ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 57
« First < 2424849505152 53545556 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 07:39 AM 03-25-2024
Eh, whatever.

Florio being Florio.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:48 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I read this morning that Florio is now saying that the Chiefs should be penalized for violating the CBA because taking such little compensation implies that they never had any intentions of retaining Sneed. The CBA states that a good faith effort must be made to sign the player and that a player can't be tagged just for the intention of gaining compensation for said player.
Can you link that?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:49 AM 03-25-2024
I read this morning that Florio is now saying that the Chiefs should be penalized for violating the CBA because taking such little compensation implies that they never had any intentions of retaining Sneed. The CBA states that a good faith effort must be made to sign the player and that a player can't be tagged just for the intention of gaining compensation for said player.
Lol the league has much bigger issues at hand than the Chiefs helping a player get the most money he could get.

Florio only exists to babble about bullshit.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:51 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Can you link that?
if he does, don't post it. Don't give that miserable cuck any clicks.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:01 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Imagine how difficult it's going to be for Sneed to go from Mahomes to Levis , Andy Reid to Brian Callahan, Spags to Dennard Wilson etc. He got his money but I'd imagine that's all he's going to enjoy over the next couple of years.
He’s got 2 rings bud. That’s more than 98% of his peers outside of the Chiefs team ever see.

He’s not a Chiefs fan. He didn’t grow up here. I’m sure he’ll miss those guys but he just got a contract that guarantees him 11X what he made on his rookie contract.

We’d all do the same if we were him
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:02 AM 03-25-2024
If we’re going to start trying to gray area the franchise tag, just do away with it all together. Which I’m sure Florio would be all for. Nothing to see here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:03 AM 03-25-2024
Sneed's had some family hardships in recent years, too. If anybody deserves a fat wad of NFL guaranteed money, it's him.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:04 AM 03-25-2024
LOL imagine trying to police this.

"Good faith"? There's basically no way to punish someone for this unless it's incredibly obvious the player on the tag is getting screwed over. Which isn't the case with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:06 AM 03-25-2024
What a load of BS. Snead got the bag he wanted and somehow we are the bad guys? The transition tag is for this exact thing. Getting 2 picks is not nothing. What a moron.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:08 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s got 2 rings bud. That’s more than 98% of his peers outside of the Chiefs team ever see.

He’s not a Chiefs fan. He didn’t grow up here. I’m sure he’ll miss those guys but he just got a contract that guarantees him 11X what he made on his rookie contract.

We’d all do the same if we were him
We would all absolutely do the same. That doesn't mean it's going to suck less to lose.
[Reply]
Wallymo 08:09 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Me either. Every pick is crap shoot. Only way to know that is 3 years from now. They say that shit every year about some positions and then other positions they claim ots crap. Nobody knows shit.
I'm old enough to remember the experts proclaiming the 2017 draft as one of the worst in years for quarterbacks.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:14 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There's a middle ground here where one can understand today's value and what the actual pick will be next year.

For now, it's worth a 4th, because if we tried to use it to make a move this offseason, that's what the value is.

But yes, it's very likely going to be a top 75 pick, and people acting like that's nothing are being silly.
So basically if the Chiefs use that pick in a trade up scenario then it is only worth a 4th. But if they actually use the pick to draft a player at that spot next year, it is worth a 3rd. I'll bet they use it to draft a player.
[Reply]
O.city 08:16 AM 03-25-2024
I kinda wonder if they don't use it to trade for another current player. Is there a LT out there that may not end up getting paid?
[Reply]
Otter 08:21 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

Snead or Sneed?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:27 AM 03-25-2024
Just read the Titans have a bottom 5 win over/under for next season.

Really good chance that 3rd round pick is top 5.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 57
« First < 2424849505152 53545556 > Last »
Up