ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 386
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:47 PM 08-14-2017
Also, what is an undead soldier going to convince Cersei of? She already has an undead guard at her side, whom a number of Dany's council have seen.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:49 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right, but if I was Dany, I still would have flown to the Red Keep and taken a lap. Just cause.
Cersei'd be like I want some BUTTS!!

[Reply]
vailpass 12:49 PM 08-14-2017
Cersei should have her armorers busy covering the entire castle wall and field with as many scorpions as they can make. A few hundred of those firing at the same time would knock those dragons out of the sky.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:52 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
It's inevitable that Arya kills Littlefinger. It'll just be interesting to see how much damage he does first. And how Sansa feels, since she just said they can't sentence any of those guys to death.
It is certainly not inevitable that Arya offs Baelish.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:12 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Also, what is an undead soldier going to convince Cersei of? She already has an undead guard at her side, whom a number of Dany's council have seen.

That whole plan to go north of the wall is just.. so absurd.

Cersei has no military might aside from her fractured Lannister army and Euron's armada. Like i said, Daenerys doesn't even need to sack the city. Just walk your horde of 100,000 Dothraki and three full-grown dragons to the gates of King's Landing and just threaten the guy's on the battlements. They will opens those fucking gates.

There is no real need to send basically everyone left in the story of importance on a suicide mission.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:16 PM 08-14-2017
When this plot leaked I was hoping they'd be able to sell it better on screen.

While my other skepticisms about S7 were taken care of through the storytelling, this one just doesn't jive. There are a myriad of other sensible solutions rather than going full Suicide Squad up north.

Ah well, I'll watch it anyway. I'll accept a weak S7 if they nail the final season, which they should have outlined from GRRM.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:19 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That whole plan to go north of the wall is just.. so absurd.

Cersei has no military might aside from her fractured Lannister army and Euron's armada. Like i said, Daenerys doesn't even need to sack the city. Just walk your horde of 100,000 Dothraki and three full-grown dragons to the gates of King's Landing and just threaten the guy's on the battlements. They will opens those fucking gates.

There is no real need to send basically everyone left in the story of importance on a suicide mission.
I brought that up to my wife last night. She should take her dragons and go burn down Euron and then take Kings Landing. Does she think that everyone is just going to suspend the war while this happens and then afterwards they'll go back to fighting?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:26 PM 08-14-2017
"That was only one of her dragons. She has two more."

I low key loved that scene. We know Bronn is going to take off at the nearest opportunity, especially now that Cersei may be gunning for him, and hopefully Jaime will as well.. before it's too late.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:29 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I brought that up to my wife last night. She should take her dragons and go burn down Euron and then take Kings Landing. Does she think that everyone is just going to suspend the war while this happens and then afterwards they'll go back to fighting?

Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
When this plot leaked I was hoping they'd be able to sell it better on screen.

While my other skepticisms about S7 were taken care of through the storytelling, this one just doesn't jive. There are a myriad of other sensible solutions rather than going full Suicide Squad up north.

Ah well, I'll watch it anyway. I'll accept a weak S7 if they nail the final season, which they should have outlined from GRRM.

It makes for good TV if you can turn your brain off. That's what I'm choosing to do. It's not as fluid as I'd have hoped it would be, but it's damn entertaining regardless.

Next week's episode looks fucking awesome!
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:36 PM 08-14-2017
It makes for good TV if you can turn your brain off. That's what I'm choosing to do. It's not as fluid as I'd have hoped it would be, but it's damn entertaining regardless.

Next week's episode looks fucking awesome!
Oh I'm doing the exact same thing. These are just minor inconveniences and I know that a normal thought process doesn't make for good TV.
[Reply]
Hawk 01:53 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Oh I'm doing the exact same thing. These are just minor inconveniences and I know that a normal thought process doesn't make for good TV.
I'm going to have to just gloss over all the inconsistencies to enjoy the final 8 episodes to the max extent possible. Once they departed completely from the books, the show runners have proven to be far more willing/prone to having these silly missions and plot holes that provide drama but don't always hold up to the kind of scrutiny that fans put onto this series. It is what it is, they are not GRRM when it comes to staying somewhat realistic and consistent within the framework of this fantasy world.

But I'll take it, I'm just glad we get an ending at all, because at this point I'll be fairly shocked if we ever actually get one from the books.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:11 PM 08-14-2017

Next week's episode looks ****ing awesome!
And to be honest, almost every exceptional show is guilty of this at times.

Seasons 4 and 5 of Breaking Bad featured every bit the narrative leaps in storytelling, and I still rank it along the greatest shows of all time.

Just stick the landing D&D and all will be forgiven.
[Reply]
RustShack 02:48 PM 08-14-2017
It's not that hard of a concept. Jon let the wildlings past the wall because he thinks they will need everyone to defeat the White Walkers. He went south to recruit Danny's army and dragon glass because he thinks he needs them to defeat the White Walkers. They want to recruit Cercie because they think it will take everyone to defeat the White Walkers. Danny also doesn't want to just turn her attention North because Euron and Jaime have already won two of the three battles against her.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:56 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
It's not that hard of a concept. Jon let the wildlings past the wall because he thinks they will need everyone to defeat the White Walkers. He went south to recruit Danny's army and dragon glass because he thinks he needs them to defeat the White Walkers. They want to recruit Cercie because they think it will take everyone to defeat the White Walkers. Danny also doesn't want to just turn her attention North because Euron and Jaime have already won two of the three battles against her.
So in the two months that it would take to go all the way to Eastwatch and then march a WW back to Cersei, why not...

Take Kingslanding, make Cersei bend the knee.

Then have Dany command all of Westeros to march to the Wall?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:41 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
So in the two months that it would take to go all the way to Eastwatch and then march a WW back to Cersei, why not...

Take Kingslanding, make Cersei bend the knee.

Then have Dany command all of Westeros to march to the Wall?

It's not that hard of a concept!
[Reply]
Page 70 of 386
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up