ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 79
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
When we play Buffalo next time their safeties won't even be visible on the television.

Next year's offense will look like 2022 again.
2022? Fuck that shit. JuJu's knee creaking on every snap and leaking fluid between possessions. Mahomes ADoT plummeting.

We're going back to the 2021 offense MINIMUM.

I'd say split the difference between 2020 and 2021. Pringle and Robinson and no RB to speak of were a hard limit on that offense.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:54 PM 04-25-2024
Zay Flowers sent from 170 to 182 lbs in a few months before the combine. Worthy can do something similar

#Chiefs GM Brett Veach says the 175-180 pound mark is the ideal weight for new WR Xavier Worthy. Says he'll work with the nutrition staff to get there. Currently listed at 165.

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:58 PM 04-25-2024
If I trust Andy on anything, it’s helping a player bulk up.
[Reply]
Balto 10:58 PM 04-25-2024
In his rookie 2008 season, Jackson signed with the Eagles. As a rookie he recorded 1,448 all-purpose yards working as a receiver and punt returner.
The Eagles realized this small rookie's talent and set him up for the starting role.
In 2009, Jackson attained 1,734 all-purpose yards and 12 touchdowns. A crazy fast 4.35 40 yard dash, Jackson leaves defenders in the dust. You don't need to be big if you can outrun everybody.
Jackson is already a Pro Bowler, and he is just getting started.
In the next few years, Jackson could become the top receiver in the NFL, dominating defenses every single Game Day.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:58 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
2022? **** that shit. JuJu's knee creaking on every snap and leaking fluid between possessions. Mahomes ADoT plummeting.

We're going back to the 2021 offense MINIMUM.

I'd say split the difference between 2020 and 2021. Pringle and Robinson and no RB to speak of were a hard limit on that offense.
Teams will play 2 high safeties every game against us next year.

So there won't be many deep balls.

It will be Mahomes throwing to Kelce and Rice over and over with some Pacheco sprinkled in.

Hopefully we get some more bodies and load manage them right.

I expect ugly offense but efficient.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 PM 04-25-2024
:-)

Yea, the Chiefs got Hollywood and Worthy to just be decoys!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:02 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Hollywood is more than a decoy.

He is the "#1" but Kelce and Rice will be focal.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:02 PM 04-25-2024
Teams will play 2 high safeties every game against us next year.

So there won't be many deep balls.

It will be Mahomes throwing to Kelce and Rice over and over with some Pacheco sprinkled in.

Hopefully we get some more bodies and load manage them right.

I expect ugly offense but efficient.
I really don't understand this take. Why would it be ugly?
[Reply]
Balto 11:02 PM 04-25-2024
Attached: IMG_1363.jpg (76.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:04 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Zay Flowers sent from 170 to 182 lbs in a few months before the combine. Worthy can do something similar

Maybe. Some guys just seriously have a hard time gaining weight. Had a friend (nickname was "Bones") that played WR for the Wash U. football team. 6'2" 155 lbs as a freshman. Took him two years to put on 10 lbs. They had him eating 8 meals a day or something. He practically was eating every 90 minutes or so.

Not saying Worthy won't be able to do it, or that I don't believe he can do it. Just saying that some guy's metabolisms are spun up so fast that gaining weight is a real struggle. I really hope Worthy isn't like my friend.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:05 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I really don't understand this take. Why would it be ugly?
Just look at 2022 when Tyreek left.

We grabbed MVS as the vertical decoy (which I called at that time) and teams were still respecting that enough that Kelce and JuJu feasted.

Last year MVS was no longer given any respect and teams walked up and the offense crumbled. Mecole was added but he didn't scare anyone either.

With Hollywood and Worthy we now again threaten teams again deep so that everyone MUST play safeties back.

That will be a return to the 2022 style offense where its Kelce and Rice now dominating the middle of the field with way more space to operate.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:05 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Balto:
In his rookie 2008 season, Jackson signed with the Eagles. As a rookie he recorded 1,448 all-purpose yards working as a receiver and punt returner.
The Eagles realized this small rookie's talent and set him up for the starting role.
In 2009, Jackson attained 1,734 all-purpose yards and 12 touchdowns. A crazy fast 4.35 40 yard dash, Jackson leaves defenders in the dust. You don't need to be big if you can outrun everybody.
Jackson is already a Pro Bowler, and he is just getting started.
In the next few years, Jackson could become the top receiver in the NFL, dominating defenses every single Game Day.

Desean was a really smart football player, and by all accounts he was as intense and focused as they come. Worked his ass off from Day 1.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:06 PM 04-25-2024
2022 :-)

Rice, Hollywood, Worthy >>>> JuJu, MVS, Watson

This is a totally different group than we've ever had. There's no comparison.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:07 PM 04-25-2024
Just look at 2022 when Tyreek left.

We grabbed MVS as the vertical decoy (which I called at that time) and teams were still respecting that enough that Kelce and JuJu feasted.

Last year MVS was no longer given any respect and teams walked up and the offense crumbled. Mecole was added but he didn't scare anyone either.

With Hollywood and Worthy we now again threaten teams again deep so that everyone MUST play safeties back.

That will be a return to the 2022 style offense where its Kelce and Rice now dominating the middle of the field with way more space to operate.
The receivers we have now are better than 2022.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:08 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Buddy is having an all time meltdown since his guys are both still waiting to be drafted.

I have never seen a more pathetic fan. This team us won back-to-back Super Bowls and gets an eclectic WR and he’s mad.

This has to be a mult or troll account
[Reply]
Page 21 of 79
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up