ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2473 of 4827
« First < 1473197323732423246324692470247124722473 247424752476247724832523257329733473 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:00 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
And that's pretty much the idea.. if you're going to win the division, you can try to contain the Chiefs at this point, but you're better suited trying to keep it close in a shootout.

Elway drafted (apparently) through the lens of him being a QB and what would he want. So, I'm not going to fault it at this point. Especially since Cushenberry still fell their way.

I feared them losing out on an OT and a starting C and for whatever reasons, Cush was destined to stick around until they pulled the trigger and I'm very happy about that selection.

I think if Wirfs had made it to 15, that was their pick and they were hoping Hamler would be there, so they decided to go with the WR duo and see what happens with OT/C.

Again, Denver had a number of holes to fill and I think they had a pretty good draft.

Lock, Sutton, Lindsay/Gordon, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler/Hamilton/Albert O... those are some nice weapons.

Their OL will be better than last year and they didn't look as bad when Lock started playing. That's not to say it's fixed, Bolles is still a liability. But again, you can't fix it all in one draft or offseason.

I like their DL, secondary and linebackers - the defense should be at worst just as good as they finished and at best, improved - esp when you consider Chubb missed most of 2019.

They have a young nucleus with a lot of great upside, should easily contend for the 2nd place spot in the division and be a possible WC entry.

That's all I'm looking for in 2020... consistent improvement, score 7 more points a game on offense and be aggressive.
The thing about Denver trying to get into a shootout with KC and draft to replicate their offense.

Lock < Mahomes
Fant < Kelce
Jeudy < Cheetah
Sutton < Watkins
Hamler < Hardman

Not a great formula for the Broncos. There will be some entertaining games in the next few years for sure though.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:05 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
The thing about Denver trying to get into a shootout with KC and draft to replicate their offense.

Lock < Mahomes
Fant < Kelce
Jeudy < Cheetah
Sutton < Watkins
Hamler < Hardman

Not a great formula for the Broncos. There will be some entertaining games in the next few years for sure though.
It will be interesting... at seasons end, the WR comparisons will likely change as you have them now. The Broncos definitely have a better team today, so while that doesn’t mean they are equal to KC, they should put up a nice fight.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:11 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:

Lock < Mahomes
Fant < Kelce
Jeudy < Cheetah
Sutton < Watkins
Hamler < Hardman

The Chiefs have lost 8 games total with Mahomes. Only 3 of those games did they score less than 30, and 2 of those games had multiple injuries to key players.

The Chiefs with Mahomes have also never scored less than 30 points a game in the playoffs.

Like it or not, the Broncos along with the entire AFC has no choice but to score points if they want to have any shot at beating us.
[Reply]
TEX 08:14 AM 04-28-2020
It will be interesting... at seasons end, the WR comparisons will likely change as you have them now. The Broncos definitely have a better team today, so while that doesn’t mean they are equal to KC, they should put up a nice fight.
According to you though, they always have. Then last year happened...With you even chest pounding on the eve of their first meeting. :-)

Dont look now, but KC got better also...Oh noes!!!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:24 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
According to you though, they always have. Then last year happened...With you even chest pounding on the eve of their first meeting. :-)

Dont look now, but KC got better also...Oh noes!!!
And with each new season, I’ll continue to believe the best until the team proves otherwise. The Broncos are much better today than they have been in any season since 2016, I think even you can agree to that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:28 AM 04-28-2020
"Definitely?"

Aren't you the, "Well, nothing is definite until it happens!" guy?

How do you know the Broncos are better than last year?

We shall see...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:39 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
"Definitely?"

Aren't you the, "Well, nothing is definite until it happens!" guy?

How do you know the Broncos are better than last year?

We shall see...
Well, certainly... nothing matters until you see what happens on the field.

I look at the rookie WRs and Cushenberry as guys that will contribute quickly, with Jeudy and Cush being Day 1 starters. They'll most likely roll Sutton and Jeudy as the 1-2 WRs with Hamler as the slot guy, doing some return work.

