considered that maybe he's much better than what you think?
1-2 in the playoffs says otherwise. The one win was just three points. One of the losses he was spotted 24 pts in the first quarter.
[Reply]
el borracho 03:00 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Dolphins have cap space, #3 and #18 picks this year, they also have two picks the second round. And they could send Tua as part of the deal.

Miami would be scary with Watson, but if he's going to the AFC east I'm fine with it.
I would really enjoy watching the Patriots get their ass kicked for the remainder of Belichek's time as head coach.
[Reply]
TEX 03:11 PM 01-28-2021
We'll see. I'm thinking Culley will be able to relate to him and get him to buy in, coupled with the Texans desire to keep him. I can't imagine the Texans going down with out a fight on this one.

Secondly, any team that trades for him is crippling themselves for the next 3+ years as they won't have much draft capitol to build a team around him. That has to be heavily considered by both he and the team he's going to.

Getting yourself traded to say, the Jets, who then have to give up 3 1sts to get you means you're basically on the Texans all over again: a depleted roster that's limited in its ability to acquire talent.

Ideally he'd want to be traded to a team that's already stacked. The "just a QB away" guys. But who's that? The 49ers and....? Not many of those teams around. Maybe Washington.

TL;DR: The cost to trade for Watson will severely hinder the progression of any team he goes to, Houston wants to keep him and Culley may be able to placate him so he buys in. Considering those factors, the idea that Watson stays is still alive.
I get all that you're saying. However, the relationship between he and Cal McNair is fractured to the point of no return. He does not trust the man or the organization. He does not believe in the "Patriot Way" and he is surrounded by that in Houston. He does not like or trust Jack Easterby. Watson's own teammates have his back too and are saying publically they dont blame DeShaun for wanting out. Dude is gone.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:16 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
I get all that you're saying. However, the relationship between he and Cal McNair is fractured to the point of no return. He does not trust the man or the organization. He does not believe in the "Patriot Way" and he is surrounded by that in Houston. He does not like or trust Jack Easterby. Watson's own teammates have his back too and are saying publically they dont blame DeShaun for wanting out. Dude is gone.
Assuming he's gone, i'd rather see him in the NFC. The AFC is loaded with young talented guys. He could go to the AFC and be THE MAN in that conference within a season or two.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:19 PM 01-28-2021
Yea I forgot about SF. You can add them to that list as well.
49ers should trade HOU Jimmy, and give up 2 First Rounders and 2 2nd Rounders.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:20 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
49ers should trade HOU Jimmy, and give up 2 First Rounders and 2 2nd Rounders.
Im not sure the Texans could afford Grapes' contract. Isn't he due something like 27M this season compared to Deshaun's 10M?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:23 PM 01-28-2021
Im not sure the Texans could afford Grapes' contract. Isn't he due something like 27M this season compared to Deshaun's 10M?
Not sure, definitely just throwing shit against the wall without delving into the details.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:23 PM 01-28-2021

Panthers to be "aggressive" in pursuit of potential Deshaun Watson trade (per @RapSheet)https://t.co/2Igm5UqPHP pic.twitter.com/6wVtiPNzfP

— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) January 28, 2021

Gun to my head, this is where he ends up if traded.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 03:32 PM 01-28-2021

Gun to my head, this is where he ends up if traded.
That’s not a bad spot, that offense has a lot of talent at the skill positions, and Watson would be the only good young QB in that division. Would make a lot of sense.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:33 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Why would the Jags (who have the chance to draft the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, have a great cap situation, lots of draft ammo to work with, a solid young offensive group, etc.) trade that all away to get Watson??

I like Watson and he's a good young QB, but I think some of you are giving him way more credit than he deserves.

I don't even pick up the phone if I'm Jacksonville (or die laughing, not sure which).
OH Im definitely not one that overvalues Watson. I started the Watson isnt a top 10 QB thread, but Lawrence is just a prospect and Watson is an established young QB.

Andrew Luck was the same caliber prospect as T. Lawrence and Luck never even came close to living up to his potential. No one would take Luck over Watson(at least I don't think so anyway). Lucks the perfect example of how hit or miss QBs are.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 68
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up