ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Cutting Cable.
Unsmooth-Moment 02:00 PM 01-03-2019
We have Youtube tv and like it! I do with it had HGTV and Food Network, but it's got everything else.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:32 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment:
We have Youtube tv and like it! I do with it had HGTV and Food Network, but it's got everything else.
I don't know what the PBS situation is in your area, but we have Create, which more than makes up for not having those two. The cooking shows are top notch, actually. My daughter loves America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Country.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:45 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment:
That's why my wife insisted on Hulu, cuz it has those, but no NFL network...which ain't that big of a deal, but the PSVue had it and it was nice, but their local chanel stream sucked bad. No problems with Hulu. Just no NFL network. Meh.
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:50 PM 01-03-2019
Do people have MLB games streaming on Reddit?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:19 PM 01-03-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Do people have MLB games streaming on Reddit?
Of course. Works just like NFL and all the other major sports.

http://reddit.com/r/mlbstreams/
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:01 AM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Of course. Works just like NFL and all the other major sports.

http://reddit.com/r/mlbstreams/
Guess I didn’t notice this.

Has anyone used these streams for Royals games?
How is the quality?
Are all Royals games streamed?
[Reply]
Fish 09:26 AM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Guess I didn’t notice this.

Has anyone used these streams for Royals games?
How is the quality?
Are all Royals games streamed?
Yes.
Usually 720p.
No.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:36 AM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yes.
Usually 720p.
No.
Thanks.

How many do you think get streamed? I usually catch probably 3/4’s of them.
[Reply]
tyton75 03:09 PM 01-03-2019
Google Fiber = $50 YoutubeTV = $40 which has unlimited DVR. Shared Netflix,Hulu and AmazonPrime subscriptions = approx $25

I got pissed at cable and ended up just buying a Roku for each TV that I wanted to watch TV on and cut the cord.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:19 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by tyton75:
Google Fiber = $50 YoutubeTV = $40 which has unlimited DVR.
I have been really happy with YoutubeTV. The quality has gone up in the last year or so.

Most of the sports are at 1080 or 720 at 60FPS. I really noticed when the the hockey games went from 30 to 60. And I don't get the glitches that I used to.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:29 PM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I have been really happy with YoutubeTV. The quality has gone up in the last year or so.

Most of the sports are at 1080 or 720 at 60FPS. I really noticed when the the hockey games went from 30 to 60. And I don't get the glitches that I used to.
My internet bill alone is 120 dollars....that's what happens when I have to have the 200 mbps down and the 50 bucks uncapped...comcast fucking asses man.
[Reply]
Renegade 04:13 PM 01-03-2019
So I am in the final stages of my house build. My intent is not to have dish (cable won't run where I will be).

What do I need to know? What is the best antenna? What other equipment will I need? I have been too dependent upon cable for too long.
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:54 PM 02-11-2019
We’re going with Hulu. YouTubetv doesn’t have the history channel.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:22 AM 02-12-2019
Yeah, I have had nothing but trouble with Hulu. And this is a trial. Not looking good for them. I actually downloaded the app last night and was able to start the free trail. Now I can't log in. And when it says reset the password to my email, I never get an email. On a chat with Hulu now to get them to just cancel. This is a big freakin' hassle.

Edit: Finally figured it out. I apparently had to use my wife's email last night when I signed up on their app. I guess I forgot that part as I was watching the KU game as well as being a little sick. Still, I would not want to have the service simply because I can get mostly the same with Youtube tv with free dvr whereas Hulu wants to charge $15 a month extra for 200 hours? What a joke.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:31 AM 02-12-2019
!@#$ Directv is an okay company overall, but some of their practices are shady. Here's what I mean by that. Today, I called to cancel their service and they said that I would have a early cancelation fee because I was under an agreement until December of 2020. SAY WHAT!!!!????!!!! I was told that this was due to a couple of Genie mini receivers that I had just received a couple months ago. They had been bugging me and bugging me with emails about needing to switch out my old receiver because it might not be able to get my local channels when they made some kind of system change this spring. So, last December I finally got around to having them send me those receivers, but I ended up only hooking up one. This was because my daughter is on her own DVR and I don't want her BS teen girl programs cluttering up my DVR (Genie mini's access one main/central DVR). That is why she has her own DVR receiver. I tried to make that clear to them at the time but they sent me two anyway.

But here is the kicker. Nobody ever once mentioned to me that by hooking up the Genie mini that I was signing up for a 24 month agreement. If they had told me that I would definitely have declined. I was already looking into the prospect of cutting the cord so why would I agree to another 24 month contract? After about 30 minutes on the phone with them (which I went off on the poor lady when she first told me I was under contract until 12/20) I finally managed to get them to waive that cancelation fee. I apologized to her because I know it's not her fault but I did tell her that was a shady practice and let her know that I was not accepting that BS.

I suppose that I should have known. They did the same thing to me a few years ago when I upgraded my daughter's receiver to a DVR. But I kept my service with them at the time because they were willing to give me some discounts. But they really should just make that clear to customers at the time they get new equipment. I have been with Directv for probably a decade and always pay my bill on time (auto payment). So it's not like I'm some deadbeat customer. Anyway, I just canceled my Directv service because they just keep getting more and more expensive. My bill this month is $103, and that's with the $30 off per month for 12 months that I managed to talk them into giving me last year at this time when I called to complain about how expensive my bill was getting. It would be $133 per month starting next month if I had stayed with them. And I don't even subscribe to premium channels. Bye Directv. Hello Youtube TV.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up