Add in Glasgow on the line and that interior line is > than what they had in 2019, in my opinion. I believe Jeudy/Hamler are > Patrick & Hamilton. Who knows how they plan to use Albert O at TE, likely will see more action mid/late season once they've figured out what they want to do with Shurmur.

So, offensively - I think they're definitely better today. Through 16 games they averaged 17 PPG (pathetic). They had a 21+ PPG average in the games that Lock started, so right there you can see where they were improved with the change to the rookie.

Add in the new OC and the additional talent and I think they can avg 24-25 PPG which would put them in the top 9-12 teams, using 2019 as a comparison.

Defensively, they get Chubb back and they flipped CBs and should be getting the other CB back from missing all of 2019. I don't think the defense will fall off much from where they were, but I'm also not expecting them to vault into the top 5 - I think if they maintain what they were able to do last season, they'll be fine. And, a more consistent offense will help them as well.

So, sure - we shall see, but I don't think that means you can't say they're a better team today than they were at seasons end in 2019.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:53 AM 04-28-2020
"We'll see" means the team is well behind KC. There was much more bravado (and Denver fans on the board) before Mahomes.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:55 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
"We'll see" means the team is well behind KC. There was much more bravado (and Denver fans on the board) before Mahomes.
Dunno... I think I've used that for a while, but in regards to the bravado - sure, that became a bit more tempered after Manning and is firmly held in check until Denver breaks the streak.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:58 AM 04-28-2020
I'll just put down what Chris Simms said in his latest podcast when asked about the AFC West trying to emulate what the Chiefs do...

You don't beat the King at the King's game.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:02 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'll just put down what Chris Simms said in his latest podcast when asked about the AFC West trying to emulate what the Chiefs do...

You don't beat the King at the King's game.
Well, I guess we're just screwed then and it's Lombardi titles in KC for the next 18 years... dammit.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:04 AM 04-28-2020
Well, I guess we're just screwed then and it's Lombardi titles in KC for the next 18 years... dammit.
He basically just said that you need to find your own identity and trying to copy another team always leaves you behind.
[Reply]
TEX 09:05 AM 04-28-2020
And with each new season, I’ll continue to believe the best until the team proves otherwise. The Broncos are much better today than they have been in any season since 2016, I think even you can agree to that.
"We shall see."
[Reply]
TEX 09:20 AM 04-28-2020
Well, certainly... nothing matters until you see what happens on the field.

I look at the rookie WRs and Cushenberry as guys that will contribute quickly, with Jeudy and Cush being Day 1 starters. They'll most likely roll Sutton and Jeudy as the 1-2 WRs with Hamler as the slot guy, doing some return work.

Add in Glasgow on the line and that interior line is > than what they had in 2019, in my opinion. I believe Jeudy/Hamler are > Patrick & Hamilton. Who knows how they plan to use Albert O at TE, likely will see more action mid/late season once they've figured out what they want to do with Shurmur.

So, offensively - I think they're definitely better today. Through 16 games they averaged 17 PPG (pathetic). They had a 21+ PPG average in the games that Lock started, so right there you can see where they were improved with the change to the rookie.

Add in the new OC and the additional talent and I think they can avg 24-25 PPG which would put them in the top 9-12 teams, using 2019 as a comparison.

Defensively, they get Chubb back and they flipped CBs and should be getting the other CB back from missing all of 2019. I don't think the defense will fall off much from where they were, but I'm also not expecting them to vault into the top 5 - I think if they maintain what they were able to do last season, they'll be fine. And, a more consistent offense will help them as well.

So, sure - we shall see, but I don't think that means you can't say they're a better team today than they were at seasons end in 2019.
Your first sentence is all that matters.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:33 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He basically just said that you need to find your own identity and trying to copy another team always leaves you behind.
Possibly, we'll just see how it goes.
[Reply]
Page 2473 of 4827
« First < 1473197323732423246324692470247124722473 247424752476247724832523257329733473 > Last »
Up