ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 103
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:39 AM 04-28-2019
I like seeing highlights - backed up with scouting reports - that show him snatching with his hands. He doesn’t let the ball get to his body, and I dig that.

The speed and acceleration and ability to make subtle moves without losing speed are exciting. That’s the type of stuff that Hill can do (and if we want another reference point, it does remind me of Jeremy Marlin early in his career, when he was really successful in this offense).

WRs with those skills can usually separate well, and that’s important here.

If they can work Hardman in early and show he is capable of taking the top off the defense, it helps the offense recover from the loss of Hill.

I was team Campbell early (really wanted one of him, Hardman, or Isabella), but I see how the Chiefs and Reid thought Hardman was a better and more valuable fit.

I don’t think he’s just a gadget guy like Thomas. He’ll be a legit WR.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:42 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Yeah but how hard can it be if Hill caught on?
From what I understand, Hill's football IQ is off the charts. Dude sees the field like a QB and knows every route of every play for every position. He can flex wide, line up inside, carry or catch the ball out of the backfield...

Just because he's made some mistakes doesn't mean the man is Gronkdumb.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:42 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Well, he was right there in plain site, they went over him.

Campbell was the better fit for our team, NOW with the Hill situation.

More complete player vs A Speedy Project (keep in mind only a .03 difference in speed!)

It was a reach, Hardman was at best a 4th rd selection.
Yea you nailed it, thats why multiple teams were trying like hell to trade up to pick him.

:-)
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:56 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Well, he was right there in plain site, they went over him.

Campbell was the better fit for our team, NOW with the Hill situation.

More complete player vs A Speedy Project (keep in mind only a .03 difference in speed!)

It was a reach, Hardman was at best a 4th rd selection.
I'm surprised CHunt hasn't offered you the GM job. Clearly you know better than our scouts, current GM, and offensive guru HC. Guess it's only a matter of time before they give you a call?
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:00 AM 04-28-2019
Plain site all right, Roy.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:05 AM 04-28-2019
Been snooping around on Twitter, found multiple CFB/SEC guys talking about how they love this fit for Hardman. General consensus seemed to be that the guy has only played the position for 2 years and did so in a run heavy offense, but has the physical tools to be a great NFL receiver.

Feels like he landed in the best spot to reach that high ceiling he has, much like Mahomes did.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:09 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by neech:
I'd like to see a video of Hardman when he gets handed Reid's playbook with all that complex terminology and two inches thick. I imagine he would have a WTF did I get myself into face expression.

He will do more studying after college then he did when he was in it.
:-) There are a lot of players in the NFL that are not the sharpest tool in the shed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Been snooping around on Twitter, found multiple CFB/SEC guys talking about how they love this fit for Hardman. General consensus seemed to be that the guy has only played the position for 2 years and did so in a run heavy offense, but has the physical tools to be a great NFL receiver.

Feels like he landed in the best spot to reach that high ceiling he has, much like Mahomes did.
Every receiver in the draft would want to have Mahomes throwing them the ball. Thats kind of a given.
[Reply]
Chargem 08:14 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I can't find it now but someone posted a draft network article about Hardman's intelligence at manipulating defenders, was very good reading.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:18 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I really like Mecole, even if I still think he maybe went a bit above his slot. I think Andy had quite a few double gadget plays for Tyreek and DAT last year that got benched when DAT broke his leg, I think Darwin and Mecole double gadget plays could be extremely fun.
I mean I thought he went high, too. I was confused that they traded up to take a guy I was sure would be at 61. Then I'm like, who knows more? Chiefs scouts and GM or the guy who runs Walter Football?

Remember when we thought the trade up for Mahomes was unnecessary? Clearly it wasn't. Then again I don't buy that anyone was drafting Speaks ahead of us.

Who knows. I just am glad they did what they needed to to get the WR they liked best.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:18 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Every receiver in the draft would want to have Mahomes throwing them the ball. Thats kind of a given.
Well, yeah, but a guy with Hardman’s skill set actually needs a strong armed QB to reach his full potential. Teams wouldn’t have to respect his strongest skill, speed, nearly as much if the QB wasn’t capable of hitting him from anywhere on the field.

The fit was more critical for Hardman than someone who’s game isn’t built on winning over the top.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:21 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I can't find it now but someone posted a draft network article about Hardman's intelligence at manipulating defenders, was very good reading.
In high school he played QB (though out of the Wing T) and a little bit of safety, and then Georgia tried to get him to play CB when he arrived. So the guy probably has a decent understanding of the game beyond just being a basic speed guy.
[Reply]
farmerchief 08:24 AM 04-28-2019
Wow, I come to this thread expecting to read all the info available on Hardman, and the thread is stuffed with Hill information, he said, she said, brook said. Jeez, dont we have enough threads on Hills situation, cant we read about our new selection?????
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:27 AM 04-28-2019
I don't even know if speed is his best attribute per se. Like I'd say DK Metcalf's best attribute is straight ahead speed but Hardman's best attribute seems to be precisely what will be DK's worst...and that is keeping his speed while running routes. Hardman's film pops in that he makes a cut at full speed and DBs have an extremely hard time keeping up with him.

Does he have any injury history? His legs remind me of Moss or DJax where running at that speed is easy for them.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:08 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
Wow, I come to this thread expecting to read all the info available on Hardman, and the thread is stuffed with Hill information, he said, she said, brook said. Jeez, dont we have enough threads on Hills situation, cant we read about our new selection?????
Antifreeze. Drink it.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 103
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up