ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 144
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
carcosa 05:04 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Travis Etienne staying at Clemson
Perfect thread for this post, thanks!
[Reply]
carcosa 05:06 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
God damn you like moving the goalposts. Believe me, we’ve been there as a team too. You have the equivalent of Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles. Been there, done that. Spoiler alert.... you lose to the elite quarterback.
Yip, and this is why I was trying to help them manage their expectations. We know exactly what they're getting into...
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:10 PM 01-17-2020
Matt "Midnight Hour" Moore is sick. We're going to lose.
[Reply]
Callidus 05:14 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Evans and Ryan would also be a big losses for them.

But like I said, I'd be shocked if any of those guys miss. Maybe Hollister but that's probably it.
Hollister wouldn't play even if he was healthy.
[Reply]
Callidus 05:20 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This is also part of the problem for TEN. The Titans defense doesn't generate a lot of pressure with their down four DL. In fact, they rank near the bottom of the league in QB knockdowns (31st), QB knockdown % (32nd), Pressures( 17th), pressure % (24rd), etc.

For TEN to generate pressure and a pass rush they have to send extra defenders. While covering Kelce (needs to be doubled even with a tweaked hammy), and Hill. So single up Watkins? LB on Damien? Hardman? That's 7 defenders to cover our five receivers. On just about every single snap. Can the TEN DL generate a consistent rush? If they can't, Pat will dice your defense up quickly. And on Sunday, Pat will be able to run as well.

Good luck with that.
Half true. We do not blitz much. It is more about wierd looks and who we send and when than blitzing that works for us. You are 100% right that our pass rush is nothing special. We have said it all year on our board. The only guy who has been good as year is Landry and he hasnt had a sack in 4 weeks I believe.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:24 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Callidus:
Half true. We do not blitz much. It is more about wierd looks and who we send and when than blitzing that works for us. You are 100% right that our pass rush is nothing special. We have said it all year on our board. The only guy who has been good as year is Landry and he hasnt had a sack in 4 weeks I believe.
Which half isn't true then?
[Reply]
Callidus 05:26 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
God damn you like moving the goalposts. Believe me, we’ve been there as a team too. You have the equivalent of Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles. Been there, done that. Spoiler alert.... you lose to the elite quarterback.
curious how this is moving the goalposts...
I corrected the other titans fan. And said our redzone d was crap before the playoffs where it has been good but that is only 2 games. Then you compaired tanny and henry to your old scat back and alex smith?

We all know that is a joke. I wont even get into the running backs but saying tanny is anything like Smith is past laughable. Tanny is averaging over 9 yarda a attempt. That is the opposite of Smith even if they are both game managers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:27 PM 01-17-2020
Cameron Wake going down has done a number on Landry. He's a nice technical rusher (loved him out of BC) but he's not dynamic or explosive enough to be the center of attention and still do damage without a viable complementary pass rusher.

Casey's your only shot. He needs to have the game of his life and absolutely rape faces on the interior. If he can turn back the clock to his early/mid 20s when he was capable of 8-10 sack seasons, he can be the monkey in the wrench, so to speak...
[Reply]
Callidus 05:29 PM 01-17-2020
Which half isn't true then?
The we need 2 blitz part. We don't generate much more if we send four or six. We tend 2 do better sending four. Like I said our pressure comes from scheme not blitzing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:33 PM 01-17-2020
The we need 2 blitz part. We don't generate much if we send four or six. We tend 2 do better sending four. Like I said our pressure comes from scheme not blitzing.
Hmm. Against our depleted OL (at one point 4/5 starters were injured/not on the field. We got two back before the end of the game) in the regular season match-up, your DL only manged to sack Pat twice.

Against the Patriots your DL managed ZERO sacks.

Unlikely your down four can generate enough pressure to make Pat miss a bunch of throws.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:47 PM 01-17-2020
curious how this is moving the goalposts...

I corrected the other titans fan. And said our redzone d was crap before the playoffs where it has been good but that is only 2 games. Then you compaired tanny and henry to your old scat back and alex smith?

We all know that is a joke. I wont even get into the running backs but saying tanny is anything like Smith is past laughable. Tanny is averaging over 9 yarda a attempt. That is the opposite of Smith even if they are both game managers.

Tannehill has a strong Alex Smith smell, circa 2017, when he leaned on a strong running game led by the NFL leading rusher and a dynamic playmaking receiver to pump up his YPA (8.6 that year).

Jamaal Charles was a lot more than a scat back in 2013. He was a dynamic dual threat RB who averaged 5 YPC while piling up 1900 total yards from scrimmage and 19 TDs. He was legit great that year.
[Reply]
Callidus 05:52 PM 01-17-2020
Hmm. Against our depleted OL (at one point 4/5 starters were injured/not on the field. We got two back before the end of the game) in the regular season match-up, your DL only manged to sack Pat twice.

Against the Patriots your DL managed ZERO sacks.

Unlikely your down four can generate enough pressure to make Pat miss a bunch of throws.
Let me try this again. I am not saying our pass rush is good. All I am saying is that we are as good with 4 guys as if we were sending more. Our pressure comes from confusion. Not saying it will work or wont. Just that us sending 5, 6 or even 7 guys is not how we do it most of the time.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05:55 PM 01-17-2020
Absolutely loved the end of Travis Kelce's interview today.

" Just gettin' (Andy to the Super Bowl) isn't the goal. Winning this thing for him is. I'll leave it at that."

*mike drop*

:-)
[Reply]
Callidus 05:59 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Tannehill has a strong Alex Smith smell, circa 2017, when he leaned on a strong running game led by the NFL leading rusher and a dynamic playmaking receiver to pump up his YPA (8.6 that year).

Jamaal Charles was a lot more than a scat back in 2013. He was a dynamic dual threat RB who averaged 5 YPC while piling up 1900 total yards from scrimmage and 19 TDs. He was legit great that year.
I am not saying tanny is a game breaker but he is alex with a big arm at worst. And charles was a great all around back but he is not even near as scary as Henry. Henry might not be the all around back but he decimates and demoralized teams for half the year. Charles got it done no doubt. But no1 thought he would single handedly beat them.

Side note: sorry about the mass of posts in a row by me. Was just catching up to the stuff since I went to work. Don't know you forums stance on this. In the future I will put multiple quotes and responses in one comment ifnthat is how you prefer it. Just let me know.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:59 PM 01-17-2020
Hollister wouldn't play even if he was healthy.
They won't throw the ball anyway.

They'll be running Henry down by 3 scores in the 4th.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 144
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Up