Page 12 of 68
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:15 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
There's no way the GM can possibly fail harder than BOB.
:-)

NFL history is absolutely littered with trash GM's.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:18 AM 01-28-2021
So, I've read through the first couple pages of this thread and keep seeing 'don't trade to Donkos or Faiders'.

So why exactly don't we want him in the AFC West? Is anyone afraid of him? Does anyone think he's actually better than Mahomes??

He's already got a contract averaging about $40 mil. a year, and would cost MULTIPLE first round picks (3 or 4) and probably either additional draft capital or a combo of some young talent.

If Donks or Faid want to tie up that much of their cap in him and forfeit multiple high draft picks, then I'm all for it. I'd rather them do that than draft an elite young QB for cheap (if somehow they managed to back into one accidently).

Does anyone think the Faid or Donks are BETTER than KC with Watson at QB?

Besides, it makes the division more competitive as well (at least from a QB standpoint) and helps legitimize Mahomes even more for legacy purposes, as he would have to compete with Watson and Herbert twice a year, as opposed to the garbage that Brady went up against all those years in the AFC East.

It may make one of them better in the short term if they acquired him, but I think long term it would hurt them more because the bottom line is Watson is NOT better than Mahomes. He never will be. And he'll likely never have the ideal situation that Mahomes has no matter what they do out in Donko land or on the Strip.

I say 'bring em on' to the AFC West, if that's what he wants and one of those teams is willing to pay the ultimate price for him.

It'll make the Herschel Walker trade look like a pleasant memory for the Vikings.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:20 AM 01-28-2021
If I’m the Dolphins....I offer up #3 this year, #36 this year, a 2022 first round pick, a 2022 second round pick and Tua.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:20 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So, I've read through the first couple pages of this thread and keep seeing 'don't trade to Donkos or Faiders'.

So why exactly don't we want him in the AFC West? Is anyone afraid of him? Does anyone think he's actually better than Mahomes??

He's already got a contract averaging about $40 mil. a year, and would cost MULTIPLE first round picks (3 or 4) and probably either additional draft capital or a combo of some young talent.

If Donks or Faid want to tie up that much of their cap in him and forfeit multiple high draft picks, then I'm all for it. I'd rather them do that than draft an elite young QB for cheap (if somehow they managed to back into one accidently).

Besides, it makes the division more competitive as well (at least from a QB standpoint) and helps legitimize Mahomes even more for legacy purposes, as he would have to compete with Watson and Herbert twice a year, as opposed to the garbage that Brady went up against all those years in the AFC East.

It may make one of them better in the short term if they acquired him, but I think long term it would hurt them more because the bottom line is Watson is NOT better than Mahomes. He never will be. And he'll likely never have the ideal situation that Mahomes has no matter what they do out in Donko land or on the Strip.

I say 'bring em on' to the AFC West, if that's what he wants and one of those teams is willing to pay the ultimate price for him.

It'll make the Herschel Walker trade look like a pleasant memory for the Vikings.
Because to be honest, not having another top of the line QB in the division makes a path to the SB easier, a huge reason Brady won so much is his trash division.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:20 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

After a trade, his contract isn’t that bad
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11:24 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
You're nuts if you don't think it's going to take at the very least 3 first round picks to trade for one of the best QBs in the league.
They already traded a top receiver for a second round pick, they're not exactly making Einstein decisions. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 11:24 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
They already traded a top receiver for a second round pick, they're not exactly making Einstein decisions. :-)
Well the guy that made that trade is gone though.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:27 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
49ers
Bosa + 2 firsts?

They have a ton of talent at the skill positions and would still have a decent defense-even without Bosa.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:28 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Bosa + 2 firsts?

They have a ton of talent at the skill positions and would still have a decent defense-even without Bosa.
They would be stupid to give up Bosa. They could keep him and trade for Stafford.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Bosa + 2 firsts?

I wouldn't move Bosa, I'd offer 3 ones before that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:39 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If I’m the Dolphins....I offer up #3 this year, #36 this year, a 2022 first round pick, a 2022 second round pick and Tua.
I get it, but I don't know. That's a ton. #3 is an impact player. Is Watson worth more than Tua and Smith? Maybe. You'd have to be convinced that Tua isn't going to develop.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:40 AM 01-28-2021
I wouldn't move Bosa, I'd offer 3 ones before that.
Man, I wouldn't either. He's one of the few in the NFL I wouldn't trade.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:40 AM 01-28-2021
Well the guy that made that trade is gone though.
Im not so sure he was the driving force though. That may have been Easterby's doing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:41 AM 01-28-2021
49ers will get either Watson or Stafford, no doubt in my mind. That's a team that can afford to trade draft assets for one of these guys as the roster doesn't need the draft capital to rebuild.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:44 AM 01-28-2021
Because to be honest, not having another top of the line QB in the division makes a path to the SB easier, a huge reason Brady won so much is his trash division.
I get that, but that 'trash division' is also one of the biggest knocks on Brady and his legacy (well, you 6-0'd the AFC East every year into a Top seed).

And with the first round bye being reduced to just one team now and then ZERO first round byes in the near future (when they add an 8th playoff team in each conference, which will be happening), then regular season success becomes a lot less meaningful with every playoff team basically having to play the same amount of games and win the same number to get to the Super Bowl. Which will be the reality at some point.

So then it becomes nothing more than being the best in the playoffs, which Mahomes has shown he can do. Watson has not, Jackson has not, Allen won 2 games this year but did not look impressive in doing so. So I don't see anyone of the young QB's in the AFC upending Mahomes if the playoff format changes (at least, not on a consistent basis). Yeah, someone might get him every once in a while, I mean, he can't win EVERY playoff game against the other young stud QB's, but if he is who we all believe him to be, he will come out on top the majority of the time. Just like Brady always seemed to shine in the playoffs against his elite contemporaries (Manning, Rape, etc.).

I get what you're saying about it being an easier path and their is certainly some truth to that, but I just don't think the Chiefs should be concerned long term with a Watson led Donko team or Faider team. Yeah, they'll be better, but they're still not the CHiefs, with our coaching situation, front office situation, the young GOAT QB situation, etc.

I guess I'm not really concerned about it either way. If it doesn't happen, that's fine. But if it does? Meh. I say 'bring it on'.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 68
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up