ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>HBO The Outsider
Talisman 01:02 PM 03-04-2020
Was it just me or did the whole "anything you see or hear, the creature sees and hears as well" thing come out of nowhere? I don't remember them talking about that before. How would she know that? It was obviously useful as a plot device in this episode, but seemed to come out of left field.
[Reply]
underEJ 02:36 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Talisman:
Was it just me or did the whole "anything you see or hear, the creature sees and hears as well" thing come out of nowhere? I don't remember them talking about that before. How would she know that? It was obviously useful as a plot device in this episode, but seemed to come out of left field.
That really seemed undeveloped. They mentioned it had recollection or something after transforming but have never said anything about a continued live feed from the real person until now. I also wonder about the control over the other cop. I get that it needed protection while transforming, but how long can it keep hold of him, or is he just in line for transformation next. Maybe I missed something on that one because I am definitely not riveted to every detail. They also made a pretty big point that they don't know how to kill it so I imagine we are in for another convenient information reveal that will annoy me.

I'm still watching because I like the actors, but the story is losing me.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:52 PM 03-05-2020
I think Holly realized it when the creature tried to get Hoskins to off her. Also, as viewers we saw it when the creature was constantly etching "Stop Her" on the back of Hoskins' hands. I believe Holly assumed if the creature can use Hoskins to "see" then it naturally has the same connection with whomever it copies.
[Reply]
Talisman 03:15 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I think Holly realized it when the creature tried to get Hoskins to off her. Also, as viewers we saw it when the creature was constantly etching "Stop Her" on the back of Hoskins' hands. I believe Holly assumed if the creature can use Hoskins to "see" then it naturally has the same connection with whomever it copies.
But Hoskins is under direct control of the creature, not the person who is being cloned.

It's also a bit weird to see the affect the "link" is having on the strip club guy (acting paranoid, throwing up) given that we didn't see any of that behavior from Jason Bateman's character when his copy was running around. He was going to conferences, baking pancakes and coaching baseball.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:42 PM 03-07-2020
But Hoskins is under direct control of the creature, not the person who is being cloned.
But like Hoskins, the person being cloned is still 'linked' to the creature through whatever DNA it uses from the scratch. Therefore, ability to see what the cloned person see is reasonably within the scope of creatures powers.

It's also a bit weird to see the affect the "link" is having on the strip club guy (acting paranoid, throwing up) given that we didn't see any of that behavior from Jason Bateman's character when his copy was running around. He was going to conferences, baking pancakes and coaching baseball.
The major difference there is the strip club guy is aware that the monster exists, has copied him and is in his head whereas Bateman's character was completely unaware anything like that happened to him. He STILL doesn't know.

So the strip club guy vomiting and being paranoid, I think, is moreso due to his own psychological reaction to KNOWING than any effect the creature is having on him.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:45 PM 03-08-2020
Wow, that really sucked.
[Reply]
Talisman 02:49 PM 03-04-2020
And they didn't even acknowledge that they were going to need to reheat lunch. That chicken place was over an hour away!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:05 PM 03-04-2020
That was a good episode.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:02 PM 03-05-2020
Fuck bro, spoiler tag that shit. ^^^
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:56 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Fuck bro, spoiler tag that shit. ^^^
Sorry ..wasn't sure if we did that still. I just avoid threads if I'm not caught up
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:35 AM 03-09-2020
Bummer..had potential
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:59 PM 03-09-2020
What did the PC scene mean?
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:00 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
What did the PC scene mean?
It was odd. Not sure when or she got scratched. Have to go back and watch it again. She said it takes an outsider tk know an outsider. They snuck somethin in there about Holly.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:44 PM 03-09-2020
Most disappointing finale since Game of Thrones.

What a fucking dud.
[Reply]
Talisman 07:14 AM 03-10-2020
I was falling asleep at the end. I know it's been a slow burn, but man, the ending just dragged out.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up