Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:36 PM 12-29-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Better buy ASAP. It’s at 1.80 now.

This is awesome!
Bought Bitcoin to transfer to XRP but it won't allow me to do so until the 6th. That shit will probably rise another dollar. :-)
[Reply]
Taco John 05:01 PM 12-29-2017
I bought 2000 at $0.62. This run up is amazing!
[Reply]
BWillie 06:17 PM 12-29-2017
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Ripple is eventually going to replace the bitcoin as the dominant coin. Bitcoin is the Netscape of coins. Ethereum is Yahoo. Ripple is Google.
Maybe, but I doubt it. People don't want to say most of the reasons why they love cryptocurrency. But ripple certainly doesn't have those characteristics. The goal of ripple is to profit and then get picked up by banking institutions.

I think you'll see Bitcoin be around a long long time as a secure store of value, and privacy coins really become the valued coins.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:24 PM 12-29-2017
I bought 2000 at $0.62. This run up is amazing!
I bought Bitcoin at $650. (Now +2300%)

PIVX at around $1. (Now +1200%)

DASH at $225. (Now +550%)

Litecoin at $50. (Now +500%)

Ripple is having a nice run, and its very interesting to see a crypto that doesn't really care about it's supply going up in value. Still can't say I'm super pissed I don't have any, but I suppose I'll hop during it's next dip.

BCH & Ripple will forever be my doom.

Ripple has now passed Ethereum as the #2 cryptocurrency in the world in marketcap.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:29 PM 12-29-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Ripple is having a nice run, and its very interesting to see a crypto that doesn't really care about it's supply going up in value. Still can't say I'm super pissed I don't have any, but I suppose I'll hop on board soon.

I see a yacht with whors and blow in your near future.

I just bought two powerballs and two megamillions potentially worth 420mil cash value.

I'll see you at the boat dock
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:21 PM 12-29-2017

Ripple is having a nice run, and its very interesting to see a crypto that doesn't really care about it's supply going up in value. Still can't say I'm super pissed I don't have any, but I suppose I'll hop during it's next dip.

Ripple has now passed Ethereum as the #2 cryptocurrency in the world in marketcap.
Well done sir.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:49 PM 12-29-2017
The biggest innovation of Ripple is the supply being so large that the unit price stays cheap. Tricks all the dumb money to buy in.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:43 PM 12-29-2017
Little birdie tells me BTC is trending negative. May be good time to cash in a bit.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:22 PM 12-29-2017
Maybe, but I doubt it. People don't want to say most of the reasons why they love cryptocurrency. But ripple certainly doesn't have those characteristics. The goal of ripple is to profit and then get picked up by banking institutions.

I think you'll see Bitcoin be around a long long time as a secure store of value, and privacy coins really become the valued coins.
The thing that you have to understand is that Ripple IS getting picked up by the banking institutions. They have over 1000 banks signed on that are in the process of coming on board. That will give XRP a stable floor, and it will float a lot of boats. Banks aren't going to turn to Bitcoin for their back institution liquidity needs. They're going to turn to Ripple. Look at where Bitcoin is right now. That's where Ripple is headed.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:29 PM 12-29-2017
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
The biggest innovation of Ripple is the supply being so large that the unit price stays cheap. Tricks all the dumb money to buy in.
Ripple owns 60 percent of the supply. That's 60 billion dollars. Correction, now it's 120 billion after this weekend. I don't know this for sure, but my business partner and I think that they are going for a 1 Trillion dollar valuation for that pile of coins and be the whale in the market that keeps it stable.

I don't expect it will happen overnight because they need stability in their system. It will happen in progressive increments on Fridays and holiday weekends like what happened today.

(just my opinion. Not financial advice)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:29 PM 12-29-2017
The thing that you have to understand is that Ripple IS getting picked up by the banking institutions. They have over 1000 banks signed on that are in the process of coming on board. That will give XRP a stable floor, and it will float a lot of boats. Banks aren't going to turn to Bitcoin for their back institution liquidity needs. They're going to turn to Ripple. Look at where Bitcoin is right now. That's where Ripple is headed.
I agree but I’m not sure the market cap will allow it to get as high in price as bitcoin. I do think Ripple is a great idea and their transfer possibilities for banks will be extremely beneficial for future use.

I pray to God you’re right and it blows up the next 3 months.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:31 PM 12-29-2017
Bitcoin will always be around as a hobby horse for people, but it's a sinking ship because they have a fixed supply that will encourage bouts of inflation and subsequent deflation, and the high fees will eventually be the straw that broke the camels back. When you have to pay $40 bucks just to get $200 in bitcoins, you learn real quick, "**** bitcoin."

Ethereum, Cardano... and a privacy coin of some type. Maybe Verge. Something with a ton of supply. These will eventually be more popular than bitcoin, IMO.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:36 PM 12-29-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I agree but I’m not sure the market cap will allow it to get as high in price as bitcoin. I do think Ripple is a great idea and their transfer possibilities for banks will be extremely beneficial for future use.

I pray to God you’re right and it blows up the next 3 months.
They've got a long term plan. This isn't going to happen in 3 months, but it will happen. They're going to be a huge institutional player and all boats that start on the bottom will float to the top. These are the big boys. This is not some kids with a cool concept.

Here's a look at their plan for stability.
https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-t...al-xrp-supply/
[Reply]
BWillie 10:37 PM 12-29-2017
That is exactly why I don't like Ripple. I DON'T want my crypto currency to be associated with ANY bank. I especially don't want a company to own so much of their own currency. They could flood the market, short it, or pretty much manipulate it at their own gain whenever they wanted.

Bitcoin will always be around as a hobby horse for people, but it's a sinking ship because they have a fixed supply that will encourage bouts of inflation and subsequent deflation, and the high fees will eventually be the straw that broke the camels back. When you have to pay $40 bucks just to get $200 in bitcoins, you learn real quick, "**** bitcoin."

Ethereum, Cardano... and a privacy coin of some type. Maybe Verge. Something with a ton of supply. These will eventually be more popular than bitcoin, IMO.
Coins with a finite supply that get super popular with tons of transactions per second are always going to have scaling issues. SegWit drastically reduce this hurdle eventually.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:38 PM 12-29-2017
Ripple owns 60 percent of the supply.
Which is exactly, IMO, why it won’t overtake Bitcoin. That supply is what is being used in financial institutions, not the publicly traded supply. Don’t fool yourself into thinking the token you have now will be used at a bank after you sell it. Couple that with the fact that the most accessible crypto exchange, Coinbase, has a policy of only listing decentralized coins, I just don’t see Ripple going much higher than it is now.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 261
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Up