ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. [re-hired]
GloucesterChief 10:29 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Jacobins never learn...
People never learn. That is why one of the iron laws of life, particularly when it comes to society and power, is: Me Today, You Tomorrow.

People don't think when breaking societal mores that they just opened it up for their worst enemy in the world to now use that same thing against them.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:31 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
People never learn. That is why one of the iron laws of life, particularly when it comes to society and power, is: Me Today, You Tomorrow.

People don't think when breaking societal mores that they just opened it up for their worst enemy in the world to now use that same thing against them.

"What if this power was given to the worst possible person?" is something everyone should consider.
[Reply]
Sorce 10:53 AM 07-25-2018

Good job Disney for punishing someone for what they did a long time ago...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:41 PM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Sorce:

Good job Disney for punishing someone for what they did a long time ago...
You are citing a film from the 1940s which Disney doesn't distribute any more and a minor character from a 1971 animated movie. Gunn's sins were recently compared to those relics. Also, you are treating Disney as the decisions of one person instead of the conglomerate it has become. No one involved with those two projects are still with the company.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:04 AM 07-25-2018
^i still have that golden book at my parents home.
[Reply]
KC2004 03:04 PM 07-26-2018
My guess would be that if Gunn wasn't attached to direct the next installment of GOTG most of the fan boys that are throwing a fit and signing petitions wouldn't give a damn. Freedom of speech? Political stances? Right or wrong? Nah its just about don't mess up my franchise and you know it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:49 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by KC2004:
My guess would be that if Gunn wasn't attached to direct the next installment of GOTG most of the fan boys that are throwing a fit and signing petitions wouldn't give a damn. Freedom of speech? Political stances? Right or wrong? Nah its just about don't mess up my franchise and you know it.
That does seem to be the case.

I think bowser makes a fair point, though.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:33 PM 07-30-2018

[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:56 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I would imagine Disney will keep course. It would be interesting if they changed course though, to see if making that much money on a movie overrides bad PR in their minds.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:47 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I would imagine Disney will keep course. It would be interesting if they changed course though, to see if making that much money on a movie overrides bad PR in their minds.
I have a hard time believing that the majority of fans are upset about this enough to want Gunn fired. It'd be nice if a company would have the majority's back instead of appeasing the whiny minority who complains about every damn thing.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:04 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I have a hard time believing that the majority of fans are upset about this enough to want Gunn fired. It'd be nice if a company would have the majority's back instead of appeasing the whiny minority who complains about every damn thing.
Well, the tweets were public knowledge in 2012 when he apologized for them.

It's not like this is something we just found out about. It's just that right wing social justice warriors wanted some retribution for Gunn trolling Trump supporters and got some steam behind it.

If anyone actually cared about this, why weren't they bitching when he was hired?

I'm consistent. I'm sick of humorless cunts starting hate mobs to get people fired over jokes.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:23 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Well, the tweets were public knowledge in 2012 when he apologized for them.

It's not like this is something we just found out about. It's just that right wing social justice warriors wanted some retribution for Gunn trolling Trump supporters and got some steam behind it.

If anyone actually cared about this, why weren't they bitching when he was hired?

I'm consistent. I'm sick of humorless cunts starting hate mobs to get people fired over jokes.
I'm curious why you used the term trolling to describe Gunn's activities and hate mob to describe his repercussions.
For that matter, your calculus in using the term retribution instead of repercussion might be interesting as well.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:08 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
This seems like the first shot across the bow for the stars basically saying "No Gunn, no stars"

This is going to get interesting....
[Reply]
Frazod 10:17 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I must have missed the open letter from the cast of Roseanne, most of whom owe her their careers, thanking her for all she did for them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:34 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by :
"Given the growing political divide in this country, it's safe to say instances like this will continue, although we hope Americans from across the political spectrum can ease up on the character assassinations and stop weaponizing mob mentality."
Good luck with that. Every thing is perfectly acceptable as long as the person who made the comment has the same beliefs as you. America is fucked.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up