ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 126
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:41 PM 03-27-2016
Just got back from it. I think i liked it...but i need to see it again. It def felt like a continuation from MOS and is not as bad as the critics say it is but it has its problems. There were some weird sequences as well that i was wondering wtf was going on. The last hour was pretty cool and i really liked Affleck as Batman. I think the actors were solid but it def was rushed throughout the movie. I was pretty surprised to see the end too.

There is room to improve for sure, they shouldn't have tried to squeeze SO much into one movie and the pacing was off for sure. If I had to give a score at this moment it's a 6.5/10 right now, i'm hoping i'll like it more the 2nd time when i pick up on whats going on.

Crowd seemed ok for it, but not hyped at all. Seemed like families and no fan boys at all.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:54 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You may be right, but it could just be the fact that he's next to Affleck often in this one and Affleck is a big motherfucker.
He was huge in this movie. Def looked the part.
[Reply]
RobBlake 08:04 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The B vs S fight was so cool.

Basically Batman used his wits and when Superman had no powers Batman stomped him.

But when Superman had his powers, Batman got his ass kicked hard
Snyder and the team got that sequence down reallly good and helps me believe in the standalone film with Ben and future justice league movies.

Batman is the greatest detective ever in the DC universe, so it stands only right that Batman has the ability to outwit Superman in super phases.. Superman has superhuman intelligence himself but his approaches to using that knowledge is different. I liken that to say a genius level IQ person doesn't necessarily know everything and catch everything right away.. everyone has their own strengths.

I personally then Henry and Ben have good chemistry.
[Reply]
RobBlake 08:06 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It did that a little too well for me. I was sitting there wishing I was watching the inevitable Batman backstory movie with the Joker and Robin references.
i feel like this will be answered in Suicide Squad.. as batman DOES make an appearance in that movie from what i've seen so far. There's so many characters involved already in this universe.. WB are def. playing catch up.

Let's not forget about the directors cut which is 30 mins longer and has an alternate ending.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:26 PM 03-27-2016
I liked it, but I wanted to like it more. My problem was that they just shoved SO MUCH into this movie that you could feel the various storylines were being rushed along. And I didn't like Lex. That's not saying Eisenberg did a bad job because he really didn't, I just didn't like this interpretation of Lex, even if it was Alexander Luthor.

Affleck was a solid surprise as Bats. Everyone played their roles well, for that matter. Especially like Irons as Alfred.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:11 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I liked it, but I wanted to like it more. My problem was that they just shoved SO MUCH into this movie that you could feel the various storylines were being rushed along. And I didn't like Lex. That's not saying Eisenberg did a bad job because he really didn't, I just didn't like this interpretation of Lex, even if it was Alexander Luthor.

Affleck was a solid surprise as Bats. Everyone played their roles well, for that matter. Especially like Irons as Alfred.
Lex was my problem too. If you watch the Social Network Jesse can be that asshole Lex. They didn't use him like that all...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:12 PM 03-27-2016
Some have complained that Cavill isnt a good Superman either. Doesn't have the charm like Reeves and comes off as a total bore and stiff...anyone agree or do they just not show enough of Superman's character

He looks the part but we haven't seen who Clark or Supes is other than a downer
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:46 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:

I didn't like Lex character either portrayed
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rasputin 10:53 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Some have complained that Cavill isnt a good Superman either. Doesn't have the charm like Reeves and comes off as a total bore and stiff...anyone agree or do they just not show enough of Superman's character

I think when he is Superman he is just fine but as Clark Kent he isn't a bumbling cluts like Reeves was knocking over pencils or bumping into chairs to act as if how could this guy be Superman as a cluts? Cavill just acts like a normal journalist with no quirks about him and that makes him lame.
[Reply]
pr_capone 11:00 PM 03-27-2016
I was pleasantly surprised with the movie and was wondering why it was criticized as much as it was. That is... until

Spoiler!

and made even worse when

Spoiler!

soooooooooooo stupid.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:30 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
I was pleasantly surprised with the movie and was wondering why it was criticized as much as it was. That is... until

Spoiler!

and made even worse when

Spoiler!

soooooooooooo stupid.

Another annoyance I had with the movie

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:23 AM 03-28-2016
I thought it was a good movie. Affleck was surprisingly really good as batman. The CGI for Doomsday was a bit much but the fight scene was epic. The actress who played Wonder Woman also killed it.

Definitely worth a watch. Not a great movie but definitely a good one. I don't understand all the bad reviews that it is getting.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:46 AM 03-28-2016
I will give Zack Snyder credit for

Spoiler!

And a question -

Spoiler!

[Reply]
-King- 01:09 AM 03-28-2016
Originally Posted by pr_capone:

Spoiler!

and made even worse when

Spoiler!

soooooooooooo stupid.
MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
[Reply]
-King- 01:10 AM 03-28-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:

I don't think Superman is supposed to be charming really. Just a guy trying to figure the world out.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 126
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113 > Last »
Up