ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 662
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124524 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:33 PM 10-23-2010
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
Because one is football and one is MMA??? What the fuck do they have to do with each other?

Brock is a lifetime wrestler who has the look of a wrestler on his feet. His stand up from his very first fight in the UFC against Heath Herring doesn't look any different than his stand up now. He's just never going to be very good on his feet. Some guys aren't. Sorry, that's how it is for some fighters in MMA. What part about that don't you get?
Athletics, improvement with coaching, etc. I don't see the comparison as completely dissimilar.

If you remember from previous MMA discussions, I am an admitted n00b. I respect your knowledge so I ask you things, even though you are patently abrasive in conversation. The "part I didn't get" was you making a claim and not bothering to substantiate it whatsoever. But you do somewhat in the post I am quoting now, so thank you. Your comments about how certain types of fighters not showing improvement, historically, (which I didn't know) is very interesting to me and gives some substantiation to your claim.
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:34 PM 10-23-2010
We've been through this. The difference is the ref made the right call tonight.

Second, Lesnar is done. He will never be champion again because he has been exposed. So suck it Lesnar fanboys. **** you bitches.
I like Brock, but i like Cain better. lol
[Reply]
pr_capone 12:17 AM 10-24-2010
TG. I agree with 90% of what you said about Lesnar. That said... the manner in which you make your point grates me to no fucking end.

You are an obnoxious know it all. People would be more inclined to listen to you if you weren't such a douchebag about your position. We understand that you have experience in this field. Your experience though does not entitle you to condescend every poster you disagree with.

Honestly, I wish you would :-)... or at least dial it back a bit.vb
[Reply]
Shogun 12:43 AM 10-24-2010
Originally Posted by Shogun:

And Cain is gonna whoop that ass on Saturday. :-)

Technique, Speed > Power
[Reply]
Over-Head 01:01 AM 10-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
Wow. He should be embarrassed after that gif. Back pedaling and flailing like a mother****er.
WWF flashback:-)
[Reply]
Shogun 01:02 AM 10-24-2010
Brock sure can 360...
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 01:06 AM 10-24-2010
Cecil Peoples is the worst judge in the history of ever. Holy fuck. I don't know how you can score that 30-27 Shields.
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 02:42 AM 10-24-2010

'Scuse me officer, I have a belt to lose...
[Reply]
Shogun 03:07 AM 10-24-2010
Undertaker getting interviewed by my buddy Ariel from MMA fanhouse. Great interview, Brock gets in his face.

[Reply]
Shogun 05:54 AM 10-24-2010

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:33 AM 10-24-2010
I don't give a **** who saw it coming.

If Carwin doesn't gas out this same shit happens last time. The only difference is this time, Herb Dean actually CALLED the fight like it should have been last time.

Brock is a 1 dimensional do nothing who will beat smaller guys who can't handle his shoot. But as Cain and Carwin have showed, if you nullify his shoot, he's a ****ing do nothing fighter. Why people had their lips attached to his nuts I have no idea.

And that sir, is the difference between a guy who knows MMA and new ****s who don't know shit, but want to suck a on a guy like Lesnar's nuts.
Where were you before the fights when I asked for a prediction from you. It's easy to say something after the fact.
[Reply]
Shogun 06:37 AM 10-24-2010

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:38 AM 10-24-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I don't watch MMA events hardly at all so this maybe a stupid question but does Cain have what it takes to be a dominant champ? He impressed me tonight but I noticed he has only 8 fights. Is that normal?
No, he doesn't. He isn't head and shoulders above the class the way GSP and Silva are their class. I actually think JDS has a better shot of realling off 3-4 title defenses then Cain does.
[Reply]
suds79 06:58 AM 10-24-2010
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
No, he doesn't. He isn't head and shoulders above the class the way GSP and Silva are their class. I actually think JDS has a better shot of realling off 3-4 title defenses then Cain does.
Probably true considering it's a sport where really nobody outside of the two you mentioned rallys off 3-4+ title defenses. Just takes 1 big shot.

But, I don't think there's a heavyweight with the all around tools as Cain and that's why I like his game. He can take the fight to where he needs it to be to favor him.

JDS has great, great hands. So Cain would be wise to take him down.
[Reply]
Shogun 07:39 AM 10-24-2010
Im picking Cain > JDS

If you want to know why I will explain
[Reply]
Page 24 of 662
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124524 > Last »
Up