ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Saints WR Michael Thomas is very sensitive
staylor26 06:29 PM 05-18-2020

All Parker did was answer the question
[Reply]
Mecca 08:11 AM 06-04-2020
[Aaron Rodgers] A few years ago we were criticized for locking arms in solidarity before the game. It has NEVER been about an anthem or a flag. Not then. Not now. Listen with an open heart, let’s educate ourselves, and then turn word and thought into action.

Yet Aaron Rodgers a dude who everyone seems to not like, understands the issue and how to answer the question appropriately.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:17 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
If it provides an earthquake to the white centric America world then it will always be vilified. Now get this Dc outta here
How exactly do you propose to keep politics out of a discussion of players kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality?
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:27 AM 06-04-2020
Brees apologizes: 'Completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing'

Originally Posted by :
New Orleans Saints quarterback apologized on Thursday following backlash to his comments "that kneeling during the playing of the national anthem is a sign of disrespect."

"I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused," Brees wrote on Instagram.

"In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character. This is where I stand:

"I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference. I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.

"I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community. I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement. I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.

"I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy.

"I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.

"For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness."

[Reply]
Msmith 10:27 AM 06-04-2020
The forums of both teams, the Falcons and the Panthers, locked the threads about Brees' comments right away. It seems that they don't want their fans to talk about it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:33 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
[Aaron Rodgers] A few years ago we were criticized for locking arms in solidarity before the game. It has NEVER been about an anthem or a flag. Not then. Not now. Listen with an open heart, let’s educate ourselves, and then turn word and thought into action.

Yet Aaron Rodgers a dude who everyone seems to not like, understands the issue and how to answer the question appropriately.
Being hard headed doesn’t make you a bad person though. Rodgers is just better at being PC.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:37 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Being hard headed doesn’t make you a bad person though. Rodgers is just better at being PC.
Maybe so but you do have to understand when giving a PC answer is the right thing to do.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:43 AM 06-04-2020
“It’s never been about the anthem or flag”... so why not kneel during the coin toss? On the first play on offense?

During a 3+ hour football game why kneel during the two minutes when the focus IS on the anthem and flag if “it’s never been about the flag”?

Also let’s flash back to what LeBron James said three years ago about why NBA players don’t take a knee during the National Anthem...

Originally Posted by :
When LeBron James voiced his opinion on the topic of anthem kneeling last month, saying “My voice and what I do in my community is more powerful than getting on a knee”

[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:53 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Probably not really a Bucs fan. Must be a Tom Brady fan boy.
You might want to check yourself.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:53 AM 06-04-2020
It’s clearly about the flag. Rodgers is wrong. “Life, liberty and justice for all”. Kaepernick and the BLM movement is about the black community not receiving those things, whether you agree with it or not.

That’s why they kneel during the anthem. That and the attention it brings
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:56 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I can't imagine he's actually that stupid.

On a related note, it's interesting to see him post in the lounge. I think he spends most of his time on the DC side.
Idk. This is close enough for me.

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The point is, whether you or he realize it, the flag and the anthem represents all those people, all the institutions, all the ideals, all the history.

He didn't think about the breadth of his target when he chose it, just the profile of his act.

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:04 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s clearly about the flag. Rodgers is wrong. “Life, liberty and justice for all”. Kaepernick and the BLM movement is about the black community not receiving those things, whether you agree with it or not.

That’s why they kneel during the anthem. That and the attention it brings
Correct and that’s why NBA players... in supposedly the most “woke” sports league do NOT kneel during the anthem.

They do not want to make their message about the flag/anthem.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:04 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Idk. This is close enough for me.
That's because you are an idiot.

'All of it' 'all institutions' 'all ideals' 'all history' everything that unites us.

"He means just cops."

- Do better, I believe you can.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:09 AM 06-04-2020
This is gonna sound bad but a lot of this is going to be about how he plays. His biggest issue is that he offended guys on his team. If he plays well they'll get over it for the most part because winning.

But lets not forget this is a guy who basically looked washed at the end of last year and he's 41. If he goes out there and he's not good anymore or he's just ok...then it will be worse. Guys won't give a fuck at that point.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:34 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That's because you are an idiot.

'All of it' 'all institutions' 'all ideals' 'all history' everything that unites us.

"He means just cops."

- Do better, I believe you can.
:-) Don't get mad at me, bro. You're the one who said it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:40 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
:-) Don't get mad at me, bro. You're the one who said it.
Maybe I overestimated you.

Apologies, idiot.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up